Trade Deadline Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Tracker

Matt Moulson on the way out of Buffalo soon...

Sabres just picked up Cory Conacher on waivers from Ottawa. Where's Ben Bishop?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where's Ben Bishop?

[/QUOTE]

Face down on the ice.........diving/faking injury in Tampa Bay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

St Louis to ny for Callahan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Thomas Vanek will not be coming to Boston.

Does he know the way to San Jose?

[/QUOTE]

Didn't really think this would ever happen.A d-man was all PC wanted and i imagine thats all PC will get.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Plus a first and second. Also, apparently Tampa Bay is not planning on resigning Callahan. Straight rental.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where's Ben Bishop?

[/QUOTE]

Face down on the ice.........diving/faking injury in Tampa Bay.

[/QUOTE]

Did he really do that? No!!??!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bruinsow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Plus a first and second. Also, apparently Tampa Bay is not planning on resigning Callahan. Straight rental.

[/QUOTE]

Callahan and a 1st and a 2nd? Foolish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

The Rags have paid a steep price for Marty: Callahan, 1st and 2nd rounder...

Someone must have spiked Slats cigars.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is because Tampa Bay isn't going to resign Callahan and since St. Louis has another year on his contract they needed to sweeten the deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its the only logical explanation. I love St Louis...but Callahan, a 1st and 2nd? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ok...prediction time:

Gaborik - LA. Scoring? Yes, please.

Moulson - San Jose. The rich get richer.

Kesler - Stays with VAN. Either moved in off-season or draft once a new GM is in place ;)

Vanek - Ok. This won't happen, but this is what I want to happen....

Phillips - Boston. And here's where it gets interesting...

Kelly - Ottawa. I think Kelly is the price they'll need to pay to get Phillips as a rental and shed some salary, then the Bs go out and get a legit LW for the 3rd line.

Vanek - Boston

Subban + 2nd rounder - NYI - Isles get a nice haul for a rental.

Callahan - Tampa. Still think that Callahan-St. Louis trade will happen.

St. Louis - NYR. See above.

Ehrhoff - Colorado. Tons of cap space. Firmly in playoff spot. Need D help.

Cammalleri - Winnipeg. Funny how they think they're contenders. How cute.

Legwand - Detroit. Just seems right.

Thomas - Washington. Best goalie left on the board.

Brodeur - No move. Not really many playoff contenders that need a starter, and Thomas is more attractive I'd think at this point. MAYBE he ends up in Toronto, but the leafs need to stop with the revolving door in net and go with one guy.

Stewart - stays in Buffalo. He still has another year, so I think Buffalo moves some other peices but holding onto a physical 26 year-old RW isn't a bad idea.

Halak - stays in Buffalo. Can't be just Enroth, and i actually think they got him to be the starter next year.

Hemsky - Flyers. Someone will overpay. Might as well be Philly.

Meszaros - No move. When you're in a playoff spot and your D stinks, why on Earth would you move a guy like him when the return likely won't be good enough? They might just lose him to FA. It happens sometimes, and they can feel good about it because he'll get like $6mil offers and it's too much anyway.

Whitney - stays in Dallas

Stempniak - Ottawa

Smid - Washington

Ruutu - Minnesota

Stafford - NYR

Tlusty - re-signs in Carolina

Smyth - Florida

Visnovsky - no move

Tallinder - Colorado

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Giving picks for a guy in his late 30's? Makes no sense. NY should have gotten the picks...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Rangers handing out picks like candy. Honestly, that move hurts the Bruins in both directions. Tampa gets some nice assets, while Rangers got a bit more potent up front. Bummer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Wow St. Louis really did want out of Tampa. Good deal for both NYR and tamPa

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On Luongo - Gillis is getting killed, and in many ways, rightly so.  So I'm going to throw him a bone on this one.

I don't think Gillis is the GM by the draft.  Too many mistakes, some that may yet turn in his favour, but not soon enough to save him.  Re-ups the twins and they tank this year.  Hires a coach that's a terrible fit for his existing roster.  Kesler, one of their most popular players, is alienated and wants out.  Blew the goaltending situation.  Bad drafting.  Twins will probably find their games, and one of his picks will surely make an impact at some point here.  Horvat, maybe.  And once the makeover is complete, maybe Tortorella has a team that works for him.  But Gillis?  Gonzo.  I was in Vancouver last weekend, and there was a poll in one of the papers saying he should be gone - 80%+ I think it was.

