Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla

TJ Oshie... there's a trade I could get behind. I wouldn't want to see DK go but Oshie is a monster.

In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Oshie wouldn't be bad either if we're plucking Blues.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I never said Ryder and Iginla were similar players, i said that you could be paying similar $$ per goal, even worse if Iginla slows down. But I think we are all in agreement that it's a bad fit. If Calgary rebuilds they'll want premium young talent or draft picks, not DK. And a young DK for an old Iginla is a poor trade for Boston from an asset value perpective.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Good post.  But what is DK's ceiling?  Really.  Is he ever gonna be an elite player?  Is he ever gonna be the face of a franchise.  Is he ever gonna put together a complete season.  I have been waiting and he sure has the skill level.  I am just left wondering if it ever happens.  Do you trade a Bergie or Seguin(NOPE).  Eventually Iggy will slow down.  But I see 3-4 solid yrs of play.  And comparing Ryder to Iggy is like comparing Kovalev and Messier.  Iggy is an elite player.  I dont think DK ever hits that especially in Boston.  DK's next contract is gonna be upward of 5 million.  I think our main avenue if DK is dangled should be a top 2 dman.  This deal would never go down from either side.  And from the same standpoint you make about getting someone younger I would make the argument from Calgary that they should get a pkg of good players with one legit player.  DK isnt gonna sell tickets in Calgary or be the face of a franchise.  I think if Pitt traded Staal for Iggy that is something the Calgary fans can sink their teeth into. Calgary fans would lose their mind if they traded Iggy for DK.  It wont happen. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]TJ Oshie... there's a trade I could get behind. I wouldn't want to see DK go but Oshie is a monster. In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    I like everything I've seen in Oshie's game. He's a Bruins type player. Rugged with a scoring touch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]TJ Oshie... there's a trade I could get behind. I wouldn't want to see DK go but Oshie is a monster. In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

And why would the Blues want to trade Oshie ?

Dream on boys !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : And why would the Blues want to trade Oshie ? Dream on boys !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    I thought it was clear that was exactly all we were doing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : 100%.  Its simply not a good fit.  Calgary would want more of a sure thing and franchise type player and we likely are giving up a lot to get a player who is going to start slowing down.

Oh , you mean slowing down like Recchi did in the last 3 years of his career ?

Did Recchi help us win a cup?  Iginla would do the same ...and in less time !

DK too high a price to pay ?  Let's think about it a little more !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : I thought it was clear that was exactly all we were doing.

Iginla is actually available ...for the right price!

Bruins have the cap space and the trade bait !

All the stars are aligned for this trade !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Oh , you mean slowing down like Recchi did in the last 3 years of his career ? Did Recchi help us win a cup?  Iginla would do the same ...and in less time ! DK too high a price to pay ?  Let's think about it a little more !
    Like I said BOA, your idea has merit. I just don't see it being the right deal for either club. I've always wanted to see Iginla as a Bruin but I gave up on the idea long ago. I hope you're right and they do somehow acquire Iginla. I just don't want it to be for the package you've proposed. Cheers!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Recchi slowed down, and was given an appropriately small contract of about 1mil per season, and took a couple nothing prospects to acquire. The Iginla situation is totally different.  I also don't know that Jerome is available.  I heard rumours that St. Louis was not happy with Oshie. He was scratched for missing practice I think, and they couldn't agree on a long-term deal.  I think he may be more available than Iginla as a matter of fact.  It's also just a better trade fit. A young power winger for a young playmaking center, both entering RFA statis. Pretty even trade. I don't know that it would be a good move for the Bruins, But if they want to move a center and have Seguin take over long term, Oshie would be a nice addition to the wing. If I'm going to do wild speculation, that's one I like. In reality I like the Bruins as they are and i don't want them to deal Krejci.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Oh , you mean slowing down like Recchi did in the last 3 years of his career ? Did Recchi help us win a cup?  Iginla would do the same ...and in less time ! DK too high a price to pay ?  Let's think about it a little more !

Did you take the time to read my posts?  Recchi did slow down.  Iggy is a superstar-world class franchise player.  Not once did I even hint at Iggy being past his prime.    He is a lock for 30 every year on a bad team. 

Iggy is available? Since when.  Last time this was mentioned it was shut down by the player and the team.  You care to offer your source?

And I was waiting for the Thorton part to slide in.  Boston got royally hosed in that deal. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : I like everything I've seen in Oshie's game. He's a Bruins type player. Rugged with a scoring touch.

Would you part with DK for Oshie?  I like Oshie but his stats are far less than desired.  I actually thought he had better stats. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=81042

Also seems to be a bit of a bandaid.  3rd line player stats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Would you part with DK for Oshie?  I like Oshie but his stats are far less than desired.  I actually thought he had better stats.  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=81042 Also seems to be a bit of a bandaid.  3rd line player stats.
    I'd prefer to not trade DK for anyone right now but Oshie is still only 24 and was on pace for 60 points last year. If DK can get going again, that would trump any trade suggestions we're making. DK improving means his linemates would be improving. I don't think he looks right out there at the moment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : I'd prefer to not trade DK for anyone right now but Oshie is still only 24 and was on pace for 60 points last year. If DK can get going again, that would trump any trade suggestions we're making. DK improving means his linemates would be improving. I don't think he looks right out there at the moment.

Thats why DK bothers me.  He has skill up the ha-who but is very inconsistant.  I think DK should be dangled for a dman.  Nashville keeps coming to mind and Suter.  Nashville lacks scoring and has plenty of dmen and wants to resign Weber.  They wont keep both.  I think in this trade dream both teams are trading fro  strengths and adding to weakness.  win win

Back to Oshie.  He is fun to watch for sure.  But something says he will never be more than a 15=20 goal 40-50 pt guy.   And not that I wouldnt want that but not for a huge asking price.   

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Thats why DK bothers me.  He has skill up the ha-who but is very inconsistant.  I think DK should be dangled for a dman.  Nashville keeps coming to mind and Suter.  Nashville lacks scoring and has plenty of dmen and wants to resign Weber.  They wont keep both.  I think in this trade dream both teams are trading fro  strengths and adding to weakness.  win win Back to Oshie.  He is fun to watch for sure.  But something says he will never be more than a 15=20 goal 40-50 pt guy.   And not that I wouldnt want that but not for a huge asking price.   

I don't know that I'd let Krecji walk for a defenseman.  Under Claude's system our defense is pretty good, on top of that we have Hamilton on the way next year if not the year after and Chara locked up long term.  Defense I don't think is a need in the short or long term.  However, if we trade Krecji we lose one of our top 3 forwards and would need to replace that offense somehow -- preferably on the wing as we are stocked at center.  Lucic and Horton (and maybe count Marchand) can't be our only two scoring wingers.  Peverly can't hit the net and I don't see any of our other wingers breaking out for 25+ goals.