Trade Chara???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Trade Chara???

In response to bogie6's comment:

Chara is too much of a Bruins icon to be traded, but, like Lidstrom, who also was an icon, it could be time for chara to think of retirement while on top. It's also evident that the Bruins have three young and capable D-men who would add speed and puck movement to replace what Chara provides.

Even Bobby Orr has been traded...dont give that sh..t.  I wont be sad if PC doesnt trade Chara...all I am saying is right now his value is at its peak and we could get some pretty interestimg proposals for him....and lets face it ...Chara has been terrible lately on the PP ....such a hard shot but rarely uses it ...go figure....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]]

Even Bobby Orr has been traded...dont give that sh..t.  I wont be sad if PC doesnt trade Chara...all I am saying is right now his value is at its peak and we could get some pretty interestimg proposals for him....and lets face it ...Chara has been terrible lately on the PP ....such a hard shot but rarely uses it ...go figure....

Oh ?????  Maybe you can shed some light on that one too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

No way we trade him, but his minutes must be cut down. Physically, he's a freak of nature, but at this point of his career, 25-30 minutes per game is too much. His power play time will probably be cut with Hamilton and Krug getting more time. He's still a top notch shut down guy and we'd be lost without him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]]

Oh ?????  Maybe you can shed some light on that one too.

Maybe he's talking about from Parry Sound to Oshawa?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Is thread real? Trade Chara? are you drunk?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

[QUOTE]

Chara is too much of a Bruins icon to be traded, but, like Lidstrom, who also was an icon, it could be time for chara to think of retirement while on top. It's also evident that the Bruins have three young and capable D-men who would add speed and puck movement to replace what Chara provides.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Mr. GM, who would you sugest is going to replace the 30 minutes a game Chara plays ?  And by the way, Orr would not have been traded if his fraudulent agent Alan Eagleson would have told his client about the Bruins offer that was on the table.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok Mr. GM, who would you sugest is going to replace the 30 minutes a game Chara plays ?  And by the way, Orr would not have been traded if his fraudulent agent Alan Eagleson would have told his client about the Bruins offer that was on the table.

[/QUOTE]

He actually wasn't traded at all though JP. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Numbah 4 was stolen from the B'S by a couple of scumbags called eagleson & wirtz....

Mr. Orr could've been part owner of the B'S today....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Ok, so we've traded Lucic, Seguin, and all the marginal players on the Bruins for a 1st round pick and/or Rick Nash and/or Bobby Ryan at one time or another... now it's Chara's turn. Where does one even begin addressing this ridiculous notion of trading a player in the top-3 (at worst) at his position? The Bruins defence without Chara would be:

1. Seidenberg-Boychuk

2. 1st full season rookies/2nd year playoff benched Hamilton

3. McQuaid-???

Really works with the Bruins defence-first structure.

Who are these people?

Stop, stop, stop!

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Ok, so we've traded Lucic, Seguin, and all the marginal players on the Bruins for a 1st round pick and/or Rick Nash and/or Bobby Ryan at one time or another... now it's Chara's turn. Where does one even begin addressing this ridiculous notion of trading a player in the top-3 (at worst) at his position? The Bruins defence without Chara would be:

1. Seidenberg-Boychuk

2. 1st full season rookies/2nd year playoff benched Hamilton

3. McQuaid-???

Really works with the Bruins defence-first structure.

Who are these people?

Stop, stop, stop!

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

Now here's a man with an eye for logic. Good post Nutty. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bobby Orr's stats

1978-79 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 6 2 2 4 4 2 -- -- -- -- -- 1977-78 Did Not Play Ind Statistics Unavailable           1976-77 Chicago Blackhawks NHL 20 4 19 23 25   -- -- -- -- -- 1975-76 Boston Bruins NHL 10 5 13 18 22 10 -- -- -- -- -- 1974-75 Boston Bruins NHL 80 46 89 135 101   3 1 5 6 2 1973-74 Boston Bruins NHL 74 32 90 122 82   16 4 14 18 28 1972-73 Boston Bruins NHL 63 29 72 101 99   5 1 1 2 7 1971-72 Boston Bruins NHL 76 37 80 117 106   15 5 19 24 19 1970-71 Boston Bruins NHL 78 37 102 139 91   7 5 7 12 10 1969-70 Boston Bruins NHL 76 33 87 120 125   14 9 11 20 14 1968-69 Boston Bruins NHL 67 21 43 64 133   10 1 7 8 10 1967-68 Boston Bruins NHL 46 11 20 31 63   4 0 2 2 2 1966-67 Boston Bruins NHL 61 13 28 41 102   -- -- -- -- -- 1965-66 Oshawa Generals OHA 47 38 56 94 92             1964-65 Oshawa Generals OHA 56 34 59 93 0             1963-64 Oshawa Generals OHA 56 29 43 72 0             1962-63 Oshawa Generals OHA -- 6 13 19 0            

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We're well aware of his stats. What does that have to do with wheher he was traded or not?

He signed with the Hawks as a free agent!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Stupid discussion,B's build their team around their Defense and you think trading one of the best Is a good idea? Doesn't make sense! Chara does more than most players, look at his total minutes how do you not value that. Julien has said that Chara does whatever he is asked to do! Rather have him on our team than have to face him...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

Thank you it's a fair question and by no means being an idiot. Remeber back in school when you were told there is never a stupid question???

And then what would happen if the next question you asked was

"is there such a thing as a stupid question."

Let's think about this another way.  What if.

What if Chara were on another team.  And at that ripe old age of 36 he became available at the trade deadline for his current salary.  What would you say about picking him up?

I would say f****k yah!

No, he's not an offensive defenseman like all those you can name, but he brings a lot to the table.  Proven cup winner and captain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:

Stupid discussion,B's build their team around their Defense and you think trading one of the best Is a good idea? Doesn't make sense! Chara does more than most players, look at his total minutes how do you not value that. Julien has said that Chara does whatever he is asked to do! Rather have him on our team than have to face him...

Useful discussion for adding people to my ignore list.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Thanks please add me

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:

Thanks please add me

Nope.  Not until you start a thread like this one or post in favor of it.

I think you took my post in the wrong way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

I would trade Lurch before I trade Seguin. Strike when the iron is hot regarding Lurch, some yoyo will anti up a nice package that will help this team in the long run. More downside than upside with this clown. I say do it PC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:

We're well aware of his stats. What does that have to do with wheher he was traded or not?

He signed with the Hawks as a free agent!

Stanley is the greatest Bruins fan of our country. Don't question his Bruins knowledge. 

But I can't recall who they got in return.

Stanley ? Please help !