Trade Deadline Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Tracker

In response to islamorada's comment:

I cannot believe a total rebuild in Vancouver!  Kesler going?  Was Torts brought in as a corporate ax man?  Something does not smell well.  

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Now Vancouver has just over $7M to play with under the cap before the deadline.

Kesler will be gone tomorrow ...Edler too .....that is a total rebuild if you ask me...

Markstrom as NAS mentioned is "young and awful" so now you hear Mathias as player coming back..... Torts is a goner and Gillies is gone for sure by year end... Too much drama with that club this year...Hearing that Loungo's agent pressed Vancouver ownership to move Luongo ASAP.... I think he won...the Heritage Classic might have been last straw....

Think the Sedins's stay?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

My insider tells me Philly and Pit are battling it out for both Ryan Kesler and Tim Thomas.

I'd love to be the auctioneer for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice to see the Panthers get into a positive light.  Luongo will give the team some stability and allow them to focus on other things.  Since I've been in South Florida, I've seen Jose Theodore, Tim Thomas, Jakob Markstrom and Scott Clemmensen. 

Okay, goaltending is set.  Now to work on everything else.

I''m sad to see Mathias go.  He was my favorite down here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Quite a day with Luongo on move to FLA. Convinced this more related to fallout from non-start in Heritage than reason for the non-start.

Tend to think McKenzie is right. I think Sunday's game was the straw that broke the camel's back. Now what will all the Canucks fans out here do now that their scape goat has left?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to red75's comment:

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Quite a day with Luongo on move to FLA. Convinced this more related to fallout from non-start in Heritage than reason for the non-start.

Tend to think McKenzie is right. I think Sunday's game was the straw that broke the camel's back. Now what will all the Canucks fans out here do now that their scape goat has left?

it did, but finally finding someone who would take the contract helped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The wrong move was made in canuck land, torts should of been fired, he knows how to take respect away from good players, Im actually shocked at this, i sense a GM change coming before next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@MarkLazerus

RT @tsnjamesduthie: Roberto Luongo confirms he has been traded to Florida. Signing papers right now. #Tradecentre

That is terrific!

Well done San!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Think the Sedins's stay?

I think the Twins stay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

PC wont do anything now and whatever it is will be someone useless and his excuse will be the good ones got away. What a joke

Breathe, Wally.  Chiarelli will do what can be done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Nice to see the Panthers get into a positive light.  Luongo will give the team some stability and allow them to focus on other things.  Since I've been in South Florida, I've seen Jose Theodore, Tim Thomas, Jakob Markstrom and Scott Clemmensen. 

Okay, goaltending is set.  Now to work on everything else.

I''m sad to see Mathias go.  He was my favorite down here.

I like Luongo... He will be much happier in a place where he wanted to be... His family I believe never left... Hey you also get Steve Anthony ?and apparently Van is eating some salary for Luongo... All in all a great deal for Panthers... I thought they would be the most active wheeler and dealers due to recent management changes and commitment of spending to the cap... Never heard that from that organization....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So they go from having Lou and Schneider to Markstrom and Lack in less than a year. Gillis has a job why exactly?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

PC wont do anything now and whatever it is will be someone useless and his excuse will be the good ones got away. What a joke

I don't want PC to do something just because other teams are. Get the right player for the right price. If he has to stand pat, so be it, this team is good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't want PC to do something just because other teams are. Get the right player for the right price. If he has to stand pat, so be it, this team is good.

Bingo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

That was one contract I really thought was untradeable. Maybe Florida is looking at this as a way to stay above the floor of the cap, especially next year when it goes up. Gives them solid goal-tending, and a chance to win again. How are they ever going to make money unless they start winning big time, and Roberto will help them do it. I personally think he is a pretty good goalie, maybe not great, but certainly better than average. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

So they go from having Lou and Schneider to Markstrom and Lack in less than a year. Gillis has a job why exactly?

He won't for long... He is done at year end.... So is Torts too... I don't think that ownership has been to pleased with all the shenanigans the past few years.... guys on TSN radio say that he had no choice... Was told to do so....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Is Vancouver eating part of the contract? They have to be right? My guess is they keep 1/4 of it

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I like Luongo... He will be much happier in a place where he wanted to be... His family I believe never left... Hey you also get Steve Anthony ?and apparently Van is eating some salary for Luongo... All in all a great deal for Panthers... I thought they would be the most active wheeler and dealers due to recent management changes and commitment of spending to the cap... Never heard that from that organization....

They promised to spend more on talent provided Broward County reworked a laundry list of concessions.  That hasn't happened yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Tell your insider to go fawkhimeslf! I don't wanna hate Timmy, but I will if he becomes a Penquin, or a Canuck! 

There'd be a risk of a 2nd riot if TT becomes a Canuck,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm extremely happy to see Luongo get out of that BS of a soap oprea! I know he gets paid a lot of money, but NOBODY should have to be put thru that kind of abuse! I have a whole new respect for Roberto & how he handled the situation. He's shown nothing but class & professionalism thru all of it! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Is Vancouver eating part of the contract? They have to be right? My guess is they keep 1/4 of it

i read 15%

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Tell your insider to go fawkhimeslf! I don't wanna hate Timmy, but I will if he becomes a Penquin, or a Canuck! 

There'd be a risk of a 2nd riot if TT becomes a Canuck,

I don't care what they do to their city! They're a bunch of morons there. You're the exception. Just as long as they don't get Thomas! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

@FarhanLaljiTSN: So if it is Markstrom & Matthias, they plus Horvat are the return for Schneider & Luongo? That's one way to solve a goaltending controversy

God, that's pathetic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I want Gaborik. I know he has health issues, but on the Bruins, he would be like Hossa.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

@FarhanLaljiTSN: So if it is Markstrom & Matthias, they plus Horvat are the return for Schneider & Luongo? That's one way to solve a goaltending controversy

God, that's pathetic.

Wow! Talk about p!ss poor management eh Red! 

Sections
Shortcuts