Trade Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Trade Horton

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

Bruin's are 2 points behind Montreal,i think maybee 5 behind Pittsburg,but let's blow them up trade away best players,I remember last season when Bruins had that long stretch,where they were destroying every one,didn't think anybody could beat them,Then they never showed up for the play offs,So personally i don't care if Bruin's coast the rest off the season,as long as they show up for playoffs that's all that matters,Now do they need some offensive help,probably another veteran defencemen yes,but not tearing the team up,Now if they go out in first round,yeah have at it.

Kitchener if you read my post on the B's vs Leaf thread. This isn't like the slump they were in last yr. This is far worse & deeper than that.

Wasn't talking about slump last year,was talking about thr 3 months where they were destroying every one they played,and then sucked in playoffs, just depends on what team shows up,i still think they can turn it up a big notch,and am hoping they do it in playoffs.

A lot of us thought that missing Horton was a big reason. And I'm hoping his 2011 performance wasn't just a fluke. However, as I said there's a lot of issue's on this team it's not just Lucic & Horton. 

Oh i agree they are playing like crap,i have thought that all year,but i think they can play much better,they do need some help,hopefully G.M can do something before trade deadline,although i think he should have done something in the off season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Why not this team needs a shake up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Only problem with Horton for Clowe is as bad/inconsistent Horton numbers are Clowes are much worse. That said, and i watch the Sharks cause I like Thornton, wether Clowe is scoring or not, his physical game doesnt take a day off. Perhaps a change of scenery would do both players good, depending on Clowe's shoulder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Why not this team needs a shake up.

Just not ready to give up on them yet,i think with some tweaking this team could go a long way in playoffs,if im wrong i will be the first to admit that i no nothing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't feel things are as bad as they seem.  They had a lousy road trip.  It happens to almost every team.  They'll get over it, get healthy and put some wins together because they are better than just about every team in the East.  Wins tomorrow and Wednesday will put last night's loss in the rear view mirror where it belongs.

Plus, PC likes to adhere to his master plan.  He is much more likely to stick to this core than deal any one of his top six, even for Iggy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Why not Horton + (Subban + 3rd pick for Iginla)?   As posted earlier, resigning Horton for 2013-14 is highly unlikely (due to other commitments)  and you might get Iginla for the rest of this year + discount for his remaining years in a B's uniform.   The Iginla situation reminds of Bourque in his waning years as a Bruin. 

This trade would not disrupt the chemistry of the Top 6 and give you a guy who is historically more consistent as a sniper.  I honestly think, although the price will be steep NOW for Iginla, that he will be cheaper than Horton when they both hot the open market (simply due to age).  I could see Iginla getting extended at a cheaper rate versus Horton's next big contract.  Why not?

It would make sense for Calgary to get a younger, experienced winger, with grit----a young (Round 1) goalie they can develop, and a pick in the early round.  A first rounder for a 37 year-old would be way too steep for this guy if Horton were included IMHO. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I don't feel things are as bad as they seem.  They had a lousy road trip.  It happens to almost every team.  They'll get over it, get healthy and put some wins together because they are better than just about every team in the East.  Wins tomorrow and Wednesday will put last night's loss in the rear view mirror where it belongs.

Plus, PC likes to adhere to his master plan.  He is much more likely to stick to this core than deal any one of his top six, even for Iggy. 

I may be looking at the team through rose colored glasses but thats how i see it as well. We were all complaining about the Krejci line last week and then they put in a stellar performance against the Caps.I don't know why they have been mostly cold the last couple weeks but CJ will be trying something,bet on it.I still say, when HEALTHY, the B's with an added forward and depth d-man are as good as anyone in the east and even without added players, they are still pretty good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

50, they are very good, but they are not playing.  Lucic is one of my favorite players of all time in Boston.  His performance last night was a disgrace to the jersey.  I don't care if they are up by 5 or down by 5, that level of play from a Boston Bruin...in TORONTO NO LESS!!!...is so far beyond unacceptable that they don't even have a word for it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

50, they are very good, but they are not playing.  Lucic is one of my favorite players of all time in Boston.  His performance last night was a disgrace to the jersey.  I don't care if they are up by 5 or down by 5, that level of play from a Boston Bruin...in TORONTO NO LESS!!!...is so far beyond unacceptable that they don't even have a word for it.

