Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big

Last night was an excellent night for Bruins content. I picked this one up on Google News, and I think many of you will enjoy it. Cheers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big

did you also see where Dougie was named top OHL offensive Dman and 2nd best Defensive Dman?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Good article, but at the bottom where he makes his awards predictions - Kesler for the Selke, but Bergeron for the Lady Byng? I'd give Patrice the nod over Kesler for the Selke, but I never even thought of him as a potential Byng winner

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big:
    [QUOTE]Good article, but at the bottom where he makes his awards predictions - Kesler for the Selke, but Bergeron for the Lady Byng? I'd give Patrice the nod over Kesler for the Selke, but I never even thought of him as a potential Byng winner
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

yeah I think it's gonna be a close race. By the way, speaking of Kesler, did you see the hip-check/suspendable low-blow he gave last night???

the only reason that isn't a suspension is because of his reputation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]did you also see where Dougie was named top OHL offensive Dman and 2nd best Defensive Dman?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

yeah I noticed that, he's gonna be a good one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big : yeah I think it's gonna be a close race. By the way, speaking of Kesler, did you see the hip-check/suspendable low-blow he gave last night??? the only reason that isn't a suspension is because of his reputation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mClsJucWZcI
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Kessler whom I like is as dirty as Marchand with a bit more talent.
    He yaps just as much, a lot of stick work if you follow his whole game, embellishes and has the odd cheap shot in his repertoire.

These type of players when against you you'll hate with a passion but love them as part of your team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big : yeah I think it's gonna be a close race. By the way, speaking of Kesler, did you see the hip-check/suspendable low-blow he gave last night??? the only reason that isn't a suspension is because of his reputation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mClsJucWZcI
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

just watched.  thanks for the link.  based on the rules...it's not a clip.  in fact as recently as a year or so ago, that was considered a good clean take out.  it can't be argued though, it's not dangerous.  it's time the league dealt with this...it's becoming a joke.  appears the only guy suspended by these submarine hits is marchand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Gotta love the comments "this hit was not at or below the knees, not a suspendable offense."

Hey guess what? Same with the Marchand hits. Do people not get how contradictory they are?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta love the comments "this hit was not at or below the knees, not a suspendable offense." Hey guess what? Same with the Marchand hits. Do people not get how contradictory they are?
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    If they're Nuck fans, no.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big : Kessler whom I like is as dirty as Marchand with a bit more talent. He yaps just as much, a lot of stick work if you follow his whole game, embellishes and has the odd cheap shot in his repertoire. These type of players when against you you'll hate with a passion but love them as part of your team.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Especially earlier in his career Legion. He was told by Vigneault to tone it down a few years ago and has thrived ever since, though I hate to say it because I am not a fan of his.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Good article, but at the bottom where he makes his awards predictions - Kesler for the Selke, but Bergeron for the Lady Byng? I'd give Patrice the nod over Kesler for the Selke, but I never even thought of him as a potential Byng winner
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I would give the Selke to Bergeron. I thought he'd get some Lady Byng votes for sure.

Kesler is an aggressive, checking, hustling, physical player all over the ice. I think you have to watch Bergeron play regularly to appreciate just how good he is defensively. It's not always done by breaking up a play or checking a guy off the puck while backchecking, etc. Watch how many times during a game he takes options away from opposing players, forcing them to do something they weren't planning on doing. He takes away passing lanes better than anyone. He is often one thought ahead of the other guy. He plays smarter than anyone else on the ice most nights.

While kesler puts on the better show more often, bergeron is the more effective defensive player IMO.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As my sig line suggests, I'm not big on the lobbying for suspensions, but file that Kesler video away for later because if Marchand ever gets suspended for a clip again, I'll want to send it to PC for the hearing.  Kesler is a dirty player and a diver.  The worst dive - and one of the most successful - in the finals was Kesler skating up beside Bergeron and then taking the Black Swan.  It wasn't embellishing a routine contact, it was out and out invention. Maybe he would be like Linseman or Marchand and I'd sing a different song if he was a Bruin.  But he isn't so f--k him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also noticed Zeisberger had Chara as a potential Hart candidate.  He really likes Z.  Or he's deathly afraid of him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Also noticed Zeisberger had Chara as a potential Hart candidate.  He really likes Z.  Or he's deathly afraid of him.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Zeisbergermeister accidently backed in to Z's car while backing out of his space in the garage at the garden when ottawa was in town. He's trying to keep his insurance premiums (both auto and health!) down. He'll be voting Chara for the Norris 3 years after he's retired.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins MVR (most valuable ref) O'Halloran worked that game and he intentionally let go all kinds of dirty stuff go against the Canucks (identical to his 2011 one sided calls/non calls that helped hand the B's their Tainted Cup).  Kesler was speared in the throat and had his stick slashed out his hands right in front of the Big O...but of course, Bettman's Hockey League's # 1 Ref didn't call either. The NHLOA and NBC choses who wins and who loses...thats a definite given folks.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Oh, poor little Kesler, Null. Next time he'll call you for help.

Null, you watch a man's game with little boy eyes. You'll never see anything the right way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm beginning to think null just cuts and pastes the same post over and over and over again. he also has some strange attraction to the "taint". i'm now handing you a "virtual tissue" null, wipe those nuck lovin' tears away, and act like a big boy. i'm beginning to think null is alain vigneault. hey alain, focus on coaching that group of mentally weak softies you have and move on. there's nothing more pathetic than a grown man whining.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Sun: Chara is Mr. Big : Quik Game 7 recap for Bookboy and his homer pals:  Period 1 @12:17 Bergeron slashs Kesler hard and breaks Keslers stick right in front of O'Halloran (automatic penalty, but no call). @14:37 Bergeron scores a fluke Score1-0. (that all important first goal wasn't going to be scored on a Canuck PP was it!). O'Halloran smugly skates to Canucks bench and states that he thought Kesler broke his stick shooting the puck...which proved yet again, he's just a big fat liar who was helping the B's cheat their way victory.  This is just one of the examples why the 2011 Cup is Tainted. Do you want some more?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Your chewing is amazing. Your memory is astonishing.

Let's test your astonishing memory:

For $50 cash - What did you have for breakfast on March 20, 2012?

To claim the prize, your mother's confirmation - in person - is required.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]i'm beginning to think null just cuts and pastes the same post over and over and over again. he also has some strange attraction to the "taint". i'm now handing you a "virtual tissue" null, wipe those nuck lovin' tears away, and act like a big boy. i'm beginning to think null is alain vigneault. hey alain, focus on coaching that group of mentally weak softies you have and move on. there's nothing more pathetic than a grown man whining.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I think it is Mike Gillis.  They maybe don't even get past the Hawks without his whining over penalty calls after two games the Canucks won, and the refs fell for it.  Unbelievable.  If the refs did put their whistles away a little as the playoffs went along (which happens every year - refs not wanting to decide outcomes) could you blame them?  They got sick of the ninnys going around looking for calls and the diving and head snapping that made them look bad. Mike get your team to play like men and have your Coach play the right goalie and maybe your luck will change.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Null, The Big Chew. Either you are hallucinating or you need a strong pair of glasses, or both.

Are you going to take my $50 challenge? Will your mother back you up?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Must be my aging eyes, but if that was not targeting the knees, nothing is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Must be my aging eyes, but if that was not targeting the knees, nothing is.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

What hit are you talking about ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kesler on Clutterbuck.