Trade Kelly?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Trade Kelly?

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : In all fairness, you also felt last year's handling of Seguin by CJ was detrimental to the organization............just sayin'. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

So will you be satisfied if Seguin gets the same minutes a game as last season ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Kelly?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : So will you be satisfied if Seguin gets the same minutes a game as last season ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, if Seguin gets the same minutes this year, it's all on him. I expect Seguin will force his way into being a go to guy this year. As far as last year goes, I won't argue with the overall results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : San, if Seguin gets the same minutes this year, it's all on him. I expect Seguin will force his way into being a go to guy this year. As far as last year goes, I won't argue with the overall results.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yea, there is no doubt that Seguin will get plenty of chances this year and what he does with them is up to him.  Chia and Cluade have both stated on numerous occasions that they don't expect this team to play at their peak Stanley Cup level all season.  I'm sure they will be counting heavily on Seguin's development to help offset the Stanley Cup hangover, complacency, injuries, fatigue or whatever other issues face the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

Of course there is that ever so miniscule chance that this team comes out of the gate on all cylinders and never looks back.  There are no injuries or slumps and the veterans seize every available minute of available ice time.  A completely unrealistic scenario, but one that would be a great problem to have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : San, if Seguin gets the same minutes this year, it's all on him. I expect Seguin will force his way into being a go to guy this year. As far as last year goes, I won't argue with the overall results.

Absolutely right dez. If Seguin plays better he'll get more minutes. I didn't see him deserving more then what he got last year based on his play. It's simple . On a team that had the talent the Bruins had , play good consistent hockey and you'll get the minutes . Last year he didn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : I really believe developing Seguin at Center does give the best chance of winning. And I really wouldn't describe Tyler Seguin as just somebody.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

JW , I get what you're saying as far as liking Seguin as a center. I just think that his development as a player will include who he plays with. He should be playing with top 6 offensive talent . At the moment he is not a better center then Krejci or Bergeron and playing on a 3rd line with bottom 6 talent will not help him develop offensively. Playing wing alongside these two is a better option then to be stuck on a 3rd line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : JW , I get what you're saying as far as liking Seguin as a center. I just think that his development as a player will include who he plays with. He should be playing with top 6 offensive talent . At the moment he is not a better center then Krejci or Bergeron and playing on a 3rd line with bottom 6 talent will not help him develop offensively. Playing wing alongside these two is a better option then to be stuck on a 3rd line.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    i'm confused...if he's not better than the top 2 guys, why should he play top 2 line minutes w/ top 2 line guys? he's playing on an elite team, and the fact that he's not already on a top 2 line, is OK. he's still a teenager(i think)! how is it that marchand was able to produce playing the first couple months on the 4TH LINE? he doesn't need players around him to make him better, IF HE'S A REAL FUTURE STAR, he'll make the players around him better. i think we'll start seeing that this year. he'll anchor a very productive 3rd line, which presents problems for bruins' opponents. his line may be the key to the bruins chance to repeat. can't wait to see how it all shakes out this year. i see another cup!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : i'm confused...if he's not better than the top 2 guys, why should he play top 2 line minutes w/ top 2 line guys? he's playing on an elite team, and the fact that he's not already on a top 2 line, is OK. he's still a teenager(i think)! how is it that marchand was able to produce playing the first couple months on the 4TH LINE? he doesn't need players around him to make him better, IF HE'S A REAL FUTURE STAR, he'll make the players around him better. i think we'll start seeing that this year. he'll anchor a very productive 3rd line, which presents problems for bruins' opponents. his line may be the key to the bruins chance to repeat. can't wait to see how it all shakes out this year. i see another cup!!! 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Now you have me confused adk. I really have no idea what your first few lines are saying . I'd reply if I did. The rest I can comprehend.

Do you think at this stage of his career that Seguin will make players around him better ? If you think so that's your opinion . I don't . I think he is the one who needs the help to get better ( presently ). Things could likely change as the season goes along but for starters I think he improves by playing with the better players ( as long as he earns the minutes and I think he has because of his pre-season play  ). If he doesn't then drop him down to the 3rd line.

