Trade DK for Yandle And Sign Callahan........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Trade DK for Yandle And Sign Callahan........

DK for Yandle would be a wash cap-wise (both are 5.25 cap hit) and signing Callahan (Bruins fans would love him) would replace the missing forward. This would make it imperative that Spooner is ready for 3rd line duties at center but I think it could work. Any thoughts?

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Trade DK for Yandle And Sign Callahan........

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

DK for Yandle would be a wash cap-wise (both are 5.25 cap hit) and signing Callahan (Bruins fans would love him) would replace the missing forward. This would make it imperative that Spooner is ready for 3rd line duties at center but I think it could work. Any thoughts?

-Gerry Dee

Callahan is going to be one of the most over paid free agent signings in nhl history

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I haven't seen enough of Yandle, but the Team USA feedback sounded like he was pretty brutal defensively.  That won't jive well with the system.  With Hamilton & Krug, think they have what they need for back-end offense to move forward.

I do like the idea of adding Callahan.  His game would be a good fit for the team.  Maybe even in place of Iginla.  He will likely be too rich for them.

What to do with Spooner?  Even Koko for that matter?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

When Glen Sather thinks someone is asking for too much money, everyone else shouldn't even bother picking up the phone, when his Agent calls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:

When Glen Sather thinks someone is asking for too much money, everyone else shouldn't even bother picking up the phone, when his Agent calls.

Glen Sather usually spends his summers trying to fix the mistakes he's already made and then goes about making new ones. Clearly, this could only work if Callahan signed a reasonable deal. I'm not suggesting PC sign him at all costs, just pointing out a free agent winger who would be a fine Bruin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I haven't seen enough of Yandle, but the Team USA feedback sounded like he was pretty brutal defensively.  That won't jive well with the system.  With Hamilton & Krug, think they have what they need for back-end offense to move forward.

I do like the idea of adding Callahan.  His game would be a good fit for the team.  Maybe even in place of Iginla.  He will likely be too rich for them.

What to do with Spooner?  Even Koko for that matter?

I agree he's not a super defender at the moment but perhaps a new system (and playing with Zee) could do him wonders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Clearly, this could only work if Callahan signed a reasonable deal. I'm not suggesting PC sign him at all costs, just pointing out a free agent winger who would be a fine Bruin.

I think for the right price Callahan would look real good in a B's jersey but unfortunately he won't sign for the right price,some team will overpay.It's Callahan's right to go for the big money,as long as the Bruins aren't paying it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez.  I like Cally but who replaces DK up the middle.   Im assuming Iggy is out in this scenario.  

Id rather get giordano.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Dez.  I like Cally but who replaces DK up the middle.   Im assuming Iggy is out in this scenario.  

Id rather get giordano.    

Soder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Id rather get giordano.    

As I stated Shupe, Spooner would need to be ready to center the 3rd line with Bergeron and Soderberg moving up. It's just a pipe dream though because most posters are right. Callahan is unlikely to sign anywhere cheap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Id rather get giordano.    

As I stated Shupe, Spooner would need to be ready to center the 3rd line with Bergeron and Soderberg moving up. It's just a pipe dream though because most posters are right. Callahan is unlikely to sign anywhere cheap.

Yeah i see him signing in buffalo who have a load of cap space.  Im not sure i trust Soder being a top 2 center either.  

Should be a fun summer. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like Callahan, but I think he's going to get top 6 forward pay and he doesn't produce top 6 forward numbers. he does a lot of the little things, excellent hard nosed two way forward, but for the space on the B's salary cap they need production.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Hamilton will be mentioned in the same breath as Yandle in a few years. I'm more concerned with what PC do in tw years with the Bruins #1 D spot, Yandle can't replace that. He's more like Mcdonagh. I like the Bruins D where it is at.

I don't know if Soderberg can replace Krejci's offense in the playoffs and that is what you need to discuss if you trade #46. Bergeron can not replace Krejci.

Unfortunetly because of Burke, Yandle and Ryan are part of US hockey joke now. Along with moron Shero's lobbying and Poile's inept ability to take control of the meetings.

