Trade prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

Trade prediction

Within 24 hours I predict a trade very similar to this will be made..

Kaberle and 3rd rounder Tor got from Phily

for Wheeler, 2nd rounder from Bos (min pick) and probably Kampfer or prospect.

Kelly fills in for Wheeler, we drop "one round" in the draft from a 2nd to a 3rd, and give up a prospect.

I can live with that if it happens...and signs point to it.

Burke has said "we have the Philly 3rd on the table in an ongoing discussion"
    He's also stated he's talked trade with the B's in last 24 hours..AND the Kelly deal tonight should allow Chiarelli to move Wheeler.

Just my 2cp but I'm pretty confident something like this will shake out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Trade prediction

I think this is a deal that could happen.  I actually don't like moving Kamp but it makes sense for both sides. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Kampfer would have to be included and now that PC gave up his own 2nd rounder he might be keeping that 2nd rounder from Minn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

PC should keep Kampfer unless he's a throw in to get Bogosian. Kaberle would be a good plan "b" but not at any cost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Did you all see Kaberle last night - if you could stand watching that embarrassment.  Not that impressive.  Not worth a pick and Kampfer.  I wouldn't trade for him at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Trade prediction:
    [QUOTE]Did you all see Kaberle last night - if you could stand watching that embarrassment.  Not that impressive.  Not worth a pick and Kampfer.  I wouldn't trade for him at all.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

I agree, but not many on here do, they believe he is the 2nd coming, will he ever get ripped on here when he arrives, seems like Pc wants him no matter that he is a rental.

He is not worth a Wheeler and Kelly is not near as good as Wheeler, he is just higher priced than Campbell, maybe not as good.

Send Kelly instead of Wheeler if that is what must be done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

send rask back to toronto send wheeler packing to toronto , cant win if he cant score , the team needs to improve cant win with nobody ya all say savy , 2 concussions time for him to hang his skates up , 7 million a year we should be able to get a #1 defence man plus a goalie to replace rask  patrick lalime and joe thorton would solve the problem its time the bruins spent some of jacobs sock money

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You are more likely to see Stuart go to TO than Wheeler.  He's been a disaster since he checked back in, often out of position.  Stuart and a pick for kabs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It will likely be Kaberle for one of either Wheeler or Stuart/Boychuck and the Bruins 3rd pick. If the Bruins sign Kaberle to an extension then the 3rd may be flipped to Minnisota's 2nd.

Just read some Toronto commentary boards and you will get a sense of how he has outstayed his welcome  with the leafs. He will not be as expensive as many of you think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Penner to the Bruins for Wheeler + something. Oil needs a big centre and the Oil/Bruins have a history of trading with each other. ( i just won't leave this alone).

And then we get Jay Boumeester from the Flames - they get Boychuck and a pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NO, Stuart has not been a disaster. Boychuck is the disaster, and if Seidenberg and Chara had not stunk out the barn, there would have ben a win last nite. Of course, Timmy was not exactly his usual self for the 4th game in a row. Has Claude forgotten he has Tuuka?? I've never been a Kaberle fan, but he is better than Boychuck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

Stuart, not Kampfer

In Response to Trade prediction:
    [QUOTE]Within 24 hours I predict a trade very similar to this will be made.. Kaberle and 3rd rounder Tor got from Phily for Wheeler, 2nd rounder from Bos (min pick) and probably Kampfer or prospect. Kelly fills in for Wheeler, we drop "one round" in the draft from a 2nd to a 3rd, and give up a prospect. I can live with that if it happens...and signs point to it. Burke has said "we have the Philly 3rd on the table in an ongoing discussion" He's also stated he's talked trade with the B's in last 24 hours..AND the Kelly deal tonight should allow Chiarelli to move Wheeler. Just my 2cp but I'm pretty confident something like this will shake out.
    Posted by BattlingB[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]It will likely be Kaberle for one of either Wheeler or Stuart/Boychuck and the Bruins 3rd pick. If the Bruins sign Kaberle to an extension then the 3rd may be flipped to Minnisota's 2nd. Just read some Toronto commentary boards and you will get a sense of how he has outstayed his welcome  with the leafs. He will not be as expensive as many of you think.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I'm OK w/the above trade for Kabs, but hope it's Stuart rather than Boychuk who I still think can play his way out of this year's funk.

But if it comes down to Kampfer or no Kabs, PC should walk away. Getting Kaberle but giving up the only other defenseman the Bruins have who can actually skate with some speed and score goals is an exercise in neutral futility.

Kaberle is no answer, though, to the B's getting out of round 2, much less round one. It's my sincere belief that unless PC pulls off something major by sending off Toronto's 1st round pick, this team is still road kill in the post season.

