Torres quoted on NHL live

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Torres quoted on NHL live

He say's his #1 priority is to "finish hits, play physical and make it tough on defensemen."  He has no intention of making plays with the puck.

He's needs to get tuned up his very first shift.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Torres quoted on NHL live

The guy is like a pinball.
    In the only game this season against Canucks he got Ference really hard.  Something like the hit on Seabrooke. 
    It's hard to tune him up as you're saying . I could understand if Chara were to go face to face with him but that's not going to happen as Julien will try to match him with Sedins as much as possible.
    Likely Kaberle and McQuaid will be seeing a lot of Torres therefore maybe McQuaid get's to tango with Torres.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha Ha Legion your funny every post is expecting a fight now. There isn't going to be any fights in the finals forget it that would be playing right into Torres hands and put a lethal PP on the ice Bruins have stayed disciplined they will continue it.

Peverley has been getting in peoples face lately and doing it without getting sent out the 3rd line will be fine no matter how many face washes Lap Dog Lapierre gives Seguin. Ryder has not made a a great open ice hit since the first round of the playoffs last year he needs another one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Torres quoted on NHL live:
    Ha Ha Legion your funny every post is expecting a fight now. There isn't going to be any fights in the finals forget it that would be playing right into Torres hands and put a lethal PP on the ice Bruins have stayed disciplined they will continue it. Peverley has been getting in peoples face lately and doing it without getting sent out the 3rd line will be fine no matter how many face washes Lap Dog Lapierre gives Seguin. Ryder has not made a a great open ice hit since the first round of the playoffs last year he needs another one.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

LOL no no, not saying McQuaid will fight , just hit Torres hard.
    Anyway Torres rarely drops his gloves.
    The only fight I think might happen is Bieska and Lucic or maybe even Horton .
    Bieska has dropped his gloves and Lucic nobody wanted to fight him. 
    Maybe only Shelly of the Flyers would have fought Lucic but not after Boychuk clocked him. He wasn't the same anymore.
    Lapierre will do his usual shaking off of the gloves and then skate away smiling like a hyena after trying to get the lions prey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

You have to also look out for Victor Oreskovich. This guy is a scud missle, he's the guy that tried to take off Ference's head this season. He has no interest in playing the puck either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Raffi, Raffi, Raffi.

Someone is going to clean your whistle if you don't retire soon!

By the way, Tyler will invite you over when he has his day with the Cup in August. He knows you don't live far from him and you know how to get to his place. He'll let you take a picture with Stanley's Mug.

Nice place, Brampton. Good place to retire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Raffi knows his role.  I am sure you guys all remember Edmontons run.  He destoyed people.  This is hitting hockey.  Torres won't drop his gloves. 
    At the end of this series. People will see why I want him in a Bruin uniform.  Torres can also chip in but his first role is to hit as many people as he can.  Marchand has a rant about running around trying to kill people.  This is Torres saying the same thing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Pregame banter, Vancouver will play positional hockey just as the Bs.  My guess Torres is just baiting with the physical play verbage.  The only rough stuff might be on Chara, if the above fore mentioned are on the ice at the same time.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You have to also look out for Victor Oreskovich. This guy is a scud missle, he's the guy that tried to take off Ference's head this season. He has no interest in playing the puck either.
    Posted by soups-7

Yes.  Oreskovich isn't much of a player, but he can hit, and you can bet will be flying on the forecheck.  He also shares Torres' disregard for players safety, so the B's need to keep on their toes. 

One thing that will be very frustrating about this Canuck team is that there will be a lot of hitting, chippy play, face washes, and the like from players that simply will not fight -- Burrows, Lapierre, Torres, Oreskovich, Glass, etc.  The Bruins must keep there heads.  That means you Horton and Marchand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

I always liked him as a disturber. We don't need him anymore since we have Brad Marchand, so beat the crap of him first game and finish this team off. Also, render the Sedin twins useless this series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Torres plays nasty and I am guaranteeing he is going to hurt somebody wearing a Bruins Jersey before this series is over. My guess is Krecji has the biggest target on his back.

Lets hope the Bruins come out fired up from the start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He said he was going to finish his checks,play physical and make it tough on defenseman....what is wrong with that? What do you want him to say? Thats his role.  i said it before, he's an average player at best who doesnt warrant the attention he gets on this board..If you see him on the Van power play expect a whistle for too many men on the ice because he doesnt belong there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He said he was going to finish his checks,play physical and make it tough on defenseman....what is wrong with that? What do you want him to say? Thats his role.  i said it before, he's an average player at best who doesnt warrant the attention he gets on this board..If you see him on the Van power play expect a whistle for too many men on the ice because he doesnt belong there.
    Posted by kelvana33

Wrong.  he actually does get PP time.  He was on their second unit for stints this year.  I believe he had 3 PP goals as well.  He has been taken off the main 2 units. 

He does warrant the attention.  I like him.  :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No...no shupe, you have a man-crush on him.

Here's what I wanted him to say: "I'm basically going to go out there, offer to get guys coffee, sashay in to the corners to plant buttercups, and just basically make defenseman feel like guests on Martha Stewart!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

OK, Bruin fans --- how good is your sense of humour?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxu2-Ts4AWM&feature=player_embedded

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

OK, Bruin fans --- how good is your sense of humour? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxu2-Ts4AWM&feature=player_embedded
    Posted by 49-North

That was pretty flippin funny.. except for the fact that that dude needs to take that sweater off before I fly to Vancouver and strangle him with it.
    LETS GO BRUINS!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by kelvana33

Agree 100% Kelvana. He's a guy that knows his role. If he said he was gonna start dangling(ala Shawn Thornton) well then I would've been surprised.

Sections
Shortcuts