Trade Chara???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Trade Chara???

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dumb.  I think by the time we got through the conference finals, everyone agreed that Chara should have won the Norris.  He was that good.  Unlucky series against Chicago, and yeah, some of their all world forwards beat Chara a few times while he played 30 minutes a night.  So you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater...

Chara is better, and will be better over the next 5 years, then anyone we could possibly get in the draft. 

What Chara couldn't do is cover up for Seindenberg 's mistakes..That  guy was just plain awful In this series....

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll find out they were both playing hurt. Seidenberg looked like he was in pain and a step slower for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Totally agree Dez, and I realize everyone is battling some form of pain this time of year but we have a long track record to go off of. Every shift, of every game Chara and Seidenberg are going against the other teams best while be the two most physical players ont he ice I think that takes it toll, and the last 4 games, with Kane and Toews being hot the toll was paid.

To suggest trading Chara, arguably the most important player to his team, because he wasnt his unhuman self over games in simply stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Totally agree Dez, and I realize everyone is battling some form of pain this time of year but we have a long track record to go off of. Every shift, of every game Chara and Seidenberg are going against the other teams best while be the two most physical players ont he ice I think that takes it toll, and the last 4 games, with Kane and Toews being hot the toll was paid.

To suggest trading Chara, arguably the most important player to his team, because he wasnt his unhuman self over games in simply stupid.

Seidenberg in particular got up slow from a few hits. Chara also took some awkward spills. It's not an excuse. The Hawks played well and are well deserving. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Chara supposedly was injured but Cload didnt disclose what it was, lets not forget that Seidenberg was out for a while in the previous series or the one before that i cant remember which. i am not calling for a trade of Chara but when someone posts the question i think it's worth discussing at this point in his career given the cap reduction etc. besides its what fans do on forums like this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok then, as a practical point, after all of the players and the coaching and management have talked about how important the tightness of the room and the team chemistry has been for their success, how do you think PC asking his team CAPTAIN to waive his NMC would go over?

It'd be a lead balloon and undoubtedly hurt the team - and it's far from a guiarantee Chaqra would agree to waive it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

please stop this madness....

what needs to happen is CJ finding a way to cut back on Big Z'S ice time....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Keep Chara a Bruin for the rest of his career. He is a once in a lifetime talent at 6'9".

Instead trade Stanley and his ideas for a bag of soiled adult diapers. 

Crap for crap.........even trade.

Thanks Chow I can tell that you really like me and this makes me feel good !! God bless u 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Ok then, as a practical point, after all of the players and the coaching and management have talked about how important the tightness of the room and the team chemistry has been for their success, how do you think PC asking his team CAPTAIN to waive his NMC would go over?

It'd be a lead balloon and undoubtedly hurt the team - and it's far from a guiarantee Chaqra would agree to waive it.

I was going to say the same thing... why do people always bring up players with NTCs in these silly trade rumours... if we compiled all these great ideas these guys keep throwing around, we'd have Caron, Knight, Spooner, Krug, Bartkowski and Khudobin as a starting line up... Now if only we could bring Wheeler back for a 3rd rounder and Trent Whitfield....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

whoa whoa whoa. how can they win next year without Whitfield?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Good point red....who wants to leave such a good team....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more cups by 2020

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

Bruins - Chara = a mediocre team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to 1punchknockout's comment:

And so it begins.

Im just putting it our there. I will be happy to keep him. Just wanted to see what your thoughts are. He is getting up there in age.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ramz, he may well be the best conditioned athlete in the league. If any player could pull a Selanne impersonation, it's Chara.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

In response to xdrive's comment:

yes i do think.

Given the topic of this thread it is fair to ask that question. Thinking that arguably the best defensman in the league MIGHT get you a 1st round pick when the lazy oaf named Phil Kessel nets you TWO 1st rounders and a second? You must be off your rocker if you only think that.

