Trade for Hejduk and Forsberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Trade for Hejduk and Forsberg

Avalanche are desperate right now to go on a winning streak and inch into a playoff spot. 

Even with Forsberg back i doubt they will sneak their way in since 1) they have really inconsistant goaltending 2) Defense is young and on the soft side

If the Avalanche know in a week or two making the playoffs will be out of reach, PC should try hard to try to pry off Hejduk and Forsberg. Its like trying to pry off Alfredson from Ottawa but with enough incentives and for the future of their team it could be done.

We offter: Our 1st round pick, 2 2nd round pick, Stuart, Boychuk, Wheeler

Receive : Hejduk and Forsberg

Instantly three things will happen. We have a dangerous consistant scoring team, more stanley cup winners presence, and our PP scoring increase two folds with Forsberg(Even at 37)

If i was the Avalanche gm and received such offer above, i would be tempted to make the trade, especially since they are out of the playoffs picture and these guys are just signed to one year deals. But also these guys have been with the team all or most of their careers, they could provide valude leadership, examples and trainning for the rest of the young team. (alfredson situation)

New lineup with these guys

Horton Krejci Lucic
    Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Hejduk Forsberg Ryder/Seguin
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Try trading Ryder and prospects for a D who can skate and/or has some offensive skills

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Trade for Hejduk and Forsberg

I don't think PC is going to trade 3 picks plus players for 3rd line help..I'd guess that Forsberg has at least a handshake deal that he can't be dealt.
    Also, If the b's do aquire a winger I'd like to see recchi down on the fourth line and removed from the point on the power play.I don't think he belongs on the top 2 lines anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Darn it, I lost my lol tracker. 

This was worth one 'ha ha ha'.

Glad I wasn't at work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

I said to my friend before the season, if Rex is on the first or second line, this team will have problems. Don't get me wrong, I love Rex and his timely goals and competitiveness and leadership, but him on the second line/ power play point, means someone else is not stepping up - Ryder and Wheeler. 

The difference between the Bruins being a good team, and a great team, are the contributions of Wheeler and Ryder, or lack thereof. To me, Wheeler needs to go, he didn't show me anything against Montreal, and guess what, it's only going to get more physical down the stretch and in the playoffs, this guy does not step up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Forsberg also had a no trade clause of somekind with the Flyers but still got traded. 

If the team does not make the playoffs, the GM is asking for you to waive your clauses , you want to win another cup while you still can and you love your team/city(sacrifice), its going to be really hard for anybody to say no , i'm staying

our 1st round pick is going to be in the 20's and two second round picks are tempting not to trade, but we are talking about Hejduk and Forsberg. I saw avalanche highlight yesterday. Forsberg maybe still a rusty but the guy's play hasn't changed one bit. As gifted as a player as they come and still probably has two to three more years until a serious declince to his game.

I've all but given up on the idea to trade for Richards. I think he has a nmc or ntc also , plus stars are in the thick of things .

There are no other players like Richards who are going to be FA next season that we can trade for. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

come on yaz !!!  this is completely ridculous. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Tell me why then. The package i mentioned above is going to be the type of package it will take to try to pry of these guys

Or do you feel Forsberg and Hejduk won't be that much of an addition to the team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

another brilliant thought that will never happen, thanks for that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I will second that nomination Pbergeron that is insane. I am starting to like making comments on trade talks it is quite interesting and fun seeing it from the other side. But I am only retiring from trade talk until the summer when the FA list is put on paper.Foot in mouth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Hejduk and Forsberg:
    [QUOTE]Tell me why then. The package i mentioned above is going to be the type of package it will take to try to pry of these guys Or do you feel Forsberg and Hejduk won't be that much of an addition to the team
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I don't see them putting the Bruins over the top. Basically at this stage Forsberg is a 37 year old project as nobody knows whether he is even capable of really playing at the NHL level again on a consistent basis especially this time of year. As for Hejduk he is 34 years old with 17 goals. He could be a nice pick up especially with his experience but I don't think I would give up alot to get him as his best years are behind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yaz,  I don't have to tell you why, everyone else here is telling you.
    Forsberg might not even last 5 games and he does playoff hockey will finish him.
    Hejduk is not worth any 1st round pick  , if talking trades for these two it should not even be put into the equation. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hejduk has 45 points on a so so team. 

Forsberg is not finished. The guy needs a few games under his belt. He wouldn't provide as big of an impact that Richards would, but i rather have Forsberg than guys like Penner for the playoffs. 

My offer certainly looks generous. But Avs will not trade these guys for nothing. A combo of Stuart, Boychuk and wheeler alone won't do it. Got to throw in a pick or two 

I hope PC keeps his word and upgrades this team to the level that the embarressment of last nights game is never felt again. Guys like Penner, Fisher while very good players are the type of players we have too many of right now. We need "special" talents

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JLEO25. Show JLEO25's posts

[QUOTE]Yaz,  I don't have to tell you why, everyone else here is telling you. Forsberg might not even last 5 games and he does playoff hockey will finish him. Hejduk is not worth any 1st round pick  , if talking trades for these two it should not eve be put into the equation. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]  My offer certainly looks generous. But Avs will not trade these guys for nothing.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

By "nothing", do you mean "any reason"?