Really--if it stops at Kelly and Kaberle, is anyone actually thinking Stanley Cup?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

As long as we trade our pick and not the pick from Toronto I'm fine with it.  Not sure how much of an upgrade it'll be though.  Still see one and done in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I would not like to see Kampfer go, but with David Warofsky coming up soon they may think of him as a possible replacement. With a top 5 pick from the Leafs a really good prospect may be coming over too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Our teams defensive play took a major hit when Stuart subbed back in.  I've not been impressed.  I like Kaberle OK.  He's not amazing, but sometimes his playmaking is pretty slick.  I'd rather him on the roster than Stuart.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I doubt it will be Kampfer. His skill set is what PC is looking for and he is on an entry-level contract for the next couple of years. Replacing him with Kaberle is nonsensical.

We need to trade to our strengths...stay at home d-men of whom we have plenty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Trade prediction:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade prediction : I'm OK w/the above trade for Kabs, but hope it's Stuart rather than Boychuk who I still think can play his way out of this year's funk. Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I really like Stuart allot but if it means Kaberle then you have to do it he doen't have Boychuk's slapper and no TTBI these two moves don't mean cup but I also don't think this will be the last move for depth by PC need that winger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

To get Kaberle from TOR. The B's will have to part with 3 of these players. Caron, Wheeler, Colborne, Hamill, Stuart, Kampfer. Im guessing it will be Stuart, Wheeler and Hamill. Then then might throw in a pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

[QUOTE]You are more likely to see Stuart go to TO than Wheeler.  He's been a disaster since he checked back in, often out of position.  Stuart and a pick for kabs.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure about that...Since Stuarts been back hes played in  5 games  has a goal and 2 assists is a plus 5 has 13 hits and 8 blocks.  Looks like he has been pretty solid since his return. Meanwhile, everyone thinks kabs is bobby orr, hes not we should focus on a guy like liles or bouwmeester

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade prediction : I'm not too sure about that...Since Stuarts been back hes played in  5 games  has a goal and 2 assists is a plus 5 has 13 hits and 8 blocks.  Looks like he has been pretty solid since his return. Meanwhile, everyone thinks kabs is bobby orr, hes not we should focus on a guy like liles or bouwmeester
    Posted by BamBamNeely[/QUOTE]

Agree Stuart has solid defensive skills but we';re loaded right now with stay-at-homes. The need is for a guy like Kaberle--if not actually him--who can spark and QB the disastrous PP.

Don't include me in the ranks that thinks Kabs is the next Bobby Orr. I don't even think he's the next Kris Letang, but his game fits what the Bruins need right now.

Maybe Bouwmeester would benefit from a change of scenery but he's having a pretty miserable year w/Calgary and his cap hit is $6.5 M.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree, we have many of the same type of d-men that we can dangle for a trade for Kaberle or another like him. To use Kampfer as trade bait is pointless and counterproductive.

However, you do not want Bouwmeester. He is overpaid and overrated. His claim to fame was being the best defenceman on a terrible team (Florida). Now he is the third best defenceman (Gioradano and Rhegier are better) on a slightly less terrible team in Calgary. Just ask any Flame fan how much they regret signing him.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade prediction : Agree Stuart has solid defensive skills but we';re loaded right now with stay-at-homes. The need is for a guy like Kaberle--if not actually him--who can spark and QB the disastrous PP. Don't include me in the ranks that thinks Kabs is the next Bobby Orr. I don't even think he's the next Kris Letang, but his game fits what the Bruins need right now. Maybe Bouwmeester would benefit from a change of scenery but he's having a pretty miserable year w/Calgary and his cap hit is $6.5 M.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Can we just STOP with "predictions"?!?!!  Such a waste

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade prediction : Agree Stuart has solid defensive skills but we';re loaded right now with stay-at-homes. The need is for a guy like Kaberle--if not actually him--who can spark and QB the disastrous PP. Don't include me in the ranks that thinks Kabs is the next Bobby Orr. I don't even think he's the next Kris Letang, but his game fits what the Bruins need right now. Maybe Bouwmeester would benefit from a change of scenery but he's having a pretty miserable year w/Calgary and his cap hit is $6.5 M.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I find more value in John Michael Liles over Kaberle.  Liles has another year on his contract, is two and half years younger and puts up the same numbers as Kaberle but seems to be a better skater. Liles is a type that will surprise you.  We don't see him often enough to really critique but he could be a player in the Eastern Conference and could fit in nicely playing with either Boychuk or McQuaid.  Bouwmeester is a bit unrealistic, we need to come to grips with the fact that Kaberle is not as good as we have made him out to be and will not bring this team to a championship and its not worth trading young talent for a rental player that is quesitonable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

It will not take 3 players to get Kaberle, he sits in the drivers seat having named Boston as the only team he would wave his no trade clause to go to.

Sections
Shortcuts