Trade Deadline: My Unrealistic Dream-Pipe Lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Trade Deadline: My Unrealistic Dream-Pipe Lineup

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

hockey is not all about statistics. watch the game. Bergeron is a better player, don't get me wrong. Given the choice between the two centers I take bergeron before you finish the sentence. However Krejci is slightly better offensively. If you watch the game, and you can't figure that out, i don't know what to say. 

Im not sure i agree.  Bergies hockey IQ is the highest on the team and has way more takeways.  

there is one player on the bruins, maybe even the northeast division that can make that backhand sauce pass to horton for the 2nd goal last night. it isn't bergeron. 

He simply tossed a puck to the front of the net that Horton cashed in with terrific eye hand coordination. I could make that pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

hockey is not all about statistics. watch the game. Bergeron is a better player, don't get me wrong. Given the choice between the two centers I take bergeron before you finish the sentence. However Krejci is slightly better offensively. If you watch the game, and you can't figure that out, i don't know what to say. 

Im not sure i agree.  Bergies hockey IQ is the highest on the team and has way more takeways.  

there is one player on the bruins, maybe even the northeast division that can make that backhand sauce pass to horton for the 2nd goal last night. it isn't bergeron. 

He simply tossed a puck to the front of the net that Horton cashed in with terrific eye hand coordination. I could make that pass.

I agree. That wasnt a gretzky pass. If it were we would see it more then once a year.  I credit dk for a sick dish.  but i dont see that happening again.   Bergie makes his wingers better.  Im not sold on dk doing that on a nightly basis.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

You can finish by saying you don't know what you're talking about. If Krejci was a better offensive performer he'd get more points. That's a fact. Your opinion that DK is better has no facts to back it up. Your eyes certainly aren't going to sway what I see when I watch. Your eyes are the same ones that spent all of last year telling us the Hawks aren't very good. Smoke and mirrors or some other nonsense. You should just stick to swapping e-mail with Stanley.

hi. ya. no. not at all. that's just not true. "if he was better offensively he would have no points." nope nope nope. Who's a better sniper? Alex Ovechkin (who is on fire right now btw) or chris kunitz? same number of goals. who's better offensively, tavares or Kunitz? Claude Giroux? Martin St. Louis? Chris Kunitz can't come close to these guys, but he plays with Sidney Crosby. Patrice Bergeron plays with who are right now, the two most offensively gifted wingers on the bruins in marchand and seguin. YOU WANT STATISTICS? THEY'RE THE TWO LEADING GOAL SCORERS ON THE BRUINS. RAHHH. NUMBERS. Krejci has been playing with two guys right now that over teh passed 20+ games have been horrendous. Absolutely terrible. The "if he was better offensively he would have more points" argument is so unbelievably wrong it's laughable. and you're one of the good ones. stop this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You can finish by saying you don't know what you're talking about. If Krejci was a better offensive performer he'd get more points. That's a fact. Your opinion that DK is better has no facts to back it up. Your eyes certainly aren't going to sway what I see when I watch. Your eyes are the same ones that spent all of last year telling us the Hawks aren't very good. Smoke and mirrors or some other nonsense. You should just stick to swapping e-mail with Stanley.

hi. ya. no. not at all. that's just not true. "if he was better offensively he would have no points." nope nope nope. Who's a better sniper? Alex Ovechkin (who is on fire right now btw) or chris kunitz? same number of goals. who's better offensively, tavares or Kunitz? Claude Giroux? Martin St. Louis? Chris Kunitz can't come close to these guys, but he plays with Sidney Crosby. Patrice Bergeron plays with who are right now, the two most offensively gifted wingers on the bruins in marchand and seguin. YOU WANT STATISTICS? THEY'RE THE TWO LEADING GOAL SCORERS ON THE BRUINS. RAHHH. NUMBERS. Krejci has been playing with two guys right now that over teh passed 20+ games have been horrendous. Absolutely terrible. The "if he was better offensively he would have more points" argument is so unbelievably wrong it's laughable. and you're one of the good ones. stop this.

You see, I'm not basing my assertion on a stretch of games from this year. I look at the careers of both players and make my decision. Bergeron spent years with whatever mish-mash of wingers they could find for him. The idea that anyone would suggest Bergeron is only ahead of Krejci due to quality of linemates is a knee-slapper. Again, it's not a big knock on Krejci to suggest he's slightly behind Bergeron in all facets of the game. It just is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Then lace up.  If you can make that pass, you might have a place on our third line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Then lace up.  If you can make that pass, you might have a place on our third line."

Yah Dez for 3rd line, start a new thread! Man I don't know if the Bs have that much Ben Gay and tape to actually get him on the ice though Drewski ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

You see, I'm not basing my assertion on a stretch of games from this year. I look at the careers of both players and make my decision. Bergeron spent years with whatever mish-mash of wingers they could find for him. The idea that anyone would suggest Bergeron is only ahead of Krejci due to quality of linemates is a knee-slapper. Again, it's not a big knock on Krejci to suggest he's slightly behind Bergeron in all facets of the game. It just is.

Nobody is saying that.  We are just saying that the best part of Krejci's game (slick passing and shooting) is better than the worst part of Bergeron's game (slick passing and shooting).  Not that Krejci is better.  When I watch the game, it appears that Krejci is slicker.  Yes Bergeron is the better all around player, but Krejci is slicker.  

