Trade option: Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Trade option: Seguin?

After reading the lukewarm explanation of why Seguin did not play, I have come to a conclusion.  If the Bs are willing to trade Toronto's #1 the why wouldn't the Bs also entertain the trade of Seguin?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Trade option: Seguin?

In Response to Trade option: Seguin?:
    After reading the lukewarm explanation of why Seguin did not play, I have come to a conclusion.  If the Bs are willing to trade Toronto's #1 the why wouldn't the Bs also entertain the trade of Seguin?  
    Posted by islamorada

They're willing to move the Toronto pick because they believe it will help aquire a stud going forward. Seguin will be a stud everyone knows that. He was not NHL ready this year. Seguin won't be traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Because they think there's no one in this draft who can match Seguin's potential.  In fact, they can entertain trading the Tor#1 because they already have Seguin.

If the Leafs looked more like a 29th place club this year, they might not be as vocal about their willingness to deal.

I wrote elsewhere that there are scenarios where a Seguin deal might happen - basically, you get a guy who is now 80% of what Seguin could be in 3 years.  You sacrifice the EL salary limitations and some of the true franchise player potential for a guy who will be a core player and a top 3 forward or top 2 D and who is more likely to help the Bruins win a Cup now and/or next year.  Say...Bobby Ryan, though Ryan is more like 90% of what Seguin will be just in a different role.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Seguin is a higher prospect than anyone in this years draft, and they dont currently know where the toronto pick falls next season..

The bruins arent giving up on seguin at this point, He hasn't been forced into a major role, which would probably lead to a quicker development.. I have a feeling he is playing worried about making some mistakes, playing a little timid.. Its a big adjustment, and he hasnt been thrown into it like some other rookies..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Seguin will become a Superstar..he's only 18

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by islamorada

Is this question just to get people talking or are you looking for a serious answer?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9f13f2149fa79ab8278987efe6a8fa7a&plckUserId=9f13f2149fa79ab8278987efe6a8fa7a">
    First: 1/13/2006
    Last: 2/10/2011

I'm sorry-- this is probably the stupidest thing you have ever posted.  You usually have good points--- but this is not one of them.  I'll chalk this one up to hitting the keg a little too early this morning.Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not a chance seguins goes anywhere... along with a 1st rd. pick. the only club dumb enough to give away (2) 1st rd. picks is toronto!!!!LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin?:
    Seguin will become a Superstar..he's only 18 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Stanley's endorsement = the kiss of death.

uggggggg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yaso, Maybe you're not ready to hit the keys to give an answer because you can't so it's easy for you to say "that's a dumb question." It's a legit question because if Chiarelli were bowled over with an offer for Seguin I would expect a deal. This goes back to the "Untouchable" thread nobody is untouchable.

Isla, It would have to be a major offer in return. This goes back to a great answer regarding the Joe Thornton trade I'll bet there were GMs thinking "Hey why didn't I know Jumbo was available ?" Because you didn't ask...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Seguin is a higher prospect than anyone in this years draft, and they dont currently know where the toronto pick falls next season.. The bruins arent giving up on seguin at this point, He hasn't been forced into a major role, which would probably lead to a quicker development.. I have a feeling he is playing worried about making some mistakes, playing a little timid.. Its a big adjustment, and he hasnt been thrown into it like some other rookies..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I think the answer's been provided.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

So now were trading Seguin? Too funny. Why not just trade Clod....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

EST

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d21a95fdc3c4e624912604863d6dfb1e&plckUserId=d21a95fdc3c4e624912604863d6dfb1e">
    First: 4/18/2009
    Last: 2/10/2011
    Yaso, Maybe you're not ready to hit the keys to give an answer because you can't so it's easy for you to say "that's a dumb question.

OK Sandog-- Here is my answer-- In two years if Seguin is still searching for his game, then this maybe would be something to consider, but for now it is a remotely stupid proposal.  Patience, Patience, Patience!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Posted by islamorada

Issy, you must have taken a hit to the head watching last night's game, or fell out of bed this morning and hit your head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

So now were trading Seguin? Too funny. Why not just trade Clod....
    Posted by nash99

GOD I wish...I would trade Claude for a hot dog and a medium soda

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : GOD I wish...I would trade Claude for a hot dog and a medium soda
    Posted by slicksteve38

I can't believe they're in 1st with such a bad coach...........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

No you don't trade seguin because he'll come back and burn you. Now you want to talk trade. Send the first and Stuart to Atlanta for Bogosian

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

What's with this "STUD" label ?  He can't even stay on an NHL club.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What's with this "STUD" label ?  He can't even stay on an NHL club.
    Posted by Stuke50

Neither could Stamkos in year one of his career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Seguin, Wheeler, Stuart, Colbourne and B's 1st(via Toronto) to STL for Backes, Berglund, and Johnson.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from killer5. Show killer5's posts

alwaysabruin - that's about the best trade proposal I've read on here.  But would Atl trade him? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This is really a far out post unless the return was Ryan Kesler, Bobby Ryan, Steven Stamkos, which are also far out comments and perspectives. I did like the trade Clod comment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by islamorada

Even though you're taking some heat here Islamorada, you're question is perfectly logical.  No one is exempt from a potential trade.  Of course the B's would "entertain" trade inquiries regarding Seguin.  They'd also entertain inquiries about any other player on the team.  They always have...always will...it's their job.  If a good enough deal presents itself...they pull the trigger.  If not...they don't.
    If Gretzky can get traded, anyone can.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Trade option: Seguin? : Even though you're taking some heat here Islamorada, you're question is perfectly logical.  No one is exempt from a potential trade.  Of course the B's would "entertain" trade inquiries regarding Seguin.  They'd also entertain inquiries about any other player on the team.  They always have...always will...it's their job.  If a good enough deal presents itself...they pull the trigger.  If not...they don't. If Gretzky can get traded, anyone can.
    Posted by stevegm

Finally someone gets my point, I am a huge Seguin supporter, but if the Bs management is not going to play the kid then why not consider a block buster trade with him in mind.  If the cup is within reach with a trade then do so.  I hope Dallas tanks in the next few weeks.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts