Torres Suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Torres Suspended

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I thought he would get more.  Guy just cant stop doing the bad hits.  He can play though, has speed and decent hands.   He added a lot to their lineup.  

Good thing you're a cop and not a judge, Shupe.  The jails would be empty but half the citizens would be on probation.

You obviously dont know the canadian legal system.  Haha. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks to me like he's a player who just doesnt get it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Dumb like truck.  he doesnt have to make that hit with that impact.  Angle him off.  Old rules huge hit.  New rules suspension.  Wonder who signs him.  Im calling montreal.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Dumb like truck.  he doesnt have to make that hit with that impact.  Angle him off.  Old rules huge hit.  New rules suspension.  Wonder who signs him.  Im calling montreal.  

Or just go lower.  He still looks like he launches upward to me, to catch the head.  That's the habit the league must break.  If he thumps him in the torso there, everyone is okay with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Or just go lower.  He still looks like he launches upward to me, to catch the head.  That's the habit the league must break.  If he thumps him in the torso there, everyone is okay with it.

Great pt.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

He ALWAYS goes for the big hit over playing the puck... and frequently gets his arms/stick up. Recently he has been turning his back while he gives the late hit/interference so that he can claim he wasn't doing anything intentional. I'm not saying it's a penalty all the time but there is certainly no concern for the guy on the other end.

Subban's big hits are aimed lower, leads with his butt when the players are coming toward him.

Torres hits high with his shoulder from unsuspecting angles.

Don't see no similarities at all between the two other then being hard hitters.

One constantly dirty .......one not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Torres is an absolute buffoon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

I hate to say it but I don't think this was a bad hit. Stoll looks like he almost fell forward right before the hit and his whole body was slumped and leaning forward with his head lowered to shoulder level. The hit occurs but I personally don't think it was Torres' fault.  Go back and look at the slow-mo version of it and see how Stoll stops momentarily and his whole upper body is significantly lower than it normally would be.

It almost looks like Stoll lost his footing and stumbled a little right before the hit... 

Truth be told, I am not a huge hockey fan who knows the individual players so I have no knowledge of his past transgretions but from what I saw I disagree with the ruling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ddimaria's comment:

I hate to say it but I don't think this was a bad hit. Stoll looks like he almost fell forward right before the hit and his whole body was slumped and leaning forward with his head lowered to shoulder level. The hit occurs but I personally don't think it was Torres' fault.  Go back and look at the slow-mo version of it and see how Stoll stops momentarily and his whole upper body is significantly lower than it normally would be.

It almost looks like Stoll lost his footing and stumbled a little right before the hit... 

Truth be told, I am not a huge hockey fan who knows the individual players so I have no knowledge of his past transgretions but from what I saw I disagree with the ruling.

I thought it was a blindside hit targeting the head. Here's another one of suspension hits. The guy doesn't get it and never will, he is a tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY9CmK86fhs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Subban follows through with his arm flying around at head height. How else did he cut the bridge of Lucic's nose? Lucic isn't exactly a small player...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ddimaria's comment:

Thanks for stopping by.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

He really shouldnt be allowed to play in the NHL.  The fact that he gets to play in the same league as some of the best players in the world is an absolute shame. I truly hope no one signs him next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

You could argue that both hit to injure, at least that appears to be Subban's MO but I don't recall him causing an injury 

Most players hit to injure.  In fact, the only one that doesn't is Shawn Thornton.  Because he doens't hit.  He does the Mercy Curl.

But seriously, Subban hits hard, but he's not dirty about it.  (Please note:  I freakin' hate that coward and really want to see someone F him up royally.)

We certainly agree on our hopes for the talented coward on the Habs blueline.  I think we should start a movement never to mention his name again here since we will likely have his brother playing here in a few years and we want to distance ourselves from he who shall remain nameless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

I hear he's dating Matt Cooke.

Guess you haven't heard... Cooke has completely turned his game around.

Karlsson and his achilles would disagree.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I dunno man, Stoll's head got hit, Torres is a repeat offender.  Not to mention as of right now he is without question the dirtiest player in the league, i think the suspension was justified...especially considering Gryba got suspended for his hit in the last round of the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Doug Wilson's official statement with regard to the suspension:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=423435

Looks like he is angling to nominate Torres as a Masterton Trophy nominee for next season a la Cooke....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Karlsson and his achilles would disagree.

[/QUOTE]

No intent on Cooke on that! Total accident. Look at the video the TSN panel showed that night. A LOT of players bring their leg up in the same situatuions. I still hate Cooke, but he finally got it! Torres doesn't!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Torres is a capable hockey player, seems to score big goals.  He's also expendable and has a pretty good track record of taking out good players for as long or longer then his suspension.  There will always be a GM who sees that as an acceptable risk and possibly a bonus (if thornton takes out nash for the series and gets suspended for it not only is it a good trade off for boston but they don't even have to pay him). Until the team is penalized for employing a repeat offender when he injures someone, guys like torres will find work.

Subban preys on unsuspecting players on all his big hits, most big hits are on guys who arent expecting it though.  My problem with him is he jumps and bum blasts every time he hits.  so its ok to leave your feet if you're backwards?  Why is there never a penalty?

suspensions aren't a deterrent for these guys, this is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLOjQcyA8uc

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:

suspensions aren't a deterrent for these guys, this is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLOjQcyA8uc

Good point and well deserved.

Although Torres did go on to maul Hossa and Stoll after this......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Rest of the Second Round.

Enough is enough with this maniac.   Who gets suspended in consecutive playoffs?  Kick him out of the league.

Relax sally, the only reason it's called a dirty hit is because of the European invasion of the nhl.  U can't even enjoy the odd staged fight , and u call yourself a bruin fan?? HAHAHAHA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

Relax sally, the only reason it's called a dirty hit is because of the European invasion of the nhl.  U can't even enjoy the odd staged fight , and u call yourself a bruin fan?? HAHAHAHA

There is never a proper defense of someone intentionally concussing a player...........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

There is never a proper defense of someone intentionally concussing a player...........

Clearly there was no intent to do that.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Clearly there was no intent to do that.  

Evidently the League disagrees.

The last time I checked, the point of a hockey game was to outscore the other team, not to cause brain damage to an unsuspecting player.

Sections
Shortcuts