Trade Kelly?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Trade Kelly?

would anyone else be completely open to moving Kelly?, may sound out of left field but If we moved Kelly not only would it open 2 million dollars off the cap, it would also allow Seguin to move to center and Caron a regular shift on right wing

Lucic    Krejci    Horton
    Marchand   Bergeron    Peverly
    Puoliot   Seguin    Caron

and we could Sign Clark who i love to be that 13th forward

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Trade Kelly?

Kelly is good and we have lots of cap space, i don't know why we would trade him.  If Seguin is the better option at center 3rd line, Kelly doen't need to be traded to make that happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Why?  No need to do it--- he is a solid team player and a contributor in a bunch of situations--- that is valuable to this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

In Response to Trade Kelly?:
    would anyone else be completely open to moving Kelly?, may sound out of left field but If we moved Kelly not only would it open 2 million dollars off the cap, it would also allow Seguin to move to center and Caron a regular shift on right wing Lucic    Krejci    Horton Marchand   Bergeron    Peverly Puoliot   Seguin    Caron and we could Sign Clark who i love to be that 13th forward thoughts?
    Posted by darrenryan

From what i've seen Kelly is a solid 2 way player who is very good value for money. I would not trade him at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You could trade him but then at the deadline we would be looking for a 3rd line center who can kill pk, score some timely goals and have playoff experience.  Oh wait we have a guy like that.  Sometimes those types of players are more important to team success then the big moves.  Mainly b/c they fit in and know their role.  Kaberle has no clue. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No . Kelly is an integral part of this Bruins team, and can play n3rd or 4th line regularly, and fill in on one and two. He has speed, size, experience. No reason at all to move him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Susceptible for trade, yes but because he can play that grinder playoff game with his salary he stays or Arniel and Sauve would not have been sent down if Claude thought either had out played Chris.

Kelly's offensive game frustrates allot but his defensive abilities as a center are complete and that's all she wrote in Julien's mind. Better than watching Whitfield...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Think the only way Kelly is traded is if half the team goes down with injury and the Bs go into rebuild mode. Kelly is too valuable to a team making the push for the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Chris Kelly? Defensively responsible, valuable on the PK and chips in enough goals for 2 mil a year. He will help you gut out a big 2-1 win in May or June. Keep him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's too much of a utility payer to be traded. It's guys like Kelly that make the Bruins a cup threat again this year. Depth, depth and more depth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

I would consider it but not now, I also think there is a log jam between the 3rd and 4th lines, but an injury could occur as soon as he is dealt then we scramble to find someone like him, let it play out, we have enough cap space, and at the deadline we can move him or package him, picks etc to get what we might need, who knows maybe he scores 20-25 goals, and we can Pouliot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Saw Seguin play in person the other night. Sick talent. Put the kid in the middle of the ice and let him grow. I like Kelly a lot, and think he's an important piece - But IMO Seguin's development is the priority.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly?:
    Saw Seguin play in person the other night. Sick talent. Put the kid in the middle of the ice and let him grow. I like Kelly a lot, and think he's an important piece - But IMO Seguin's development is the priority.
    Posted by JWensink

Not to sound obtuse; but isn't winning the priority? You don't trade a versitile Kelly, just so somebody can develope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Kelly's better than Clark, so I wouldn't want to trade him to make room for Clark. Kelly's a great character player who gets some goals and is real fast. Boston needs speed against Montreal, Vancouver, Tampa, etc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : Not to sound obtuse; but isn't winning the priority? You don't trade a versitile Kelly, just so somebody can develope.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I really believe developing Seguin at Center does give the best chance of winning. And I really wouldn't describe Tyler Seguin as just somebody.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Seguin needs to play Center, Kelly can play left wing.  Caron can play either wing, I think the same with Pouliot.  I expect you will see some fluidity there as the year begins, not unlike Kelly and Peverley last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Indeed.  Trade Kelly for a player who's earned a ring, has worn the "A" with another team, and can fill multiple roles on a talented team.  Absolutely.  Trade Chris Kelly straight up for Chris Kelly.  Wow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

He's too much of a utility payer to be traded. It's guys like Kelly that make the Bruins a cup threat again this year. Depth, depth and more depth.
    Posted by red75

I agree with this. Kelly and Peverley have been wonderful for this team. Can never have too many guys who play solid 2 way games with speed, leadership and grit.

For 2mil and under that is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Clearly you haven't seen Pouliot in a B's jersey.

I'm not convinced that you've seen Kelly in a B's jersey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Claude Julien loves players like Chris Kelly. Solid two way player, defensively solid first and foremost and chips in with goals now and again. He's also versatile, a leader, plays with grit and above all else... plays great against the Habs. I don't see him going anywhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : I really believe developing Seguin at Center does give the best chance of winning. And I really wouldn't describe Tyler Seguin as just somebody.
    Posted by JWensink

Why do they have to trade Kelly in order for Seguin to play center?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : I really believe developing Seguin at Center does give the best chance of winning. And I really wouldn't describe Tyler Seguin as just somebody.
    Posted by JWensink

In all fairness, you also felt last year's handling of Seguin by CJ was detrimental to the organization............just sayin'.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : Why do they have to trade Kelly in order for Seguin to play center?
    Posted by nitemare-38

Good point nite - I agree

I'm not bashing Kelly, or do I think he deserves to be traded. I just think that Seguin could become an elite player. I'd like to see him go through his growing pains playing at center, and regular first line PP duties. It was the first time I watched him in person, and I was just 3 rows back. His talent looked pretty devastating to me. I just would like to see what that ability can do playing where he belongs. My comments were more in support of that, than any disrespect to Kelly. I like his game, for his price. He helped bring the cup to Boston - I get it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : Not to sound obtuse; but isn't winning the priority? You don't trade a versitile Kelly, just so somebody can develope. Posted by nitemare-38

Then why draft anybody if your just going to bring in 12-16 goals a year grinders every trade deadline ?

Sections
Shortcuts