I want him playing with the elite talent on this team not sitting on the bench watching them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

When the B's won the Cup I wanted to celebrate with a jersey for a below-the-radar guy. Kelly it was.

Grit. Leadership (there's been talk about giving him the A), clutch scoring during the playoffs. Yeah, I sure hope he stays.

And hello everyone ... I've been a silent observer lately but still around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : JW , I get what you're saying as far as liking Seguin as a center. I just think that his development as a player will include who he plays with. He should be playing with top 6 offensive talent . At the moment he is not a better center then Krejci or Bergeron and playing on a 3rd line with bottom 6 talent will not help him develop offensively. Playing wing alongside these two is a better option then to be stuck on a 3rd line.

I'm not sure I understand...which two are you referring to?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : I'm not sure I understand...which two are you referring to?
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Krejci or Bergeron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

chowda...simply put(i thought it already was), you said he should get 2nd line duties even though he's not the 2nd best center on the team. this makes no sense, "sorry patrice, you play on the 3rd line now, we need to give this one player a chance at better numbers". re-arrange the entire team for a 19 year old kid to possibly have better numbers? i still stick behind the marchand example- started on the 4th line, and PLAYED his way onto the 2nd line. same goes for seguin, and he's getting a chance to skate with better players than marchy did in his second season. my feeling is that the cream always rises to the top. if seguin is, he will. team first, no one is entitled to anything. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]chowda...simply put(i thought it already was), you said he should get 2nd line duties even though he's not the 2nd best center on the team. this makes no sense, "sorry patrice, you play on the 3rd line now, we need to give this one player a chance at better numbers". re-arrange the entire team for a 19 year old kid to possibly have better numbers? i still stick behind the marchand example- started on the 4th line, and PLAYED his way onto the 2nd line. same goes for seguin, and he's getting a chance to skate with better players than marchy did in his second season. my feeling is that the cream always rises to the top. if seguin is, he will. team first, no one is entitled to anything. 

What the F you reading ? 

I never have said that Seguin should take 1st or 2nd line center duties away from Krejci or Bergeron . Ever . That would be stupid. You need to re-read what I've posted here . I've stated I would like him in the top 6 playing WING ( beside , with,  etc . ) and NOT centering the third line where he'll be playing beside lesser players. 

I also stated that he had to earn it which I thought his pre-season play merited a spot in the top 6.

Hopefully this clears up what I said because it's annoying having to post twice what I actually did say. 

Here's a third time for you copied from an earlier post on this thread in case you missed the first two.

-----------------------

I just think that his development as a player will include who he plays with. He should be playing with top 6 offensive talent . At the moment he is not a better center then Krejci or Bergeron and playing on a 3rd line with bottom 6 talent will not help him develop offensively. Playing wing alongside these two is a better option then to be stuck on a 3rd line.                       

