Trade Deadline Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Tracker

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

A 7th? that's real valuable....

You never know... every once in a while there's an Enstrom, Byfuglien, Elliot or even a Datsyuk still lurking around then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

The Rags have paid a steep price for Marty: Callahan, 1st and 2nd rounder...

Someone must have spiked Slats cigars.

They traded a defensive forward for last year's scoring champion.  Seems reasonable to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Sitting here watching TSN and the moves made last night and today, and I'm starting to think that Chiarelli's reluctance to "go big" on trade deadline's (moving roster players) has a lot to do with not wanting to mess with chemistry rather than the cost required. He alluded to that a little on the BostonBruinsTV interview.

Good? Bad?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Sitting here watching TSN and the moves made last night and today, and I'm starting to think that Chiarelli's reluctance to "go big" on trade deadline's (moving roster players) has a lot to do with not wanting to mess with chemistry rather than the cost required. He alluded to that a little on the BostonBruinsTV interview.

Good? Bad?

Since the Bruins have won a Cup and been to the finals again, I would say it has been a good strategy so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good? Bad?

He also could be a student of history and be aware that it's a very, very rare occasion that a trade deadline big one is the route to the parade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Good? Bad?

Excellent.

Apparently, they are in the running for Christian Ehrhoff with the Wings.

A German to replace a German - hopefully it works out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

or, they traded their captain with picks for a guy with 1 or 2 years left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Good? Bad?

He also could be a student of history and be aware that it's a very, very rare occasion that a trade deadline big one is the route to the parade.

Im on the fence. I can see how he might be reluctant to make a big splash for chemistry AND/OR cost reasons, but I hope it has more to do with that than having "binkies" he over-values standing in the way to legitimate upgrades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Bruins claim Cory Potter on waivers.

Who the hell is he?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who the hell is he?

He was waived by the Edmonton Oilers...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Who the hell is he?

Harry's brother,has no magic though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Who the hell is he?

Its before my time, but, does he happen to be a Colonel?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

Chris Phillips just signed a 2 yr deal to stay with Ottawa per Lebrun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

James Duthie and Brian Burke need to do a sitcom.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Good? Bad?

Nas what's the best example of the team that managed to win the cup that made a big slash via the trade deadline? I can't think of a real big one maybe Jeff carter for jack johnsson the year LA won , but I forget what time of the year LA and Columbus made the move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@Real_ESPNLeBrun Chris Phillips and OTT have agreed to 2 year contract at $2.5M per year. #Tradecentre "

Rejoice Book!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

NYR - it's called the King Henrik effect there, just as it's called the Chara effect here.  That 1st and 2nd won't be much help until Lunqvist is 33 or so.  He's played a ton of games, faced a lot of rubber, and doens't look like the best in the game any more if you ask me.  One of...but not at the top of the list.  I think Sather looks at this and thinks another year or two of St. Louis, paired with Richards and Nash, and he might have lightning in a bottle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Watching TSN and Burke yell at each other. Man, how nice it is to have competent, reasonable people heading up our favorite team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bruinsow's comment:

Chris Phillips just signed a 2 yr deal to stay with Ottawa per Lebrun.

Great!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Who the hell is he?

Edmonton Corey Potter RHD | 6'3", 206 lbs. Age 30 on Pace for 11pts TOI 13:47 S:35 PTSPG .31
    2013 scouting report:
    Assets:     Moves the puck well from the back end and is mobile. Also has NHL size for a defenseman, as well as late-blooming overall ability. Can dominate the game at lower levels.
    Flaws:     Doesn't display enough game-to-game consistency in the NHL. Makes mistakes with and without the puck. Must also avoid taking bad penalties that really hurt his team.
    Career Potential:     Puck-moving depth defenseman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Phillips re-signed so there goes my master theory of the Kelly-Phillips-Subban-Vanek blockbuster! Can't win them all...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:

Who the hell is he?

Edmonton Corey Potter RHD | 6'3", 206 lbs. Age 30 on Pace for 11pts TOI 13:47 S:35 PTSPG .31
    2013 scouting report:
    Assets:     Moves the puck well from the back end and is mobile. Also has NHL size for a defenseman, as well as late-blooming overall ability. Can dominate the game at lower levels.
    Flaws:     Doesn't display enough game-to-game consistency in the NHL. Makes mistakes with and without the puck. Must also avoid taking bad penalties that really hurt his team.

Providence material? This fits perfectly with my Trotman and Caron and a 3rd for Jack Johnson trade thread I never got around to making.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

"Flaws:     Doesn't display enough game-to-game consistency in the NHL. Makes mistakes with and without the puck. Must also avoid taking bad penalties that really hurt his team."

Um, so yes, those seem like flaws.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:

Who the hell is he?

2013 scouting report:

Read: Aaron Johnson/Shane Hnidy signing at best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

Good? Bad?

Nas what's the best example of the team that managed to win the cup that made a big slash via the trade deadline? I can't think of a real big one maybe Jeff carter for jack johnsson the year LA won , but I forget what time of the year LA and Columbus made the move.

NYI's acquire Butch Goring from the LA Kings for Billy Harris & Dave Lewis at the 1980 trade deadline and go on to win 4 Stanley Cups.

Sections
Shortcuts