Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=597065

“This trade gives us more depth as both Mikael Samuelsson and Marco Sturm are first-class, top-notch, two-way NHL players,” said Tallon. “In addition, Samuelsson is a Stanley Cup Champion, and this trade gives us better roster flexibility moving forward.”

Dale Tallon

Shake it up Dale but don't forget to get the fax right this time round Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht

I think Booth is the best player.  I think Sturm was a bust.  Canucks win this deal in my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht

No one thinks the Panthers are going anywhere this season, but look at who is avialable for UFA's this summer and add in the fact they just shed four million roster  dollars for next year, wel...

In Response to Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht:
    [QUOTE]             http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=597065 “This trade gives us more depth as both Mikael Samuelsson and Marco Sturm are first-class, top-notch, two-way NHL players,” said Tallon. “In addition, Samuelsson is a Stanley Cup Champion, and this trade gives us better roster flexibility moving forward.”

Dale Tallon Shake it up Dale but don't forget to get the fax right this time round
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht:
    [QUOTE]I think Booth is the best player.  I think Sturm was a bust.  Canucks win this deal in my opinion.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    By a wide margin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Sammy's loss the edge to his game since his injury, and he's hurting right now (scratched last 2 games);  the "Sturm Experiment" landed with a resounding thud.  They're both UFAs after this season, so Gillis decided to pull the plug now, rather than at the trade deadline.

If Booth can shake the cobwebs, he's an outstanding acquisition, but I have to admit, it's a bit of a risk. Reinprecht is bottom 6 injury insurance.  Nice to pick up a 3rd rounder, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

how many different teams has Sturm been on in the last year ?

For sure Canucks get the better deal here. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He's now on team 5.
    Bruins
    Kings
    Caps
    Canucks
    Panthers

Poor guy can't catch a break.

In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht:
    [QUOTE]how many different teams has Sturm been on in the last year ? For sure Canucks get the better deal here. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : By a wide margin.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I should have elaborated some.  Booth does have head issues.  Skilled young player.  Canucks needed to start adding to that team.  I still think they are a one line club.  This is a good start and they also cleared cap space did they not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Not really about $500,000 was the number I saw, but they also shifted out two UFA's for a guy signed for three years after this one. I guess Booth and Kesler are supposed to be real close.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : I should have elaborated some.  Booth does have head issues.  Skilled young player.  Canucks needed to start adding to that team.  I still think they are a one line club.  This is a good start and they also cleared cap space did they not?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Yes, the whole Kessler-Booth thing is what this is all about for the Canucks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : I should have elaborated some.  Booth does have head issues.  Skilled young player.  Canucks needed to start adding to that team.  I still think they are a one line club.  This is a good start and they also cleared cap space did they not?
    Shupe, I was saying I agree and then some. I think Florida got fleeced. Makes me wonder if they're gonna mail this season in and hope to win the lotto.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : Shupe, I was saying I agree and then some. I think Florida got fleeced. Makes me wonder if they're gonna mail this season in and hope to win the lotto.

Dez,  I know.  My original response was a weak effort.  NHL pkg is killing me.  Haha.
    Another factor with Florida is that they do have some players they can deal off.  I realized they had to get to the cap minimum but why didnt the sign Vokoun.  He has looked absolutely outstanding. 
    Or why not put an outlandish offer sheet on a player like Stampkos/Drew or Weber instead of throwing it on the guys they overpaid for. 

I dislike florida.  Send then to Quebec City.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : Dez,  I know.  My original response was a weak effort.  NHL pkg is killing me.  Haha. Another factor with Florida is that they do have some players they can deal off.  I realized they had to get to the cap minimum but why didnt the sign Vokoun.  He has looked absolutely outstanding.  Or why not put an outlandish offer sheet on a player like Stampkos/Drew or Weber instead of throwing it on the guys they overpaid for.  I dislike florida.  Send then to Quebec City.
    Correct on all counts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]I think Booth is the best player.  I think Sturm was a bust.  Canucks win this deal in my opinion.

BINGO!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How does Tallon have a job? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]How does Tallon have a job? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

that's the frist thing that crossed my mind when I heard Booth was sent to the Canucks.  He's was their only bright spot last season on offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sturm has barely stayed in one place long enough to qualify for long term rates at his hotel.

LA:  17
    WAS:  18
    VAN:  6

Whatever the future considerations PC got from LA were, it was a great decision!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : .  I realized they had to get to the cap minimum but why didnt the sign Vokoun.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I think Vokoun made up his mind that he wanted to play for a "contender."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]How does Tallon have a job? 

Pretty sure his entire job for 2011-12 was to get the $$ above the floor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : Pretty sure his entire job for 2011-12 was to get the $$ above the floor.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Why trade Booth then? He was already above the cap-floor wasn't he?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I've seen some speculaton he's looking to go big game hunting during free agency. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : Why trade Booth then? He was already above the cap-floor wasn't he?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I've seen some speculaton he's looking to go big game hunting during free agency.  In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    I can see that too but I can't figure out why Tallon chose to pull the trigger so early and for such little return.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : I think Vokoun made up his mind that he wanted to play for a "contender."
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Actually, Voukon went unwanted and signed the deal he got.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : Actually, Voukon went unwanted and signed the deal he got.
    Agreed. Expect him to cash in this offseason if he continues to perform well. If he remains unsigned by July 1, I think he'll go to the highest bidder.