1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Trade Deadline Recap: Final thoughts

Instead of 12 threads on Zanon....

Bs get: Zanon for Kampfer
    Rolston and Mottau for prospects

Not too shabby. Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Recap: Final thoughts

I like it for right now. I think PC is one of the shrewdest GM in the league. Lets support the new members. 

Rolston is my favorite trade out of the three. I am not sure if he has any more gas left in the tank but I like the idea of Rolston Kelly and Peverly when Horton is healthy in the play offs. 

As far as the Def. I am hoping one of these guys can fill in for Corvo and is somewhat of an upgrade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Has it been confirmed that this is it for the Bruins?  It usually takes a couple hours for all the last-minute trades to be reported.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Not too shabby at all. Because our draft picks are still with us.
    Rolston should be rested. If he trains half as hard as old man Recchi, he should be able to fill in on #3 or #2. We know he has the hands to help with points.
    Mottau is needed as we don't know what the status is for Boychuck and let's face it, nobody had the greatest of confidence in Corovo going down the final stretch before playoffs. Greg Zanon should be a good #6 or #7 fit. Good on PC for not selling the farm !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree with what Pierre McGuire just said on TSN "Zanon is a shot blocker and a Julien type guy. Rolston gives the Bruins depth with the uncertainty of Horton" Pierre also said he wan't surprised by Chairelli not doing a bigger deal as he felt some teams overpaid (Oduya!).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Good enough in my books. PC, said he didn't want to take anything off his roster as constituted, and he was true to his word.The B's have a strong enough team to challenge for the cup again. It will help greatly if Horton is back,and we'll have to wait and see about that. Peverly and Boychuk should return, no questions. The B's now have more options than just playing Corvo, and Rolston can play the point on the PP, we all know that he has a howitzer of a shot and with Z on the other point, the opposing D had better think twice about the shot block. PC did just fine.The wildcard is Horton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Garbage..............We needed secondary scoring and traded for 3 guys who are -23 combined......Hope we get healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

CapGeek
    The ate up close to $7.8m in annualized cap space with the Rolston, Mottau and Zanon acquisitions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Like I said in another thread I would have loved Rolston 3-4 years ago, but not so much today, but hey, maybe there wasnt much out there and heck, now that I think about it, he's an upgrade over Seidenberg or Ference manning the point on the power play. To me thats where he can be of the most help.

Also, Toronto getting Carter Ashton was a good move, Aulie could be good but they have the depth to make that move. I think Ashton has huge upside.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Deadline Recap: Final thoughts:
    [QUOTE]capgeek CapGeek The # Bruins ate up close to $7.8m in annualized cap space with the Rolston, Mottau and Zanon acquisitions. # TradeCentre
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    I think all are ufa's after this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Can someone help me rank our depth D, assuming Bochuck is healthy.  I am currently working under the assumption that Zanon is a top 4 type of guy, but probably not on this team.  I think Mottau is a depth guy.

These are my top 4
    Chara
    Seidenberg
    Boychuck
    Ference

This is my best shot at the rest (Requesting help here)
    Zanon
    McQuaid
    Mottau
    Corvo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Think of Zanon as a Stuart type (pretty close equivalents). That should help with understanding where he'll be slotted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Ceege - The only garbage is your post. We traded for the depth that we need. Who cares what their combined plus/minus was? It's not like the Islanders or Minnesota have many plus players to begin with.n Response to Re: Trade Deadline Recap: Final thoughts:
    [QUOTE]Garbage..............We needed secondary scoring and traded for 3 guys who are -23 combined......Hope we get healthy.
    Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Vancouver JUST got NASTY They just traded with Buffalo for NASTY 20 year old

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Think of Zanon as a Stuart type (pretty close equivalents). That should help with understanding where he'll be slotted.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

That helps a ton.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Zanon meets Julien's need for experience and stability. Decent alternative to Corvo. Rolston is on the final of a BIG $5M contract. Pay him for 3 months and see if he has anything worthwhile[ PP] left. Mottau looks again like Claude prevailed in getting experience rather than try some of the Providence "development" crew. Right now it's up to Claude to use what he has wisely.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone help me rank our depth D, assuming Bochuck is healthy.  I am currently working under the assumption that Zanon is a top 4 type of guy, but probably not on this team.  I think Mottau is a depth guy. These are my top 4 Chara Seidenberg Boychuck Ference This is my best shot at the rest (Requesting help here) Zanon McQuaid Mottau Corvo
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Exactly How I'd have it..I say Corvo is the odd-man out with Mottau seeing time if Boychuk is out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Something tells me the Bs go back to stacking the deck with D pairings eventually.

Chara-Seids
    Boychuck-Ference
    McQuaid-Zenon

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Welcome back Rollie.

Solid, smart move...giving up nada for a motivated guy with great character and attitude. No one expects crazy production but with smartly doled-out minutes, could be a nice X Factor, especially come playoff time.

Not as crazy about Mottau given his concussion injury history and -10 ratiing, but again, nothing given up.

Kampfer for Zanon? I liked kampfer but given Boychuck's ststus, Zanon makes more sense as a physical presence and left-handed shot.

Again, PC proves to be shrewd and prudent. No other elite teams landed any big names (save maybe Nashville & they still won't win the West), so the B's are in a good space.

Their playoff fortunes now depend on whether Pevs can get back 100% and whether Horton can at least get back for playoffs and continue being Mr. Clutch--which is going to be a lot tougher w/his time missed and the concussion issue.

i like the B's chances coming out of the East against almost any team except for the Rangers, and I also would be a little scared of a Flyers series, except for the fact that they still have the achilles heel in net.

PC grade: Solid B, no pun intended.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I'm satisfied.  When healthy this team is one of the best as we all know.  So I think that they just needed to add some depth.  They did that without giving up too too much. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

PC has done good. Got players who should contribute and hopefully will fill holes for not very much at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

[QUOTE]Something tells me the Bs go back to stacking the deck with D pairings eventually. Chara-Seids Boychuck-Ference McQuaid-Zenon
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Yup. In the playoffs. And your D-pairings look so good without Corvo in there

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

As long as Zanon keeps Corvo off the ice they I am happy with the deal. Decent depth moves without giving up much at all.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.