[/QUOTE]

Boy if Gillis was drowning this is like throwing him a barbell.Hate to see if you didn't want to throw him a bone! ;-P       At any rate Gillis deserves everything he gets,horrible GM,basically saddled the Nucks with bad contract after bad contract.The sun is setting on the Sedins,those alone are bad enough and lets not get into the Luongo/Schneider fiasco,what a mess that team has become.Torts is perfect for that team.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I didn't mention the disaster that is David Booth or the waste of resources that was bringing in Derek Roy for the playoffs last year, or getting romanced by Jason Garrison (and what is it with Vancouver and Florida? goes all the way back to Bure for Jovanovski if not earlier) or failing to address needs for years.  Or the embarrassment of having a team with both Alex Burrows and Max Lapierre that became so known for diving and baiting it was an object of contempt far and wide.  He has to eat those things along with the moves I mentioned.  I simply wanted to mention that, in the moment when he's at the nadir of a GM's tenure, he decided to do something right for the guy who has been most publicly humiliated by Gillis's incompetence.

If it turns out it was ownership, then I take it back. Gillis couldn't even do this right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rangers handing out picks like candy. Honestly, that move hurts the Bruins in both directions. Tampa gets some nice assets, while Rangers got a bit more potent up front. Bummer.

[/QUOTE]

Rangers get a pick back if Callahan signs with Tampa.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:[QUOTE]

Someone must have spiked Slats cigars. [/QUOTE]

No reason for that, he and Harry keep each other in plenty of Glenfiddich.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There is speculation that Yzerman might spin Callahan for more picks.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

How funny would it be if Vinny got traded to the Rangers? Then the Big 3 from Tampa would be in NY.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On Luongo - Gillis is getting killed, and in many ways, rightly so.  So I'm going to throw him a bone on this one.

I don't think Gillis is the GM by the draft.  Too many mistakes, some that may yet turn in his favour, but not soon enough to save him.  Re-ups the twins and they tank this year.  Hires a coach that's a terrible fit for his existing roster.  Kesler, one of their most popular players, is alienated and wants out.  Blew the goaltending situation.  Bad drafting.  Twins will probably find their games, and one of his picks will surely make an impact at some point here.  Horvat, maybe.  And once the makeover is complete, maybe Tortorella has a team that works for him.  But Gillis?  Gonzo.  I was in Vancouver last weekend, and there was a poll in one of the papers saying he should be gone - 80%+ I think it was.

[/QUOTE]

Boy if Gillis was drowning this is like throwing him a barbell.Hate to see if you didn't want to throw him a bone! ;-P       At any rate Gillis deserves everything he gets,horrible GM,basically saddled the Nucks with bad contract after bad contract.The sun is setting on the Sedins,those alone are bad enough and lets not get into the Luongo/Schneider fiasco,what a mess that team has become.Torts is perfect for that team.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I didn't mention the disaster that is David Booth or the waste of resources that was bringing in Derek Roy for the playoffs last year, or getting romanced by Jason Garrison (and what is it with Vancouver and Florida? goes all the way back to Bure for Jovanovski if not earlier) or failing to address needs for years.  Or the embarrassment of having a team with both Alex Burrows and Max Lapierre that became so known for diving and baiting it was an object of contempt far and wide.  He has to eat those things along with the moves I mentioned.  I simply wanted to mention that, in the moment when he's at the nadir of a GM's tenure, he decided to do something right for the guy who has been most publicly humiliated by Gillis's incompetence.

If it turns out it was ownership, then I take it back. Gillis couldn't even do this right.

[/QUOTE]
    Book I couldn't agree more gillis is so over rated as a gm. He is sloWely but surely making this team worse with every move. the hiring of torts the with the make up of his current collection of talent on the Van roster is hilerious and the true straw to break the camels back will dealing a talent like Kesler!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Tampa has just become the greater threat to the Bruins in the East.

Stamkos and Callahan will cancel out Krejci and Bergeron. Soderberg will be the difference.

They are on a collision course.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

"More details: the 2nd-rounder in 2014 to Tampa becomes a 1st if NYR gets to conf final; if Callahan re-signs in TB. Then NYR get TB 2nd in 2015 and TB gets Rangers 7th in 2015."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

I'm also really curious how St. Louis is treated the first time he comes back to Tampa. Do they still cheer him despite him demanding a trade away from Tampa?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

A 7th? that's real valuable....

Sections
Shortcuts