That might be a little harsh, but i know what you mean. If its not injury related, then by all means Fat should be demoted to the 3rd line or some other line to give him a wake up. Whether it is because he missed camp and didn't go anywhere to play his compete level for stretches at a time have been abyssmal. This is something that only Fat knows why and hopefully he gets it straightened out, but calls for him to be traded by some posters is just crazy, imo. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I'm hoping the the line shakeup gets things moving again for him. Horton was such a big part to the Bruins success in winning the Cup, that it would be tough to toss him out, knowing he might have another playoff run like that in him. Then again, with the concussion troubles, he could be one hit away from becoming a Savard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Honestly, why not?  Something's got to give.  His contract is expiring.  His line has been in the tank all year.  Package him with Subban and bring in someone who is going to make a difference.

I'm not attached to Nathan Horton.  Send him on his way.  I'll cheer for him when he comes back to play for someone else.  This team needs an enema!

Weren't you the guy who started a "this place is starting to suck" thread because people were pointing out all the weaknesses of this team, including Horton and Lucic and the PP, but they hadn't started losing yet?

Maybe it IS Ok to point out a team's problems before they actually lose 3 out of 4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Not harsh at all, every game i focus on one or to bs to figure out whats wrong with them, and lucic it seems is every game the past 10, His mind isnt in the game at all, hes lazy, his passes are off and weak, if hes playing hurt CJ should be be sitting him, if its emotional, Lucic should get some time off. Enough is enough, its one thing when your slupming and not scoring but when you quit skating and doing what you do best, thats a problem for  17 other players on the ice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Only problem with Horton for Clowe is as bad/inconsistent Horton numbers are Clowes are much worse. That said, and i watch the Sharks cause I like Thornton, wether Clowe is scoring or not, his physical game doesnt take a day off. Perhaps a change of scenery would do both players good, depending on Clowe's shoulder.

Doesn't trading Horton for Clowe, mean trading the RW on the 1st line, to fill the spot on the LW of the 3rd line?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Not harsh at all, every game i focus on one or to bs to figure out whats wrong with them, and lucic it seems is every game the past 10, His mind isnt in the game at all, hes lazy, his passes are off and weak, if hes playing hurt CJ should be be sitting him, if its emotional, Lucic should get some time off. Enough is enough, its one thing when your slupming and not scoring but when you quit skating and doing what you do best, thats a problem for  17 other players on the ice

To me, calling Fats play a disgrace to the jersey is a bit harsh.Now Chris Nilan wearing a B's jersey could be considered as such.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Honestly, why not?  Something's got to give.  His contract is expiring.  His line has been in the tank all year.  Package him with Subban and bring in someone who is going to make a difference.

Would that package be enough to get Wayne Simmonds, out of Philly?

Tough player, can score, and has a very reasonable contract. Philly needs a young goalie that they can develope.

Horton would give them a serviceable player with an expiring contract.

I don't see Iginla coming to Boston, without Dougie Hamilton, going the other way.

Subban would have little interest for Calgary, because they like the young goalies in their system.

I could also see Calgary, try to package Bouwmeester with Iginla, to rid themselves of the final year of that contract.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's possible, but I'm not sure why Philly would want to move him.  His new six year deal doesn't kick in until next year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

so true Kelv.  I'm just upset Horton is not playing the way he should or did.  It's the physical part that I 'm more upset about .  Even when they were winning you could see Horton not finishing his checks, he would just turn away from hitting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kitchener if you read my post on the B's vs Leaf thread. This isn't like the slump they were in last yr. This is far worse & deeper than that.

I agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'm not attached to Nathan Horton.  Send him on his way.  I'll cheer for him when he comes back to play for someone else.  This team needs an enema!

Posted similar to this 3 weeks ago, you said it was stupid. What is it, a bipolar thing? You know- the whole  "leave the top 6 alone" ...Whatever

In any case, if he's not in the future plans, then why would they keep him around. He's playing like Mr Spock. Horton is a force when he's invested emotionally and physically, that's been about three times this yr.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Stop panicing!

Sections
Shortcuts