Forsberg just came back to play with Colorado.  He's not going anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Even if Forsberg can't be included in a trade , the Bruins should try to pry Hejduk off the avs. Maybe even try for Michael-Liles

Hejduk and Michael-Liles for our 1st round pick , 2nd round pick , Stuart and Wheeler

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

There should be a filter for proposals as dumb as trading for Forsberg.   There are a dozen reasons why this will not and should not happen or even be discussed. 

Sheesh, the guy has been away from the game for 3 years, has been very injury prone, and has only played one game yet.   I give him only about 60% chance of finishing the season.   Forsberg is not a player we want to bring in for what is hopefully 4 hard fought playoff series!

Seriously, is there a single player in the league that someone hasn't tried to propose the Bruins pick up at one point or another?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]There should be a filter for proposals as dumb as trading for Forsberg.   There are a dozen reasons why this will not and should not happen or even be discussed.  Sheesh, the guy has been away from the game for 3 years, has been very injury prone, and has only played one game yet.   I give him only about 60% chance of finishing the season.   Forsberg is not a player we want to bring in for what is hopefully 4 hard fought playoff series! Seriously, is there a single player in the league that someone hasn't tried to propose the Bruins pick up at one point or another
    Posted by Homebrew76[/QUOTE]

Thank you Homebrew. This time of year always brings out the sillyness. Wait long enough and I'm sure one of our resident geniuses will suggest the Bruins trade for Crosby.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Yaz, Hejduk & Forsberg are both washed up with no trade value. Look elsewhere.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

homebrew whats ur brilliant ideas for a trade?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Hejduk and Forsberg :Forsberg just came back to play with Colorado.  He's not going anywhere.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I said it before and I'll say it again...go get Neil and Gonchar from Ottawa.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]I said it before and I'll say it again...go get Neil and Gonchar from Ottawa.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Not Neil and Gonchar. Kelly and Karlsson

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, I generally hate the speculative trade threads and I try to avoid them, but now I've got the fever.

Here's my idea - WE - THE FANS - make a trade happen!!

Guys, the Egyptians just overthrew their government, so how hard could this be??

We just all camp out in North Station until Chia and Cam give in!!

Jordin Tootoo.  He's the guy we need.  The rights to Carl Soderberg's phone number would get this done easy.

Why Jordin Tootoo?

1) I like him.
    2) I think his name is the most fun to say in the NHL.
    3) Jack Edwards would lose his mind with Tootoo lines, he would not be able to stop.
    4) The 4th line is making this team what it is and Jordin is a perfect 4th line guy.
    5) I like him.
    6) At 5'9" he would blend into the Canadiens perfectly - they won't be able to tell him apart from their own team!!!  5-6 errant passes to him a game - easy!
    7) 2-1 game 5 mins left, you have to have him out there with Thornton.  You just gotta.
    8) He fights guys bigger than him.
    9) 4 goals this year, that's 4 more than Forsberg.

True, he's not playing right now because he's in a substance abuse program, but that means it would be easier to get the deal done.

uh oh, I might have forgot my sarcasm warning on here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i think we should try and get pacieretty, subban, lappiere and komisarek

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]homebrew whats ur brilliant ideas for a trade?
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I've stated previously on here and hfboards what I think the Bruins should look for.   That is an All Star caliber talent that would put them over the top, or a  solid energy / penalty killing third liner to upgrade Recchi/Ryder/Wheeler, even though each of them brings something different to the table that would be hard to replace.

Elias would be my first choice should he become available.    I'd pay a good price for him.  (Toronto First + Hamill)

There aren't many All Star players avaialble, is the problem.  Most likely we only can trade for a depth player.   Before getting injured Alfredsson would have been my second choice, though he likely would not have been available on the trade market.  

We don't know what's availalbe and what the asking price is.   Kaberle of 3 years ago I'd have been all over.  Now, I would give up a 2nd rounder for him but not much more.    Versteeg I'd rather have over Kaberle, he's a very solid energy player that is a perfect depth forward for a playoff run.   If depth puts a team over the top rather than the star power of the first line, then Versteeg in a thrid line role would be perfect.

If the player we are trading for isn't an upgrade on the player we currently have at his roster slot, there is no point of making the trade.   Phillips I couldn't care for.   Same for others that might be an upgrade but the contract is retarded (Gonchar, Spezza...etc).    

There aren't really a whole lot of names that jump out as available, is an upgrade over our current roster, and the asking price is reasonable.

Perhaps something might come out of left field, like a Bogosian/ Cleary / Clowe / Shane Doan / Martin Erat...etc.    Players like that are very likely not available, but would be great additions to our roster.  Did anyone see Luplul getting traded (not that I would have chased him)?

The other problem is that there aren't a lot of teams out of the playoff race right now.   In a week that might change.  

I really don't see a point of proposing a trade for a player like Forsberg (of today) that 'might' offer an upgrade, but really isn't worth the risk, even if the asking price was a lot lower than you proposed.

Sections
Shortcuts