Torres Gets 25 Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Torres Gets 25 Games

In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games:
    [QUOTE]On the other hand, Duncan Keith gets a meaningless 5 games at the end of the regular season for a mean-spirited and targeted elbow right to Daniel's head.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but no one here cares about "Daniel".  At all.

One name man, huh?  Sort of fitting I guess.  Other men who go by one name:  Prince, Liberace, Madonna...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]On the other hand, Duncan Keith gets a meaningless 5 games at the end of the regular season for a mean-spirited and targeted elbow right to Daniel's head.

And Matt Cooke gets nothing for basically ending Marc Savards career.

No suspension and no excuses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : Torres is known for hitting guys in the head.  Torres has been suspended before for dirty plays.  Torres is a reckless, vicious, dirty hockey player.  If he had 50 goals this year and had the same checkered resume, I think he'd have the same punishment. Is Weber known for being disrespectful and has he been suspended for it before? Is Neal a repeat offender who has been called to the mat for jumping into checks? How many times has Backstrom had to talk to Shanahan for cross checking guys in the face or shield? The first time you get busted for a crime, unless it's a capital offense, you get off easy compared to the maximum sentence.

Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

On two consecutive shifts Neal was out for blood throwing elbows with an obvious intent to injure because he was pissed his team was about to go down 0-3 in the series. On top of that there is this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-faJ8tv7PxQ (2 game suspension)

He got one game for his antics in game 3. Torres got 25 for something we see probably at least a hundred times a year in the NHL. Most guys get right up, Hossa didn't. Severity of injury was clearly brought into consideration as Shanahan clearly stated. Severity of injury SHOULD NOT be considered, but that is a different issue.. The issue here is if you watch the replays of both Neal and Torres, it's obvious Neal had more malicious intent than Torres, and if you can't see it you're either blind or new to hockey, or both.

Which leads me to believe the star power or lack thereof of the players and the teams on which they play were the most important factors in the decisions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : And Matt Cooke gets nothing for basically ending Marc Savards career. No suspension and no excuses.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Right.  Changed his style just in time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : On two consecutive shifts Neal was out for blood throwing elbows with an obvious intent to injure because his was pissed his team was about to go down 0-3 in the series. On top of that there is this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-faJ8tv7PxQ (2 game suspension) He got one game for his antics in game 3. Torres got 25 for something we see probably at least a hundred times a year in the NHL. Most guys get right up, Hossa didn't. Severity of injury was clearly brought into consideration as Shanahan clearly stated. Severity of injury SHOULD NOT be considered, but that is a different issue.. The issue here is if you watch the replays of both Neal and Torres, it's obvious Neal had more of a malicious intent than Torres, if you can't see it, you're either blind or new to hockey, or both.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

Torres wasn't acting with malice.  That's simply how he plays the game.

I fail to see Neal's elbow brigade.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4IEPmoh0ZQ Let me know what I'm missing here.

And yes, I'm new to hockey.  I never really paid attention until the Bruins won the Cup, but I haven't missed a game this year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Try telling the whole story. Sedin elbowed Keith in the head that started it all prior to that and got nothing. An eye for an eye . Sedin got what he deserved considering his intentions were the same when he did this moments earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3r9769DFOQ&feature=related

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : Torres wasn't acting with malice.  That's simply how he plays the game. I fail to see Neal's elbow brigade.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4IEPmoh0ZQ Let me know what I'm missing here. And yes, I'm new to hockey.  I never really paid attention until the Bruins won the Cup, but I haven't missed a game this year!

Lol, I know you're not new it just sounded good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : Try telling the whole story. Sedin elbowed Keith in the head that started it all prior to that and got nothing. An eye for an eye . Sedin got what he deserved considering his intentions were the same when he did this moments earlier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3r9769DFOQ&feature=related
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Looks like "Daniel" targeted the head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : Looks like "Daniel" targeted the head.

And it was mean spirited!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : Malkin on Couturier looks like inadvertent contact at worst.  He doesn't throw the elbow out or anything like that.  It wasn't a brutal full force check.  Malkin was penalized.  I addressed Weber and Neal in my other post. Yes, I'd like more examples of star players that throw headshots and get away with it.

you also didn't think the torres hit was intentional so maybe you are not the best judge of intent to begin with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : Looks like "Daniel" targeted the head.

It's funny how things turn out. Keith took Sedin's elbow and stayed up. "Daniel" went down like a bag of bricks. 5 game suspension well spent for Keith. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : you also didn't think the torres hit was intentional so maybe you are not the best judge of intent to begin with.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Oh, there's a misquote.  Of course the hit was intentional, but I don't think he said to himself, "I'm going to hit him in the head".  His speed and the jump created the headshot, making it very careless and clearly dangerous.

In the future, Neecic (one of the stupidest names I've seen here), read the thought fully before refering to it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : Oh, there's a misquote.  Of course the hit was intentional, but I don't think he said to himself, "I'm going to hit him in the head".  His speed and the jump created the headshot, making it very careless and clearly dangerous. In the future, Neecic (one of the stupidest names I've seen here), read the thought fully before refering to it.

so you figure by jumping he thought he'd hit him in the leg?  give your head a shake.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Torres Gets 25 Games : so you figure by jumping he thought he'd hit him in the leg?  give your head a shake.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Every player that leaves his feet hits the other guy in the head?

Give your leg a shake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

in the position hossa was in yes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

and neecic was my grandmas name, god rest her soul, you monster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]and neecic was my grandmas name, god rest her soul, you monster.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Hahaha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Bad mouthing a guy's grandma ? What's next ? A mean spirited elbow to her head ? Unlike "Daniel" she'll probably stay up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

I agree with 25 games... I disagree with all other calls with 1-2-3-4-5 games

The action:  hit to the head
    Consequences: all the same, no matter what

Shanahan is a real joke, same as NHL !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Neal got half a game for each elbow in the Flyer-Pens game.What if he only threw one elbow? I guess he would come in half way through the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Consider the source, and it's not that surprising.

Sections
Shortcuts