Trade deadline stretch run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Trade deadline stretch run

Only a couple+ weeks till the trade deadline and things are heating up.  Seems like teams are not waiting till the final days to make a move this season.  People are starting to move and lets hope our B's get a quality player. 

Thoughts about the Fisher deal:  he is a good player and it seems like NSH gave up quite a bit for him.  I'd say that the price for the elite players(like Richards) just went up a bit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: Trade deadline stretch run

If I were Nashville I wouldn't have given up a first rounder for that kind of a player.  A second and a third maybe but no way a first

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I didn't think the price was steep... I actually thought it was a little light? Fisher is gritty and he produces. I think Nashville got the discount because Fish wanted to be closer to his wife.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Murray can some how get Shero to take Kovalev for a conditional 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder (if Kovalev doesn't resign with Pittsburgh). Ottawa is heading in the right direction for a re-build. Ottawa has 20Mil (will be able to make a serious run at Richards) to spend this summer to build around two salaries they will never be able to dump Spezza and Gonchar.

Nashville got a perfect match they needed someone that can jump start some of the underachieving wingers (sound familiar). I think both teams got what they wanted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Good post San,

And my only addition is that this yrs draft isnt great.  Nashville will have a middle round pick.  After the top 5 its a cra p shoot.  The guy they get likely doesnt play for 2-3 yrs. 
    Fisher still has 2 yrs remaining on his deal. 

I really like Fishers overall game.