Torts is a joke...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Torts is a joke...

This guy is a piece or work.  Best thing that will come from this series is seeing this guy get fired after the B's dispense with the Rangers.  Throwing his own player under the bus and running over him several times to the national media.  Even the king of smugness, Mike Millbury cound'nt believe he said what he did.  Constantly whining and cursing out the ref's during games.  Love to see him get what he deserves.  Can't stomach looking at him with that constant smirk...  Be gone Tortorella!!

Because he stinks on the power play,” Tortorella said after the Rangers practised Saturday. “I don’t know why. I wish I could play him on the power play. Every time I put him on, he stinks.”

Thus began an extended, entertaining exchange between Tortorella and reporters on Hagelin’s absence from the power play, with Tortorella frequently employing the word “stinks.”

“I think he’s too quick,” Tortorella said when asked what Hagelin does wrong on the power play. “I think he’s a jitterbug and he screws it up. But I may use him -- I’d love to. And I’m not trying to be a smart aleck. He stinks on the power play every time I put him on there.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Re: Torts is a joke...

In response to MustangBri's comment:

This guy is a piece or work.  Best thing that will come from this series is seeing this guy get fired after the B's dispense with the Rangers.  Throwing his own player under the bus and running over him several times to the national media.  Even the king of smugness, Mike Millbury cound'nt believe he said what he did.  Constantly whining and cursing out the ref's during games.  Love to see him get what he deserves.  Can't stomach looking at him with that constant smirk...  Be gone Tortorella!!

Yeah ~ but what's his face made a nice GAWD DAMN play on the goal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

What is hes supposed to do, pat everyone on the back and take them out for ice cream?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

What is hes supposed to do, pat everyone on the back and take them out for ice cream?

No, but have you ever publicly humiliated someone and have it all work out wonderful in the end?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

No, but have you ever publicly humiliated someone and have it all work out wonderful in the end?

I'm not much of a Torts fan either, but I think in context, he's going far enough over the top...he's really not publicly humiliating Hagelin.  He's not saying he's a stinky hockey player, Tortorella is kind of implying the reality is bizarre.  In an odd sort of way, he's kind of speaking of Hag's positives overall.
    Just my opinion.  I usually find the subleties more cutting and dirty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

It's his way of saying " I don't really have an answer for the Bruins ". Class has never been the Fonz's strong suit .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hagelin was buzzing on every shift yesterday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NAS I always thought Hagelin was a speedy and dangerous player, but he still stunk on their PP! lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I'm not much of a Torts fan either, but I think in context, he's going far enough over the top...he's really not publicly humiliating Hagelin.  He's not saying he's a stinky hockey player, Tortorella is kind of implying the reality is bizarre.  In an odd sort of way, he's kind of speaking of Hag's positives overall.
    Just my opinion.  I usually find the subleties more cutting and dirty.

I agree.  He said several times that he thinks he is a great player and and for some strange reason he does not work out good on the PP.  Peopele are taking this out of context.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Never liked the guys coaching style. I can appreciate being passionate and fired up, but to me, this guy is waaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top, and mostly to the down side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

All I know is every time they show him, he looks like he's watching someone put ketchup and peanut butter on a ham sandwich.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree w/ you but he went out his way to humiliate his own player. Hey John how about you call your self out for your crappy PP, your the head coach and it's your system.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

torts does stir up the pea patch. I'm sure there are other teams who wish he was their coach. He's lighting Hagelin's backside, and looking for more, which Hagelin showed in game 2. The message also goes out to other Ranger players that they need to wake up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

No, but have youever publicly humiliated someone and have it all work out wonderful in the end?

trick question, I said how many time have *you* ever...

yes, it works, but I don't believe it's a good strategy to be calling out guys like that publicly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yes, all the time.  I have been in sales for 20 years and the best way to motivate many reps is to call them out publicly, among the group, in order to gain additional accountibility.  Some flourish and some disappear.  Depends on the person.  My guess is Hagelin is tough enough to handle it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I LOVE Torts! I think he talks this way to protect his players. Cherry did the same thing & it worked. Torts uses the media to bring the attention to him, because he makes some great TV & quotes. The media HAVE TO speak to him. I think this is his way to take the focus off of the players good, or bad performance's to help them not having to worry about what the media is saying. They're too busy quoting him to worry about the team. Torts didn't humilate anyone & didn't throw anyone under the bus. Totally taken out of context. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Tortorella is an idiot. More coaches need to be hard on their players when they're underperforming but criticism has to constructive and NEVER open in the public domain. This guy is one obnoxious demotivator.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Tortorella is an idiot. More coaches need to be hard on their players when they're underperforming but criticism has to constructive and NEVER open in the public domain. This guy is one obnoxious demotivator.

And if the Rangers come back to win the series, what will you say then?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, all the time.  I have been in sales for 20 years and the best way to motivate many reps is to call them out publicly, among the group, in order to gain additional accountibility.  Some flourish and some disappear.  Depends on the person.  My guess is Hagelin is tough enough to handle it.

Sales guys.  typical.  Us software guys are sweating it out in the back room and you guys shmooze and booze customers and make the promises we have to keep.  I'm calling you out publicly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sales guys.  typical.  Us software guys are sweating it out in the back room and you guys shmooze and booze customers and make the promises we have to keep.  I'm calling you out publicly.

software guys = salary

Sales reps = commission and pennies

BooHoo for the software reps!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Win or lose, I'll still think Torts is a D ick and it wont change the fact that he is. But then again, if I were a coach, Id probably be one too toward the press. The questions some of these reporters ask are just plain stupid. But, as someone said before, he doesnt have an answer for anything, especially the Bruins. The B's are a better team and the only chance the Rangers have, is if Lundqvist picks up his game and the B's keep handing the Rangers scoring chances.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

And if they don't what will you say then

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Save the Tort Torts....Oh wait, thats not it.  Save the Ta Tas. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

software guys = salary

Sales reps = commission and pennies

BooHoo for the software reps!

Sales reps = salary commission and padded expense accounts, boozing and complaining if they have to downgrade their hotels.

software guys = salary, no appreciation, where the rubber hits the road and where the real work gets down.

Sections
Shortcuts