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : [ QUOTE]chowda...simply put(i thought it already was), you said he should get 2nd line duties even though he's not the 2nd best center on the team. this makes no sense, "sorry patrice, you play on the 3rd line now, we need to give this one player a chance at better numbers".  re-arrange the entire team for a 19 year old kid to possibly have better numbers? i still stick behind the marchand example- started on the 4th line, and PLAYED his way onto the 2nd line. same goes for seguin, and he's getting a chance to skate with better players than marchy did in his second season. my feeling is that the cream always rises to the top. if seguin is, he will. team first, no one is entitled to anything.  Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE] What the F you reading ?   I never have said that Seguin should take 1st or 2nd line center duties away from Krejci or Bergeron . Ever . That would be stupid. You need to re-read what I've posted here . I've stated I would like him in the top 6 playing WING ( beside , with,  etc . ) and NOT centering the third line where he'll be playing beside lesser players.  I also stated that he had to earn it which I thought his pre-season play merited a spot in the top 6. Hopefully this clears up what I said because it's annoying having to post twice what I actually did say.  Here's a third time for you copied from an earlier post on this thread in case you missed the first two.                                               ----------------------- I just think that his development as a player will include who he plays with. He should be playing with top 6 offensive talent . At the moment he is not a better center then Krejci or Bergeron and playing on a 3rd line with bottom 6 talent will not help him develop offensively. Playing wing alongside these two is a better option then to be stuck on a 3rd line.                         
    So let me get this straight. You'd like to see Seguin center the 1st line with Caron and Paille?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : What the F you reading ?   I never have said that Seguin should take 1st or 2nd line center duties away from Krejci or Bergeron . Ever . That would be stupid. You need to re-read what I've posted here . I've stated I would like him in the top 6 playing WING ( beside , with,  etc . ) and NOT centering the third line where he'll be playing beside lesser players.  I also stated that he had to earn it which I thought his pre-season play merited a spot in the top 6. Hopefully this clears up what I said because it's annoying having to post twice what I actually did say.  Here's a third time for you copied from an earlier post on this thread in case you missed the first two.                                               ----------------------- I just think that his development as a player will include who he plays with. He should be playing with top 6 offensive talent . At the moment he is not a better center then Krejci or Bergeron and playing on a 3rd line with bottom 6 talent will not help him develop offensively. Playing wing alongside these two is a better option then to be stuck on a 3rd line.                          Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE] So let me get this straight. You'd like to see Seguin center the 1st line with Caron and Paille?

This conversation is very roler-esque.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Seguin will get his play, he'll be better this year than he was last, he will score over 20 this year and over 30 next year.

The only one that will detract from Seguin's playing time is Seguin. Not CJ, not Kelly, not Caron, Seguin. If Seguin doesn't play a lot, the only one to blame will be himself.

Saying that, the kid will have a breakout year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : So let me get this straight. You'd like to see Seguin center the 1st line with Caron and Paille? Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] This conversation is very roler-esque.
    Low blow Chowdah. There I was, just joking around, and you say something like that........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

sorry chowda...had a brief spell of "selective reading"! i just went back and read your last line. i obviously skipped over it, thank god i only need my fingers to type, it would be tough explaining this with my foot in my mouth! i still say he has to play his way onto the second line though. i hope he's playing there soon, as that will mean he's lighting it up! little scatter-brained this after-noon, getting close to game time!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : This conversation is very roler-esque. Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE] Low blow Chowdah. There I was, just joking around, and you say something like that........

No low blow intended and I appreciated your humour. I realize you are a reformed poster. I apologize as you are a poster I respect a lot. I was actual referring to a conversation I had with roler where he was telling me I was short sighted about 5 times over when I was agreeing with him ( yes that's right, agreeing with him ). As Yogi said ' Deja vu all over again '.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]sorry chowda...had a brief spell of "selective reading"! i just went back and read your last line. i obviously skipped over it, thank god i only need my fingers to type, it would be tough explaining this with my foot in my mouth! i still say he has to play his way onto the second line though. i hope he's playing there soon, as that will mean he's lighting it up! little scatter-brained this after-noon, getting close to game time!

No harm no foul adk. But you had me saying 'what the #$%%^' there for awhile. Keep up the good posting.

P.S. I agree with the earn the second line status comment . I think because Recchi's gone ( open spot ) and he played well during the pre-season he has eaned a shot there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Kelly? : Low blow Chowdah. There I was, just joking around, and you say something like that........ Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]  No low blow intended and I appreciated your humour. I realize you are a reformed poster. I apologize as you are a poster I respect a lot. I was actual referring to a conversation I had with roler where he was telling me I was short sighted about 5 times over when I was agreeing with him ( yes that's right, agreeing with him ). As Yogi said ' Deja vu all over again '.
    No offense taken Homie. Once again, just givin' you the buisiness. Believe me, I'm well aware of the subtle intricacies of a Roler "debate". If things seem to be slowing down, just switch arguments mid-stream. That'll jazz things up!

Sections
Shortcuts