This team needs more creative playmakers and scorers , not less.  Which was my original point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Then lace up.  If you can make that pass, you might have a place on our third line."

Yah Dez for 3rd line, start a new thread! Man I don't know if the Bs have that much Ben Gay and tape to actually get him on the ice though Drewski ?

haha.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Then lace up.  If you can make that pass, you might have a place on our third line.

Drew, how much hockey have you played? You must understand that there's much more to hockey than being able to skate or make and accept passes. I spent my 20's as a power skating and stickhandling instructor all over the eastern states. I worked for both Turcotte Stickandling and Dan O'Brien's Total Stickhandling. We had a number of players go on to the pro ranks. The bottom line is that Tiger Woods has a golf coach. Those who can't do will often teach others. Again, that pass was decant but absolutely nothing extraordinary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

drewski summed it up perfectly. fact of the matter is, bergeron has been given better linemates than krejci. this year, the year before, the year before, etc. etc. bergeron got the better offensive players. krejci's best asset is passing. if lucic can't hit the net, krejci's point totals will suffer. my new main argument here is saying that points is the be all end all of evaluating a players offensive abilities is arguably the stupidest thing i've read on this board that isn't from stanley. do you really believe that? or we're you just trying to make a point?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Now you're just being hurtful. Totally hilarious but hurtful nonetheless. It only hurts my insides though you magnificent basterd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In my opinion, the Bruins should be trying to get back to the team that went 9-2-2.  They should not be trying to blow up the whole team and completely revamp the core.

Therefore, Krejci should not be available.  This team is better w/ krejci than it is without.  Even if we could swap Krejci for an elite D man (Yandle), we still shouldnt do it becasue we dont need a top 4 DMAN.  I think that we can win a cup w Chara, Hamilton, Seids and Boychuck.

I dont think we can win a cup if we lose Krejci and dont replace the offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Now you're just being hurtful. Totally hilayious but hurtful nonetheless. It only hurts my insides though you magnificent basterd.

Maybe Stanley will call you after PC hires him as a fulltime assistant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Uhhhh the hawks weren't that good last year. They were okay, but kind of a one or two line attack. I thuoght they were going to be simialr this year. Ya, I was wrong. What does that have to do with this again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In my opinion, the Bruins should be trying to get back to the team that went 9-2-2.  They should not be trying to blow up the whole team and completely revamp the core.

Therefore, Krejci should not be available.  This team is better w/ krejci than it is without.  Even if we could swap Krejci for an elite D man (Yandle), we still shouldnt do it becasue we dont need a top 4 DMAN.  I think that we can win a cup w Chara, Hamilton, Seids and Boychuck.

everytime krejci is out of the lineup, the bruins have been sooooo much worse. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now you're just being hurtful. Totally hilarious but hurtful nonetheless. It only hurts my insides though you magnificent basterd.

Your kitty Kat will make you feel better. April fools Dez Rooch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I worked for both Turcotte Stickandling and Dan O'Brien's Total Stickhandling. We had a number of players go on to the pro ranks. The bottom line is that Tiger Woods has a golf coach. Those who can't do will often teach others. Again, that pass was decant but absolutely nothing extraordinary.

Drew, how much hockey have you played?

You must understand that there's much more to hockey than being able to skate or make and accept passes.

Of course I do.  My only point is that (in my opinion) Krejci is better at these specific facets of the game.

I spent my 20's as a power skating and stickhandling instructor all over the eastern states.

Thats actually very cool.  I spent my 20's as a pharmaceutical contract consultant.  Cheers.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Let me ask you this Dez:  Down by one goal, 2 minutes left in the game.  On the powerplay.

Who would you rather see at C?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

drewski summed it up perfectly. fact of the matter is, bergeron has been given better linemates than krejci. this year, the year before, the year before, etc. etc. bergeron got the better offensive players. krejci's best asset is passing. if lucic can't hit the net, krejci's point totals will suffer. my new main argument here is saying that points is the be all end all of evaluating a players offensive abilities is arguably the stupidest thing i've read on this board that isn't from stanley. do you really believe that? or we're you just trying to make a point?

The idea that Bergeron has spent his whole career benefitting from his linemates is absurd. Bergeron makes his linemates better. Feel free to tell us all what a better indicator of offensive prowess is since points isn't a suitable enough litmus test for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

everytime krejci is out of the lineup, the bruins have been sooooo much worse. 

I agree 200 proof.  Not to bring up bad memories, but this was painfully evident when we lost 4 straight to Philly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Krejci is awesome, and im sick of seeing trade offers that involve us giving him up.  That is why I commented on this thread initially.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Let me ask you this Dez:  Down by one goal, 2 minutes left in the game.  On the powerplay.

Bergeron everytime. Why do you think CJ constantly has Bergeron taking draws for Krejci? That's another offensive facet of the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The idea that Bergeron has spent his whole career benefitting from his linemates is absurd. Bergeron makes his linemates better. Feel free to tell us all what a better indicator of offensive prowess is since points isn't a suitable enough litmus test for you.

He's not saying that.  He's saying that Lucic and Horton have been very inconsistent and this may have skewed Krejci's stats.  Hey may be (and probably is) a better point producer than his stats indicate.  This conversation is about Krejci, not Bergeron.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Bergeron everytime. Why do you think CJ constantly has Bergeron taking draws for Krejci? That's another offensive facet of the game.

I admin that  "offensive" may have been too general a term.  

Sections
Shortcuts