Thank you it's a fair question and by no means being an idiot. Remeber back in school when you were told there is never a stupid question???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Seidenberg & Chara were both brutal in this series.  Chara's horrible pinch in leading to Toew's goal changed the whole complexion of the game.

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dumb.  I think by the time we got through the conference finals, everyone agreed that Chara should have won the Norris.  He was that good.  Unlucky series against Chicago, and yeah, some of their all world forwards beat Chara a few times while he played 30 minutes a night.  So you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater...

Chara is better, and will be better over the next 5 years, then anyone we could possibly get in the draft. 

What Chara couldn't do is cover up for Seindenberg 's mistakes..That  guy was just plain awful In this series....

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I'm calling shenanigans

"SHENANIGANS"

I thought the trolls were going march on in last night, pretty mild actually. They might still be hungover from dancing in the streets last night.

Funny the Mods on HFboards were in full force last night banning Laff, Canucklehead and Shab fans that jumped on the Bruins board over there, pretty comical.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

Everyone has a price and if the deal was there i would trade Chara.  He is 36 so has limited mileage left.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Didn't take long for this nonsense to start. Some people just have fuc*infg rocks in their heads !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chara is too much of a Bruins icon to be traded, but, like Lidstrom, who also was an icon, it could be time for chara to think of retirement while on top. It's also evident that the Bruins have three young and capable D-men who would add speed and puck movement to replace what Chara provides.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

it's reality in the new CBA world, he' s 36-37 years old making 7 mill a year. i'm not advocating it but nowadays almost nothing is off the table. it does make some sense to trade Chara for a lot now and be able to keep seguin, lucic, marchand, Krecji and others later on though. imo Bergeron is practically the captain anyway

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

please stop this madness....

what needs to happen is CJ finding a way to cut back on Big Z'S ice time....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

start by getting him off the PP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I wouldn't rule it out, for a good deal.

This season and the playoffs weren't his best -- he seemed tired, mentally and physically sometimes.  I'd still hate to give him up next year, even at 80%, but look at the Tampa Bay Rays -- they've found ways to get rid of pitchers at the top of their game and restock with younger talent.  So it can be done.

Chara is great at what he does, which is largley intimidate other teams.  But that may be fading  now that Chicago showed it can beat him.

Fact is, he's pretty slow, and I think that's a large part of why the Bs can't hardly get into the zone on PPs.  By the time he makes that first pass everyone's figured out where it's going to go, and they're ready for it.  Huge difference when Krug brings the puck up with speed.  So yeah, consider the right trade, and do take Chara off the PP -- and lessen his TOI -- next season if you don't trade him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

I think maybe we should consider trading Chara for a first round pick in this years draft. At least to try to get into the top 10 picks. I say strike while the iron is still hot!!

no way ! I say cut down his minutes next year. Very big ,strong, needs a breather now and then. They wore him out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Volumes could be written about the massive improbabilities of a "good trade" involving Chara, and a casual observer should be able to fill the first 100 pages.

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, the hockey community was raving about Chara's ability.  6 games later, some geniouses come to the conclusion he's washed up.  That's an amazing accomplishment.  Leprosy can't bring you down that quick.

Tght team defense is the Bruins trademark.  Chara is the centrepiece of that.

A Norris winner straight up is about the best one could expect isn't it?  Would anyone pull the trigger on Subban?...or Karllson?  Ether is a foolish option if anyone understands the DNA of this group, and the metrics of success.

I'd consider it strongly for both, if their combined cap hit was equal to Chara's, but it ain't, and it won't ever happen.  But if it did, there's a better than average chance it would have an overall negative effect on the teams performance.  Frst off, a whole new identity would be demanded, which would force the hand on a whole lot of other deals.

Smeone else can fill in the other 200 pages why this is a stupid concept.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Smeone else can fill in the other 200 pages why this is a stupid concept.

Sounds like a job for Bookboy!

Sections
Shortcuts