Trade option: Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Trade option: Seguin?

In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : I am sorry He will not be a superstar.. I do not see it in him.. it ain't happening..  you may mock me now.. and applaud me later... mark my words..  trade him while everyone thinks he is a potential star.. ( those that still do).
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]
    Rest assured,there will be no applause later........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Anybody is a trade option even Seguin.The B,s are on the verge of a putting together a very good stanley cup run team. There are a few missing pieces & if you want it,think you have it,then you mortgage the future for it. As a example throw Seguin,#1 tor.,Wheeler & Stuart to Atl for Byfuglien & Little you wouldn,t think about it? If you really thought you could win the cup by doing it, you would. It,s what happens at the deadline every year, teams throwing young talent for that 1 player to push them over the top.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I love prognosticators who take the field and then peacock about it.  There are what?  A dozen true superstars in this league?  Not guys who've been used to market individual teams, but guys at the top of the league at their position every year - guys that fans in every town know.  Crosby, Ovechkin, maybe Malkin, the Sedins, Lidstrom, Chara*, Thornton maybe, Brodeur, Luongo maybe, Stamkos....  Short list.  Take no pride in predicting someone isn't going to be of that calibre. 

As for "not seeing it in him", Stamkos had his struggles but the Sedins looked hopeless their first year, and they stayed in Sweden for a year after being drafted.  Chara, far from being an obvious superstar when he entered the league, was a throw in in the Yashin deal.  So - the only reason, and I mean only, for anyone to want to label Seguin as a bust or a guy who won't be a superstar is to tin plate their own ego by saying "see, I told you so!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Know one can have a different opinion of Seguin then what you had at draft time. He really has not had achance to go out there & be Tyler Seguin. He,s 18 playing for CJ who is not the friendliest coach for a rookie. You see the talent,the speed,the quickness & sometimes the headiness. You also see he,s 18 with unsureness,frustration, etc. I don't think the main poster questioned his talent, just CJ giving up on him & the B,s wanting to do something big for the cup run. Is he a trade option? Absolutely! if you, as i stated earlier are  willing to mortgage the future for the present. The famous line "Gretzky got traded" says it all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Seguin will play once Clod is fired after another playoff choke. I don't see Seguin playing in the playoffs if Clod won't put him on the ice in meaningless regular season games. He will be a healthy scratch. The Bruin biggest problem is Clod. He's clueless. He has ruined Wheeler and will do the same with Seguin if he doesn't get fired. Wheeler should be playing center. He isn't a banger or even a scorer. But he can skate, handle the puck and has good size. Just get a banger with some finish to play on the third line with Wheeler and Ryder and this team will be very good. Then they will need a Dman to qb the horrible PP. I don't think Clod can figure this out though so they will struggle and lose in the second round most likely when he gets outcoached.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Nash I had the same opinion of "Clod" as you did. I always questioned his dealings of young players. Lucic coming into his own this year, playing with fire,emotion & controlled anger has helped me subdue my thoughts alittle as I always thought he put the clamps on him. The Whitfield over Marchand in the playoffs last year I thought was a perfect example of "Clod being Clod" where he brought in the willy ole, count on him vet over a emotional young kid & what he got was a team that played scared, emotionless & gave up the series. Im giving "Clod" the benefit of doubt this year as he has let the reins off of the team, let them have some fun, play with fire & emotion while  crossing my fingers that Seguin takes the Lucic route & becomes the player his talent allows him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Finally someone gets my point, I am a huge Seguin supporter, but if the Bs management is not going to play the kid then why not consider a block buster trade with him in mind.  If the cup is within reach with a trade then do so.  I hope Dallas tanks in the next few weeks.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Isla,the difference is that everyone knew exactly what they were getting/dealing when Gretzky was traded.Seguin is a player with 50 games under his belt who,according to opinions here,could be a star or could be a Daigle.Like BB pointed out to you,if Seguin wasn't in Boston already,it's unlikely PC would be willing to move the Leaf 1st rounder this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Finally someone gets my point, I am a huge Seguin supporter, but if the Bs management is not going to play the kid then why not consider a block buster trade with him in mind.  If the cup is within reach with a trade then do so.  I hope Dallas tanks in the next few weeks.  

