Trade Deadline Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Tracker

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Has to be some salary. Would love to see that Bruin Killer in Boston.

Not with Vanek being a UFA & only willing to go to Minny. Louie has 4 yrs left at only 4.5 mill. It'll have to be prospects & picks!

Where did you see this Nite ?

It's been said since before the Olympics. He's an ex Gopher and loved Minny. His wife is from there. I heard it from Lebrun, Macquire, Dreger, Weeks, Hags and McNabb. Usually if that many people in the biz are all saying it? It's probably true.

http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/424195

However, Vanek hasn't been involved with a contender since 2007. Having a winning environment again could change his mind. The RDS article makes sense. The Islanders don't have a goalie in their system. I can see them going for it. But what line do you put Vanek on? Who sits out of the top 9? 

Kinda of odd that it would be just one team. I read today two teams were in on Vanek and Minnesota was not one of them.

I would say Smith would drop down with Soderberg. Vanek with Patrice!

No I'm talking about after July 1. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Has to be some salary. Would love to see that Bruin Killer in Boston.

Not with Vanek being a UFA & only willing to go to Minny. Louie has 4 yrs left at only 4.5 mill. It'll have to be prospects & picks!

Where did you see this Nite ?

It's been said since before the Olympics. He's an ex Gopher and loved Minny. His wife is from there. I heard it from Lebrun, Macquire, Dreger, Weeks, Hags and McNabb. Usually if that many people in the biz are all saying it? It's probably true.

http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/424195

However, Vanek hasn't been involved with a contender since 2007. Having a winning environment again could change his mind. The RDS article makes sense. The Islanders don't have a goalie in their system. I can see them going for it. But what line do you put Vanek on? Who sits out of the top 9? 

• Kinda of odd that it would be just one team. I read today two teams were in on Vanek and Minnesota was not one of them.

K, but where does that put Kelly & Eriksson? 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

K, but where does that put Kelly & Eriksson?

Money would have to go out. Boston would have the money to go after Vanek in July.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Thomas Vanek not dressing tonight? Does that mean he'll be playing naked!

LOL, good one Wheats!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

TSNBobMcKenzie: RT @phoenixcoyotes: TRADE: #CoyotesAcquire Erat and Mitchell From Washington. Read morehttp://t.co/icM2yX9XaR http://t.co/RubA3XWEss

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Games over, does anyone think the Bruins will announce a deal tonight?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

No.  The deal would have been done before game time.

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't think so Kel, PC must like TSN and doesn't want to spoil their 9 hr marathon for Trade Deadline Coverage  tomorrow :)  read that the Vanek deal could get done at midnight, so if Bruins are in on him them maybe.....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[/QUOTE]

And PC is where?  Though that Islanders were holding out for more....some of these D men are going cheap by what was being put out there by the hockey insiders...

[/QUOTE]

Are we gonna have to sit here and watch you say the same thing after every move tomorrow? Lou to Florida? C'mon PC. Where you at?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Here's the thing about Vanek.  I'm not sure I would want to re-sign him.  I don't view him as the guy I want as the right wing on Krejci's line for example.  Or in any other major role.  He's a good player, but I don't necessarily see the fit to the point that I would definitely sign him to a big deal.  I'm only interested in this year to stack the deck.  So maybe I wouldn't offer that much.  Islanders are in a tough position.  They are definitely trading him.  So maybe it won't take as much as you might think.  Maybe I'd still consider offering Subban.  But I would want to get him for less.

Huge Vanek fan here...so naturally he'll end up with the Rangers just long enough to be a royal pain in the behind come playoffs. With NYR out of the Kesler sweepstakes, Vanek makes sense.

Would love to see him with the Bruins, but a LW rental isn't really a need. Hope they spend their money some other way.

In response to asmaha's comment:

And PC is where?  Though that Islanders were holding out for more....some of these D men are going cheap by what was being put out there by the hockey insiders...

Are we gonna have to sit here and watch you say the same thing after every move tomorrow? Lou to Florida? C'mon PC. Where you at?

Just happened to like the two dmen that went today that the Bruins could get.  They went for less than what was being thrown out there ... Nothing wrong with that Bud... I would assume that PC was in those discussions and obviously didn't turn his crank and didn't make the deals.

If he does nothing tomorrow I am good with that too... Bruins are a very good team with what they have... Is it good enough to win it all? That's why they play the games....

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

Just happened to like the two dmen that went today that the Bruins could get.  They went for less than what was being thrown out there ... Nothing wrong with that Bud... I would assume that PC was in those discussions and obviously didn't turn his crank and didn't make the deals.

If he does nothing tomorrow I am good with that too... Bruins are a very good team with what they have... Is it good enough to win it all? That's why they play the games....

Cool. Fair enough. Just hope everyone keeps the meds close by. Hate to see any fans go down with a Trade Deadline injury.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The Bruins still need a defenseman regardless of all these gyrations.  

