Trade Deadline Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Trade Deadline Tracker

Reading up on comments from NHL insiders and GM's in the last week , it looks and sounds that there will be lots of activity between now and Wednesday... We will see, and I am sure many interesting comments to follow from fellow posters on who wins and who loses these trades...

Who will be that team that pays the price that increases their chances at the Cup?  St. Louis has drawn first blood.... Will Chiarelli pull the trigger and upgrade on D to get the Bruins the help they need for deep Cup run?  Will he stand pat? Pittsburgh you know will do something as they always do....

Buffalo looks to be the biggest seller and dumping players for future draft picks and so far dealing the biggest names in Miller and Ott to St Louis for Halak, Stewart and picks to start the trading frenzy.... Halak and Stewart rumoured not long for Buffalo either...more to come I am sure..

With names like Vanek, Moulson, Ward, Brodeur, Callahan , Kesler being thrown around we could see big names changing sweaters....

This one coming out of Pittsburgh yesterday on the Penguins going after Kesler....

Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a proposed deal between the Pens and Canucks that he credited to multiple sources.

“A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange forBrandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks' choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,” Rossi wrote on Saturday.

From my point of view, Canucks would be out of their minds doing this deal? But stranger things do happen... I didn't think Kesler would be moved , but if this chatter is going on then the Canucks  seem to be motivated to move him...If Pittsburgh were to land Kesler that would be a major coup for them and slot him as the #2 centre behind Crosby.....

Interesting days ahead and always a fun time of year.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Trade Deadline Tracker

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Reading up on comments from NHL insiders and GM's in the last week , it looks and sounds that there will be lots of activity between now and Wednesday... We will see, and I am sure many interesting comments to follow from fellow posters on who wins and who loses these trades...

Who will be that team that pays the price that increases their chances at the Cup?  St. Louis has drawn first blood.... Will Chiarelli pull the trigger and upgrade on D to get the Bruins the help they need for deep Cup run?  Will he stand pat? Pittsburgh you know will do something as they always do....

Buffalo looks to be the biggest seller and dumping players for future draft picks and so far dealing the biggest names in Miller and Ott to St Louis for Halak, Stewart and picks to start the trading frenzy.... Halak and Stewart rumoured not long for Buffalo either...more to come I am sure..

With names like Vanek, Moulson, Ward, Brodeur, Callahan , Kesler being thrown around we could see big names changing sweaters....

This one coming out of Pittsburgh yesterday on the Penguins going after Kesler....

Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported a proposed deal between the Pens and Canucks that he credited to multiple sources.

“A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange forBrandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks' choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,” Rossi wrote on Saturday.

From my point of view, Canucks would be out of their minds doing this deal? But stranger things do happen... I didn't think Kesler would be moved , but if this chatter is going on then the Canucks  seem to be motivated to move him...If Pittsburgh were to land Kesler that would be a major coup for them and slot him as the #2 centre behind Crosby.....

Interesting days ahead and always a fun time of year.....

It is a pretty bad deal.  But with keslers injury history and zero stock in young players they could be outta their minds throwing those picks.   Van could be in sell mode.  Looks like the habs are kicking kelsers tires as well.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I wouldn't put this past Shero, he always goes "all in."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I love that he is fearless.  I think kesler is a great player.  if he stays healthy i think its a great deal.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I love that he is fearless.  I think kesler is a great player.  if he stays healthy i think its a great deal.  

I would demand a better player than Sutter... The two picks aren't going to land you top prospect ... crapshoot at best.... Despres? Doesn't turn my crank either...Vancouver needs toughness on back end so maybe you demand Engelland .. Is Pouliot a better prospect than Despres?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Why is it Pittsburgh always wants forwards ... and every year. Are not Crosby and Malkin enough. With Paul Martin's recent surgery on one of his hands combined with Letang's stroke problems, it seems that team should be trading for defense if anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Why is it Pittsburgh always wants forwards ... and every year. Isn't Crosby and Malkin enough. With Paul Martin's recent surgery on one of his hands combined with Letang's stroke problems, it seems they should be trading for defense if anything.

I agree , but players like Kesler don't come along very often...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I would demand a better player than Sutter... The two picks aren't going to land you top prospect ... crapshoot at best.... Despres? Doesn't turn my crank either...Vancouver needs toughness on back end so maybe you demand Engelland .. Is Pouliot a better prospect than Despres?  

Pouliot is their best prospect.  Engelland would be a throw in.   Hes not a good nhl dman.  They would be better off asking for orpik.   

