Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up'

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7178520/new-york-rangers-john-tortorella-tells-san-jose-sharks-joe-thornton-just-shut-up

"It surprised me, and I've never heard a player say that," Tortorella told reporters after Tuesday's practice, according to the New York Daily News. "Joe's a heck of a player, but here's a player popping off about our team, and Joe hasn't won a god d--- thing in this league. He could go down as a player, being one of the better players in our league never to win anything. So what he should do is just shut up. It was uncalled for, it was classless, and I've never had it happen like that before."

Torts likes his after practice rants with the media Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up'

love him and he is right.  joe talking about another team being soft?  wow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Rangers won. Joe you have no point. loves the tude torts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Ryan Clowe, the sharks 'lucic type", was picked for and won a shootout last week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Suprised by this, to me it is out of character of Joe. Not sure what he felt he had to gain by saying this...Guaranteed this gets mentioned in Larry Brooks column this Sunday and he finds a way to hammer Torts...Also, guarantee somewhere KPD is is adding Torts to his Christmas card list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Presidents trophy, Art Ross and Hart aren't exactly nothing. Plenty of good players who never won the Stanley Cup. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Tell you what, talk like that can be a precursor to running a player out of town. I'd love to give Jumbo Joe another shot here. Looch and Horton--instant 40 goal scorers on a line with the California boy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up':
    [QUOTE]Presidents trophy, Art Ross and Hart aren't exactly nothing. Plenty of good players who never won the Stanley Cup. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Scooter - True enough.  Pat Lafontainne, Gil Perreault, Phil Housley, Peter Stastny, Marcel Dionne, Pierre Turgeon, Mike Gartner, Dale Hawerchuk and Adam Oates are among them.  Still, there must not be any mirrors at Thornton's house.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up' : Scooter - True enough.  Pat Lafontainne, Gil Perreault, Phil Housley, Peter Stastny, Marcel Dionne, Pierre Turgeon, Mike Gartner, Dale Hawerchuk and Adam Oates are among them.  Still, there must not be any mirrors at Thornton's house.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, I saw the post-game interview and when I heard Joe say it I had to do a double-take. What possible good can come from Thornton calling out the NYR, a team they don't play often enough to develop a rivalry? It'd be different if he says it about the Wings or Ducks but the NYR? All I could think was where are you going with this Joe? Bob McKenzie just reported that Doug Wilson has already contacted Sather in an attempt to smooth things over. Joe is a talented hockey player but not a good thinker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up' : RHO, I saw the post-game interview and when I heard Joe say it I had to do a double-take. What possible good can come from Thornton calling out the NYR, a team they don't play often enough to develop a rivalry? It'd be different if he says it about the Wings or Ducks but the NYR? All I could think was where are you going with this Joe? Bob McKenzie just reported that Doug Wilson has already contacted Sather in an attempt to smooth things over. Joe is a talented hockey player but not a good thinker.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - I'd expect to hear those words come from, say, Carcillo's mouth but not Thornton's.  Guess there's a first time for everything.  BTW, I'm digging your cool new avatar, buddy.  Nice one! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up' : RHO, I saw the post-game interview and when I heard Joe say it I had to do a double-take. What possible good can come from Thornton calling out the NYR, a team they don't play often enough to develop a rivalry? It'd be different if he says it about the Wings or Ducks but the NYR? All I could think was where are you going with this Joe? Bob McKenzie just reported that Doug Wilson has already contacted Sather in an attempt to smooth things over. Joe is a talented hockey player but not a good thinker.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Good post.  Joe is normally a pretty happy go lucky dude.  I was surprised as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not because Joe made a similar DOOPID statement after Chara drove Pacioretty into the boards. "Boston seems to get all the calls don't they ?" Duh...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not because Joe made a similar DOOPID statement after Chara drove Pacioretty into the boards. "Boston seems to get all the calls don't they ?" Duh...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, I can at least make some sense of his bitterness towards the Bruins (even if I don't agree with it) but this latest statement is right out of left field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Out of character for Joe?

I don't think so! Just ask Mike Knuble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Tell you what, talk like that can be a precursor to running a player out of town. I'd love to give Jumbo Joe another shot here. Looch and Horton--instant 40 goal scorers on a line with the California boy!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Am I like the only one that doesn't have you blocked?? You sound like a r.etarded leafs fan on an off day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up' : Am I like the only one that doesn't have you blocked?? You sound like a r.etarded leafs fan on an off day.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I've grown used to OEC getting most of his thoughts from the senile pile.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I don't get some of you bashing joe for not having won a cup I bet none of you were bashing Ray Bourque for this. Just a thought..........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up':[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tortorella tells Sharks' Thornton to 'just shut up' : this latest statement is right out of left field. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm not searching for all his bird brain statements Joe's made over the years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

This is just like Joe. He just doesn't think. For a ppg player over the last 5 or so years he has to be the softest player I have ever seen during that span. I'll take him seriously when he can lead a team to a cup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I-like-hockey, Let me know when you both like AND understand hockey. Dez never will, and I believe you have little hope as well. I'll continue to enjoy the other posters with some intellect however. You and Dez can enjoy the playpen together, as you so often do. Maybe you can help him with his wayback machine. Goodnight children. Tuck each other in now ; - )

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Softest 6'5 guy in the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I-like-hockey, Let me know when you both like AND understand hockey. Dez never will, and I believe you have little hope as well. I'll continue to enjoy the other posters with some intellect however. You and Dez can enjoy the playpen together, as you so often do. Maybe you can help him with his wayback machine. Goodnight children. Tuck each other in now ; - )
    What are you going on about now Boom-Boom? Another stinky diaper got you down? Isn't there a Cactus thread somewhere you should be agreeing with? You're still 1 good post away from catching up to your soul-mate. Poor Boom-Boom.......maybe if you start another thread about which 4th liner you think Boston should trade for in order to save their season............Aw, forget it! I can smell your next post already.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dez, hop on your wayback machine after you climb out of the crib. I'm sure you can entertain yourself all day digging up old posts. Than, after your bottle feeding and some Gerber plums, play on the swings with I-Like-But-Don't-Quite-Understand-hockey. Have a good time with him, and play nice out there ; - )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, hop on your wayback machine after you climb out of the crib. I'm sure you can entertain yourself all day digging up old posts. Than, after your bottle feeding and some Gerber plums, play on the swings with I-Like-But-Don't-Quite-Understand-hockey. Have a good time with him, and play nice out there ; - )

Yeah I really dont understand hockey. I mean I should be calling for the team to acquire Chuck Kobasew or Miro Satan. Better yet why not bring back Jason Arnott im sure he could be that 6'+ center this team needs I bet.

Wait my its because my hockey knowledge isn't soley consisted of current and ex bruins players. Unlike your puny brain I generally follow most of whats going on around the league and I dont make assanine statements like "Id love to have Joe Thorton back, he'd make Lucic and Horton 40 goal scorers".....

Do you even think about how stupid you sound? No just be quite and back to the kids corner for you. Maybe you should go back to commenting on TSN those posters seem to more to your level.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Ah, looks like Dez and I-Don-t-Understand are both climbing into their wayback machines again. Have funchildren--weeeeeee