I remember going to bed this time last year, happy they had traded for Iginla...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[/QUOTE]

Boston

LTIR     Daily Tracker$0 $5,490,833

Deadline Capspace

$5,490,833

[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression, that Savard's LTIR was already accounted for, to cover Iginla's bonus money.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not sure it's not.  Gotta watch capgeek on this because they don't automatically reduce Boston's available cap by the amount necessary to cover the amount the Bruins could go over the bonus cushion.

On Luongo - Gillis is getting killed, and in many ways, rightly so.  So I'm going to throw him a bone on this one.

I don't think Gillis is the GM by the draft.  Too many mistakes, some that may yet turn in his favour, but not soon enough to save him.  Re-ups the twins and they tank this year.  Hires a coach that's a terrible fit for his existing roster.  Kesler, one of their most popular players, is alienated and wants out.  Blew the goaltending situation.  Bad drafting.  Twins will probably find their games, and one of his picks will surely make an impact at some point here.  Horvat, maybe.  And once the makeover is complete, maybe Tortorella has a team that works for him.  But Gillis?  Gonzo.  I was in Vancouver last weekend, and there was a poll in one of the papers saying he should be gone - 80%+ I think it was.

I get the sense that, knowing he was on a rail, Gillis did Luongo a solid.  When all the goofiness was going on last year, the one team you kept hearing that Luongo wanted was the Panthers - back to South Florida for all sorts of reasons including family.  And he and NAS can cruise South Beach playing real or fake.  Gillis dealt him to Florida for, all in all, nothing.  Real or fake will have to take NAS's mind off of losing Matthias, but Markstrom is close to the end of his rope as a prospect.  And Vancouver eats 15% of Luongo's salary, something they were adamant they wouldn't do.  Not much of a deal when they wanted a roster player, top prospect and a pick less than a year ago when they had another #1 calibre goalie.

I think Gillis did this for Luongo and Luongo alone.  Call it guilt, call it whatever you want, but Luongo's happier than he's been since 2011, and the Canucks are praying one of Lack or Markstrom becomes a #1 in Tortorella's system.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Columbus as a trading partner was a hot topic last evening.  Yet after reading a bit, I find it difficult to think Columbus would trade Johnson or even Gaborik.  Unless Columbus is looking at Vanek.  So me thinks PC has locked himself into staying pat. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Columbus as a trading partner was a hot topic last evening.  Yet after reading a bit, I find it difficult to think Columbus would trade Johnson or even Gaborik.  Unless Columbus is looking at Vanek.  So me thinks PC has locked himself into staying pat. 

You're right. This board is going to be very disappointed if PC does nothing, or makes a minor move for depth but I think this is the most likely scenario.

Here's how I stack the odds:

25% chance PC does zilch

50% chance he makes a minor move

20% chance he does something big

4.5% chance he pulls a HUGE deal and seriously shakes up the roster

.5% chance he ships Caron to FLA for the return of NAS to Boston

"Dale, you gotta take this Caron kid off my hands.  I'm not saying he'll be death with you, but he is with us."

"Ok, Pete...but listen.  I need you to take something back...."

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Correct Loungo is a happy man, you could see it. But he won't be after about his 5th start With the Panthers. You will see that infamous sourpuss. Word is Loungo's agent went above Gillis and directly to ownership to pressure for a trade Sunday. Meanwhile Lou Lam is laughing hard with Corey. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

"Dale, you gotta take this Caron kid off my hands.  I'm not saying he'll be death with you, but he is with us."

I'm amazed that this comment has lasted without a retort from Dez! Where are ya man?? (to herald Caron's virtues!) lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I think that's pretty much how it will go down :P

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

On Luongo - Gillis is getting killed, and in many ways, rightly so.  So I'm going to throw him a bone on this one.

I don't think Gillis is the GM by the draft.  Too many mistakes, some that may yet turn in his favour, but not soon enough to save him.  Re-ups the twins and they tank this year.  Hires a coach that's a terrible fit for his existing roster.  Kesler, one of their most popular players, is alienated and wants out.  Blew the goaltending situation.  Bad drafting.  Twins will probably find their games, and one of his picks will surely make an impact at some point here.  Horvat, maybe.  And once the makeover is complete, maybe Tortorella has a team that works for him.  But Gillis?  Gonzo.  I was in Vancouver last weekend, and there was a poll in one of the papers saying he should be gone - 80%+ I think it was.

Boy if Gillis was drowning this is like throwing him a barbell.Hate to see if you didn't want to throw him a bone! ;-P       At any rate Gillis deserves everything he gets,horrible GM,basically saddled the Nucks with bad contract after bad contract.The sun is setting on the Sedins,those alone are bad enough and lets not get into the Luongo/Schneider fiasco,what a mess that team has become.Torts is perfect for that team.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Boston

LTIR     Daily Tracker$0 $5,490,833

Deadline Capspace

$5,490,833

[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression, that Savard's LTIR was already accounted for, to cover Iginla's bonus money.

[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right.

If Jarome hits the bonus buttons (and he will) the plan was to put Savard on IR to stay compliant. However, since the cap is going up, I guess they figure with the bonus and added salary (for a deadline pick-up) it will wash out. The overage gets put onto next year's cap.

• Sections
    Shortcuts