Yandle is a real good but I think Hamilton's upside is better. Wingers for Soderberg and Krejci are paramount. Bruins are set at D and goalie until Chara really starts to slow down.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd be happy with Callahan on the third line getting paid like a third liner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'd be happy with Callahan on the third line getting paid like a third liner.

That's how I was looking at it. Well, dreaming about it I mean.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

We just finished watching the Kings win the cup with Kopitar , Carter , Stoll and Richards playing at center. 

Soderberg has just come off a good year to solidify the 3rd line center spot behind Krejci and Bergeron. A very good top 3 as far as centers around the NHL. Campbell is a useful 4th line center.

I don't like the idea of weakening a strong part of the team ( center ) just to acquire another defenceman and just to find a spot for someone who is not as good as Krejci ( Spooner ). 

Center is such an important position in the Bruins system. Unless Krejci was traded for another quality center I don't like the idea of trading him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

We just finished watching the Kings win the cup with Kopitar , Carter , Stoll and Richards playing at center. 

Soderberg has just come off a good year to solidify the 3rd line center spot behind Krejci and Bergeron. A very good top 3 as far as centers around the NHL. Campbell is a useful 4th line center.

I don't like the idea of weakening a strong part of the team ( center ) just to acquire another defenceman and just to find a spot for someone who is not as good as Krejci ( Spooner ). 

Center is such an important position in the Bruins system. Unless Krejci was traded for another quality center I don't like the idea of trading him.

I agree with your point. I think Spooner's development would be crucial to the equation. Soderberg is still awful at face offs so that doesn't help out either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I completely agree with this. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

-Gerry Dee

Bruins fans love Dave Krejci

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

-Gerry Dee

Agreed.  While no one is untradeable, DK, Lucic and Chara are the face of the team.  Move any one of those 3 and you're talking major overhaul.  I don't think PC is ready for that yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to chipnchase's comment:

Agreed.  While no one is untradeable, DK, Lucic and Chara are the face of the team.  Move any one of those 3 and you're talking major overhaul.  I don't think PC is ready for that yet.

I'm not saying Krejci's going anywhere, but I'd put Bergeron ahead of him on your list.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I'm not saying Krejci's going anywhere, but I'd put Bergeron ahead of him on your list.

No doubt.  I'm glad Bergy's name never comes up in trade talks.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

-Gerry Dee

I'd put Bergeron ahead of Krejci, maybe Lucic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I know Soderbergs best games were played at center, but with his board play,size,talent, being on the wing should eventually work out, giving the B,s a chance to bring in some cheaper talented centers. (KoKo or Spooner) I would love to see Bergeron centering Soderberg-Eriksson, maybe Spooner with Lucic- ? (iggy) Leaving Krecji with Marchand-Smith. Most of all I would like to see a change in lines occur during the Reg. season not same lines from start to finish. Granted trading Krecji could bring a Yandle but the hole left on the forward lines would not be worth it. Now Marchand, Kelly, Bartkowski for Dubinsky & Jack Johnson im all in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

I know Soderbergs best games were played at center, but with his board play,size,talent, being on the wing should eventually work out, giving the B,s a chance to bring in some cheaper talented centers. (KoKo or Spooner) I would love to see Bergeron centering Soderberg-Eriksson, maybe Spooner with Lucic- ? (iggy) Leaving Krecji with Marchand-Smith. Most of all I would like to see a change in lines occur during the Reg. season not same lines from start to finish. Granted trading Krecji could bring a Yandle but the hole left on the forward lines would not be worth it. Now Marchand, Kelly, Bartkowski for Dubinsky & Jack Johnson im all in.

I've seen you mention changing the lines during the regular season before.  CJ isn't a coach who likes to change lines too often.  He finds combinations that work and sticks with them.  Once he found the right combinations this season (Smith on the second line, Soderberg centering Eriksson and Kelly on the third), he had no reasons to change them.  They went on an incredible run and won the President's Trophy.  He's not going to change lines just for the sake of changing them.

Sections
Shortcuts