Sutter isnt a bad little player but hes no kelser.   A 1st and a 2nd plus Sutter plus despres plus cap space plus getting rid of a guy that doesnt wanna be there.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think they will get better than this :)     1 hour ago DarrenDreger: RT @GeorgeRichards#FlaPanthers make a minor deal, acquire RW Mark Mancari from #stlBlues for LW Eric Selleck.   i

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The Florida Panthers have acquired forward Brandon Pirri from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a third round pick in 2014 and a fifth round pick in 2016.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Florida Panthers have acquired forward Brandon Pirri from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a third round pick in 2014 and a fifth round pick in 2016.

I'm pretty happy about this one.  Pirri could be a good player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree with you on this... Wonder who Chicago is making room for?  looks like Tallon is churning up the trade market... Heard the other day that he was looking to resign Boyes... Why? He could get some decent draft picks for him in a trade....Also do you think he is dumping Thomas to a contender?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree with you on this... Wonder who Chicago is making room for?  looks like Tallon is churning up the trade market... Heard the other day that he was looking to resign Boyes... Why? He could get some decent draft picks for him in a trade....Also do you think he is dumping Thomas to a contender?

Pirri asked for a trade.  How's that for an FU back from the Chicago office?  Oh, you want a trade?  Go enjoy playing for the Panthers, kid.

Tallon traded a joke for a joke earlier  Selleck is a complete bum.  Boyes is playing well enough to get another year here.  It's not like they'll find another guy like him easily.  Sure, the draft picks would be nice, but they have to have a few guys who can play.

I think they'll talk to Thomas and see if he wants to stay on for another year.  If he's had enough of the shooting gallery, I expect him to be moved.  Should that happen, the Panthers will have to get another vet for next year.  Clemmensen is old and awful and Markstrom is young and awful. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think he just needs a chance to get some regular shifts. This is a terrific move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Looks like another "BIG" name is being shopped around.....Jason Spezza...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445134

Glad to see Callahan drop his price down today... Never was going to see $7M per....Looks like he will be staying with the Rags...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Christian Erhoff coveted by Red Wings. He should be a target of the Bs as well. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Why is it Pittsburgh always wants forwards ... and every year. Isn't Crosby and Malkin enough. With Paul Martin's recent surgery on one of his hands combined with Letang's stroke problems, it seems they should be trading for defense if anything.

I agree , but players like Kesler don't come along very often...

The league is full of diving, whining pansies! I'm so g-l-a-d the Bruins aren't even in the running for this P.O.S!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Pirri asked for a trade.  How's that for an FU back from the Chicago office?  Oh, you want a trade?  Go enjoy playing for the Panthers, kid.

Tallon traded a joke for a joke earlier  Selleck is a complete bum.  Boyes is playing well enough to get another year here.  It's not like they'll find another guy like him easily.  Sure, the draft picks would be nice, but they have to have a few guys who can play.

I think they'll talk to Thomas and see if he wants to stay on for another year.  If he's had enough of the shooting gallery, I expect him to be moved.  Should that happen, the Panthers will have to get another vet for next year.  Clemmensen is old and awful and Markstrom is young and awful. 

I heard on satellite today that Shero has talked to Tallon about him. I'm literally praying that Timmy doesn't go to the Pens. I don't wanna have to hate the guy!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

The league is full of diving, whining pansies! I'm so gald the Bruins aren't even in the running for this P.O.S!

I secong this thought wholeheartedly!! Keep "Cryin" Ryan as far away from Boston as possible.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Whatever gald means i'm still 100% behind Nites statement!

Unless you meant i'm so galled that B's fans would even consider "Cryin" Ryan.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

There! I fixed it..You can g-l-a-d-l-y take a "fawkoff pill" & call me in the morning! Tongue Out

There! I fixed it..You can g-l-a-d-l-y take a "fawkoff pill" & call me in the morning! Tongue Out

I am so GLAD you fixed it Nite,will sleep well tonight after i take my "fawkoff pill",they always knock me out!Wink

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The league is full of diving, whining pansies! I'm so gald the Bruins aren't even in the running for this P.O.S!

I secong this thought wholeheartedly!! Keep "Cryin" Ryan as far away from Boston as possible.

He wouldn't fit here anyway... He is not a 3rd line centre... Which is what he would be here....Not a fit....

He's a very good player , if you remove your hate for his antics sometimes... He's not the worst...Have you seen Crosby lately? Guess you wouldn't want him on theBruins either:)

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

He wouldn't fit here anyway... He is not a 3rd line centre... Which is what he would be here....Not a fit....

He's a very good player , if you remove your hate for his antics sometimes... He's not the worst...Have you seen Crosby lately? Guess you wouldn't want him on theBruins either:)

Crosby's the best player on the planet. I can see past the blemishes for him to be on my team. Kesler is supposed to be a big, strong, boy. He used to play like one. But, he's not the same anymore & I can't stand this new, older version.

•  
    Sections
    Shortcuts