Torres Suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Torres Suspended

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to pauly1's comment:

Clearly there was no intent to do that.  

Evidently the League disagrees.

The last time I checked, the point of a hockey game was to outscore the other team, not to cause brain damage to an unsuspecting player.

like i pointed out before, times have change. To me the equipment is to blame, the shoulder and elbow pads have become weapons, they go way beyound protecting the player wearing them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The last time I checked, the point of a hockey game was to outscore the other team, not to cause brain damage to an unsuspecting player.

Jm, your talking to one of the biggest morons/trolls to ever invade this forum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

like i pointed out before, times have change. To me the equipment is to blame, the shoulder and elbow pads have become weapons, they go way beyound protecting the player wearing them.

To this we can agree. The shoulder pads have become football issue and elbow pads appear to be solid as concrete.

Reminds me of gladiator equipment out for the complete destruction of the opponent...not what was intended at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Everyone deserves their due Kel, even NHLOA (did I just type that?). Too much beer for me maybe?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE     Wanna meet me some where????  U know to have a beer or SOMETHING. lol 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

U shouldn't spend so much time on here trying to stroke nas's ego. It's obvious u are one of his puppets. Stand up for yourself and show some stones boy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I don't believe that hit would be a suspension if the hit came from say....Rich Peverly.  Looks within the rules to me, and herin lies the problem.

Can't call infractions based on reputation.  It demeans the rules.  The rules, coupled with the equipment need to change.  Based on the strength and speed of todays players, the rules are hopelessly antiquated, but both the league and PA are sticking their collective heads in the sand, and making it up as they go.

Basically, it seems to me that any hit which looks violent, or any hit that hurts someone, could result in a suspension......but...nobody really knows.  Time to update things before someone gets hurt really bad....life threatening bad, cuz its definately coming, and we'll see knee jerk changes then.

I don't understand the gear.  It's pretty straightforward to fix it.  The hard plastic doesn't absorb energy.  It can be more protective, and offer better outcomes for those on the receiving end too.  Helmets haven't changed much in 30 years either.  All of this stuff must change, as well as the rules have to more definitively explain a clean check.