Torts: Canucks to stop diving...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Torts: Canucks to stop diving...

Well, I'll be damned.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/torts-our-team-is-not-going-to-dive/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

It's a start.  And the article and comments are pretty funny.

I wonder if the fans/media there are still in denial.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Torts: Canucks to stop diving...

Atta boy Torts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Well, I'll be damned.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/torts-our-team-is-not-going-to-dive/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

It's a start.  And the article and comments are pretty funny.

I wonder if the fans/media there are still in denial.

For sure they are, talk to any Nuck fan or listen and read the media. Rome hit was clean, Boychuk hit on Raymond was brutal, Burrow's within his full rights to bite Bergeron, Marchand should have been suspended for punching Sedin 7 times in the head, Refs let Bruins do whatever they wanted against the Nucks with no repercussions, League wanted the Bruins to win, Nucks don't dive........................... it goes on & on & on & on & on. I've heard it all ad nauseum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So much for getting the Sedins to re-sign.

But seriously, it's good news and even better that somebody in the organization finally admitted to reality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

So much for getting the Sedins to re-sign.

But seriously, it's good news and even better that somebody in the organization finally admitted to reality.

That's the best part.  I picture Torts slapping some people around in the locker room and saying 'Listen, you guys dive and it doesn't work.  Knock it off.  It's embarrassing'.  Followed by a gasp from around the room...B..b..bbut the Bruins...

Kesler is demanding a trade to the Rangers immediately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think he's great.

I already miss him vs. Fatboy in New York.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My boss made a good point today. The Canucks have not been getting the penalty calls this year. He said Torts saw this, realized it was because they were perceived as divers and decided to publicly tell all the Refs, "Yeah we dove, but we don't anymore, so now you can put us on the PP again because now you'll know it's a real penalty (whether it is or not)"

My boss added "a leopard can't change its spots, so try camouflage" - and he's a Canucks fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm kinda bummed by this. Hockey's more fun when Philly struggles, Pittsburgh fails in the brightest moment, Toronto starts strong and misses the playoffs, Buffalo blows, Montreal whines and Vancouver gets embarrassed for diving and crying. Anything contrary to those things happening is bizarre.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This is fantastic too -- their own blogger, Harrison Mooney, calling out Kesler:

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/10/24/no-suspension-for-frans-nielsen-headshot-on-kesler-because-kesler-dove/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I love the caption on the opening photo.  Water is totally a goon and should be tossed from the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Made the mistake of reading the comments - oh, red, I am so sorry for you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah poor Larry Brooks can't even pick on Richards this year. Oh and Canuck fans will always find things to be whiners about. 

It was only a matter of time before Torts opened up and started putting his stamp on the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Made the mistake of reading the comments - oh, red, I am so sorry for you.

They're absolutely maddening and it never ends - but I did get some smiles from reading Mooney's responses to the comments. I think the fans have gone so far around the twist that even their own reporters think they're nuts now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Holy crap those comments are priceless!!!!!! Some of my favorites...

"The league’s anti-Canuck bias has infected the local media …"

"Yeah, I don’t really see a dive either. I’m sure he embellished it, though."

"Henrik would probably get fewer penalties if he hooked people less, I dunno."

"Am I the only one concerned about the ducks in the modified gif? Anyone know if they’re Ok?"

"Not sure how a bunch of Canucks fans refusing to believe Ryan Kesler dove calls for a second look."

"If you think that was a dive you know very little about hockey."

"OK OK OK! It WASN’T a dive. It WAS embellishment though, no doubt about it."

"Thats absolute CRAP. Edler gets 3 games for a guy skating headfirst into his back, and then we have a guy give a heads-hot to one of our top players and gets nothing ?! "

"Kesler definately gets hit in the head….and to think he dove is insulting to everyone that has taken a hit to the head. Get your heads checked…

Reply: I would further your knowledge of the word definitely. Also the word insulting.

"It’s just amazing that even when the Canucks own coach and home town blogger see what the rest of the hockey world has seen for a long time, you get nothing but denials here from the fans. Simply amazing level of denial.

Just the usual excuses, whining about the Bruins, and whatever else. The whole organization is so out of touch. I used to root for the Canucks even though I lived far away. Loved Linden and Bure. Then the nonsense of 2011 and the team strategy of drawing penalties at all costs, drove me and many others away.

Listen to Tortorella and Mooney people. They speak the truth. The first step is admitting you have a problem."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I liked this one too (Mainly because I can't stand Mark Spector and I know any Canuck fan would rather swallow rusty nails than apologize to him).

Thing is, I didn’t make this assumption based on past history. My initial reaction to this play was that Nielsen got him in the head. I snarked at Mark Spector for suggesting otherwise. And then I watched it a bunch more times and I was writing it and changed my mind.

Dude, I had to apologize to Mark Spector. I’d have much preferred Kesler didn’t dive. Nothing to do with not being a homer. I just have an opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

There used to be nothing that I liked about Torts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I love coaches like Torts who arent afraid to speak their mind. Yes he goes overboard, he was very wrong in his treatment of Sam Rosen, but I like how he handled Larry Brooks. He's charismatic and very intelligent. Has a passion for the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Tortorella = Hockey's version of Rex Ryan. Just with way more credibility, not quite as ridiculous, and you know...has a ring as a head coach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Tortorella = Hockey's version of Rex Ryan. Just with way more credibility, not quite as ridiculous, and you know...has a ring as a head coach.

Rick Pitino and Bill Parcells come to mind too.  Charlatans.  It's not about you.  

Say as little as you can get away with in public.  Plenty of chance to do all the talking you want in practice.  Just win.

Julien, Belichick, Doc, Francona  --  We've been lucky

Sections
Shortcuts