Couple more thoughts on the "run for the cup".  What shouldn't be lost here, is the GM's foremost reponsibility.  Selling tickets, working within a budget, and icing a competitive team so as to sell tickets well into the future.  That's his key to career longevity.  Coaches and players....that's a different story.  High draft picks sell tickets, they give the marketing department much to balyhoo about moving forward.  Joe Thornton did it, Bobby Orr did it, and Seguin's done it.
    I'd be surprised if PC mortgages the future too much, for a run this year.  Simply because there isn't anything you can do to guarantee the big prize, but you can really de rail the future.  You can only give yourself a shot, and hope things play out well for you.  He's got Savards money, so he'll do something he wouldn't have done a month ago, but other than that..........
    A couple tweaks, and the B's have a shot, if the gods are smiling.  A few in season tweaks, and the B's have a shot for the next several years, and my bet is PC plays his hand that way.
    Among his peers, PC's greatest accomplishment, is the fact that he's sold out his barn for an entire calendar year,... for the first time in 40 years.  Me thinks his top priority is continuing that, therefore I don't foresee anything involving core players, and I suspect they see Seguin in that group sooner than later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Isla,the difference is that everyone knew exactly what they were getting/dealing when Gretzky was traded.Seguin is a player with 50 games under his belt who,according to opinions here,could be a star or could be a Daigle.Like BB pointed out to you,if Seguin wasn't in Boston already,it's unlikely PC would be willing to move the Leaf 1st rounder this year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, think of the connection that Toronto #1 pick this year and Seguin in his current playing status as comparable to gain a player that could win the Cup. So I understand BB point of view but the same argument can be used to why he would be an option in a trade.  Not many would on this board.  BTW, in the Gretzky trade it was Jimmy Carson and picks, Edmonton lost.  So if the right player was offered then yes Seguin would be an option.  My only claim here is Seguin is not major piece on the chessboard or the Bs this year.  

Yet, I agree PC is cautious, and I have said so many times here.  He will stay the course, no major deal is in the making.  I like to think PC could be lucky like Holmgern was with Ville Leino.  On the other hand he could be like Holmgren did with Partrick Sharp. Ha.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Dez, think of the connection that Toronto #1 pick this year and Seguin in his current playing status as comparable to gain a player that could win the Cup. So I understand BB point of view but the same argument can be used to why he would be an option in a trade.  Not many would on this board.  BTW, in the Gretzky trade it was Jimmy Carson and picks, Edmonton lost.  So if the right player was offered then yes Seguin would be an option.  My only claim here is Seguin is not major piece on the chessboard or the Bs this year.   Yet, I agree PC is cautious, and I have said so many times here.  He will stay the course, no major deal is in the making.  I like to think PC could be lucky like Holmgern was with Ville Leino.  On the other hand he could be like Holmgren did with Partrick Sharp. Ha.  
    Are you saying the Oilers lost the deal because they won the CUP a couple of times shortly after?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Are you saying the Oilers lost the deal because they won the CUP a couple of times shortly after?

Wrong, my friend. They won the Cup once and then spiralled downward and haven't recovered since.

Is that what you want from your team? One Cup and oblivion.

Thanks, but, no thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Wrong, my friend. They won the Cup once and then spiralled downward and haven't recovered since. Is that what you want from your team? One Cup and oblivion. Thanks, but, no thanks!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    I'd take 1 cup win thank you very much.Plus,as I've already asked,how would dealing the Leafs pick have any bearing on our core players moving forward?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : I'd take 1 cup win thank you very much.Plus,as I've already asked,how would dealing the Leafs pick have any bearing on our core players moving forward?

Yeah i'd take one cup as well. Rather than two picks one cup(eventually).. See what I did there. Smutty!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Are you saying the Oilers lost the deal because they won the CUP a couple of times shortly after?

Dez they did not win the Cup with Jimmy Carson and those picks.  Again Seguin is a piece of trade material no matter how you slice it, the Bs yes do need a Cup soon as others have said above. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Dez they did not win the Cup with Jimmy Carson and those picks.  Again Seguin is a piece of trade material no matter how you slice it, the Bs yes do need a Cup soon as others have said above. 
    Oilers won the trade in the 2nd season after trading the best player in the world.Regardless of the names of the players left on the roster from that deal,I'd still have to call the Oilers the winners in that transaction.Anyway Isla,I would be shocked to see Seguin dealt anytime soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Are you kidding me!?  Some of you want to trade a number 2 overall draft pick based on 50 games played.  There have been many more stars that have had slow starts in their 1st year or two in the league than have taken the league by storm.  Oh and my buddy readsocks who knows more than the many scouts who are paid to do the job, already knows how Seguin's career will go.  Perhaps you should approach PC for a job.  Oh I know - screw you because you are entitlled to your opinion.  You are right that you are but you are basing your opinion on an 18 year old boy (now 19) playing with men.  In a few years he will be a man playing with men.  He will still have his speed and his shot but he will now be tougher to push off the puck.  If he is still a bust then I will bow to you all knowing hockey guru. 

Oh I also hope Tyler gained a new perspective from the press box on how to play good defensive hockey watching the Bruins allows 12 goals in the last two games.  Until you have a Stanley Cup line-up (see the Red Wings) play the kid over some of your veteran bums Clod.  If you make a good trade PC that turns this team from a medium shot to a real contender than you can sit Seguin and let him watch something worth watching.

GO Bruins and go Seguin - prove these guys wrong!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade option: Seguin? : Neither could Stamkos in year one of his career.

Well wait for year 2 , cause year 1 he is far from a "Stud". Some guys watch too much tv

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Not a chance, he is clearly a kid in a mans game.....give it time.

Sections
Shortcuts