Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht

With the wheels coming off in Nashville, Columbus, and Ottawa among others he might be hoping to get some of their big pieces in trade before the seasons ends and send back bodies with contracts to keep those teams above the cap floor.

In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht:
    In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : I can see that too but I can't figure out why Tallon chose to pull the trigger so early and for such little return.
    Posted by dezaruchi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht

On the front page of the sports section in the Vancouver Province today there is an article about how Booth was very upset at getting traded to Vancouver.  Apparently he broke down and cried when he found out about the trade.  I asked myself how someone could be so upset with being traded to a legitimate cup contender (aside from family/friends reasons) but thought I would probably feel the same way if I was in the NHL and was traded to the habs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Ok, we now know the reason for the trade, Booth is a headcase.

Well, i suppose it's possible that he just don't like cold weather, fans who know little other than how to boo and over react like Habs fans to everything, without the Habs fans ability to find the real problem and demand it be fixed.

In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht:
    On the front page of the sports section in the Vancouver Province today there is an article about how Booth was very upset at getting traded to Vancouver.  Apparently he broke down and cried when he found out about the trade.  I asked myself how someone could be so upset with being traded to a legitimate cup contender (aside from family/friends reasons) but thought I would probably feel the same way if I was in the NHL and was traded to the habs.
    Posted by Rufus604

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Booth is real good. He shoots too much and has concussion issues, but he can win games.  Outstanding second-liner. I would have thought Florida could have got way more than nothing in return for him. Outstanding trade for Vancouver.  A Kessler-Booth-Raymond line could really make them a better team and a true threat to win it all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by Rufus604

Maybe he's bent because he doesn't want to play for the token girl's team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Mikael Samuelsson will be 35 has never played a complete season came close once.

Sturm 33 has 1 complete season a few close ones.

Reinpr 35 - 1 complete season a few close ones.

Booth 27 - 1 complete season (last year).

I see a lot of injuries in this mix, Van wins by a land slide as Booth has 6 years to miss games to catch up with Sturm as Rein and Sam x each other out.

Booth is poss the Hort they are looking for, he possesses 1st line talent outside of Flo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Mikael Samuelsson will be 35 has never played a complete season came close once. Sturm 33 has 1 complete season a few close ones. Reinpr 35 - 1 complete season a few close ones. Booth 27 - 1 complete season (last year). I see a lot of injuries in this mix, Van wins by a land slide as Booth has 6 years to miss games to catch up with Sturm as Rein and Sam x each other out. Booth is poss the Hort they are looking for, he possesses 1st line talent outside of Flo.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

If Booth can stay healthy he should benefit from finally getting away from the opposition's top checking lines. Lots more help in Van. His ice time likely decreases though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In practice, it's been Kesler-Booth-Higgins.  They're calling it the "American Express" line, in reference to the "West Coast Express" line of Naslund-Bertuzzi-Morrison.  Higgins has been great this year so far (3G-2A), great energy.  Looking forward to that line vs. the Oilers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In practice, it's been Kesler-Booth-Higgins.  They're calling it the "American Express" line, in reference to the "West Coast Express" line of Naslund-Bertuzzi-Morrison.  Higgins has been great this year so far (3G-2A), great energy.  Looking forward to that line vs. the Oilers.
    Posted by 49-North

Hey 49, did you catch this?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/10/21/spector_on_canucks/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : Hey 49, did you catch this? http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/10/21/spector_on_canucks/
    Posted by dezaruchi

Thanks for forwarding that.  A little over-the-top on the sarcasm, and guilty of projecting the views of a few upon the entire fan base, but I'd have to agree with most of the piece. 

A portion of the Canucks' fan base and some local hockey writers are certifiably insane.  That's been true since almost Day 1.  Unfortunately, everyone gets painted by the same brush, which is why I'm constantly labeled as a rioter, whiner, etc. etc. 

At times, it's embarassing being a hockey fan in a Canadian city.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Trade: Mikael Samuelsson And Marco Sturm For David Booth And Steven Reinprecht : Thanks for forwarding that.  A little over-the-top on the sarcasm, and guilty of projecting the views of a few upon the entire fan base, but I'd have to agree with most of the piece.  A portion of the Canucks' fan base and some local hockey writers are certifiably insane.  That's been true since almost Day 1.  Unfortunately, everyone gets painted by the same brush, which is why I'm constantly labeled as a rioter, whiner, etc. etc.  At times, it's embarassing being a hockey fan in a Canadian city.
    Posted by 49-North

I'm in New Brunswick so it feels like I'm stuck in the middle of a Leafs-Habs rivalry. Feels like the 60's around here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How does Tallon have a job? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Like Dudley, Tallon will be searching again for a new job after Florida moves to Quebec. If I were an eventual NHL hockey club President or owner interviewing Dale I'd direct my first question regarding this trade.

Sections
Shortcuts