Trade prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Trade prediction

Liles is undersized and has had his "issues" with management and coaches in the past. As you said, he has another year with a 4.2 mill cap hit so he carries more of a risk then Kaberle who is a UFA in the summer....

In Response to Re: Trade prediction:
    In Response to Re: Trade prediction : I find more value in John Michael Liles over Kaberle.  Liles has another year on his contract, is two and half years younger and puts up the same numbers as Kaberle but seems to be a better skater. Liles is a type that will surprise you.  We don't see him often enough to really critique but he could be a player in the Eastern Conference and could fit in nicely playing with either Boychuk or McQuaid.  Bouwmeester is a bit unrealistic, we need to come to grips with the fact that Kaberle is not as good as we have made him out to be and will not bring this team to a championship and its not worth trading young talent for a rental player that is quesitonable.
    Posted by BamBamNeely

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

It will not take 3 players to get Kaberle, he sits in the drivers seat having named Boston as the only team he would wave his no trade clause to go to.
    Posted by john6345

I agree. I think the Kelly trade means we'll be moving a forward out (i'm thinking Wheeler) + a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Nothing more!

If this happens, you got to be thinking a 3rd trade is in the works. This move alone puts us at a depth of 8 NHL caliber D-men. Maybe Chia is working the phones for a top tier winger.

Kaberle will bring some stability to the PP and I think it is an upgrade but I would have loved to see the B's make a run for Brent Burns!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Burns would be nice but I find it difficult to see why Minnesota would want to trade him...If we try tom make it "worth their while" then we will end up overpaying for him....

In Response to Re: Trade prediction : I agree. I think the Kelly trade means we'll be moving a forward out (i'm thinking Wheeler) + a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Nothing more! If this happens, you got to be thinking a 3rd trade is in the works. This move alone puts us at a depth of 8 NHL caliber D-men. Maybe Chia is working the phones for a top tier winger. Kaberle will bring some stability to the PP and I think it is an upgrade but I would have loved to see the B's make a run for Brent Burns!
    Posted by Ronstar8

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

Liles is undersized and has had his "issues" with management and coaches in the past. As you said, he has another year with a 4.2 mill cap hit so he carries more of a risk then Kaberle who is a UFA in the summer.... In Response to Re: Trade prediction :
    Posted by jmwalters

So trade some talented young players for a rental guy that hasn't seen the playoffs since before the lockout?  Sounds like a great move.  Remember Kris Versteeg was one of the those young talented guys we traded in order to get Brandon Bochenski for a playoff run.  I mean that worked out so let's do it again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Burns would be nice but I find it difficult to see why Minnesota would want to trade him...If we try tom make it "worth their while" then we will end up overpaying for him.... In Response to Re: Trade prediction :
    Posted by jmwalters

Good point. But it depends on what your interpretation of overpaying means. If it would mean one of our stay-at-home D-men (Stuart or Boychuck or McQuaid) + roster forward or top prospect (Wheeler or Colbourne or Caron) + our 1st round pick, I'm not so sure that's overpaying.

We would keep TOR's 1st pick and with it draft accordingly. Instead of drafting for solid, young D-man (Laarson), they could shift their focus to a forward like Nugent-Hopkins, Couturier, Landeskog or Huberdeau. I'm convinced the TOR pick will be a top 5!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It will not take 3 players to get Kaberle, he sits in the drivers seat having named Boston as the only team he would wave his no trade clause to go to.
    Posted by john6345

That's what I thought I understood Kaberle to say. 

So it sounds like Kaberle wants to come to Boston for some reason in particular.

Sounds like if they can't trade for Kaberle now, he will sign with the Bruins in the offseason.

Also, I don't understand how the Leafs would have any bargaining power whatever if Kaberle said he only wants to go to Boston.  That sounds exactly like the Morris situation last year where he said he would only go to phoenix, so we had no negotiating power whatsoever and got next to nothing on that deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am not saying that a rental is a better otion but that PC may think it a lesser risk than a possible future cap hit he is stuck with should Liles not be the answer. If Kaberle is doing well he can be re-signed and if not then jettisoned.

All trades have elements of risk to them. I think PC is at heart a low risk guy so the rental may be the road he takes.

In Response to Re: Trade prediction : So trade some talented young players for a rental guy that hasn't seen the playoffs since before the lockout?  Sounds like a great move.  Remember Kris Versteeg was one of the those young talented guys we traded in order to get Brandon Bochenski for a playoff run.  I mean that worked out so let's do it again.
    Posted by BamBamNeely

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree. The term "overpaying" is relative. What is likely, however, is that Minnesota does not need to trade Burns so their asking price will be higher than Kaberle's would be...whether the higher price is worth it or not would be up to PC of course...

In Response to Re: Trade prediction : Good point. But it depends on what your interpretation of overpaying means. If it would mean one of our stay-at-home D-men (Stuart or Boychuck or McQuaid) + roster forward or top prospect (Wheeler or Colbourne or Caron) + our 1st round pick, I'm not so sure that's overpaying. We would keep TOR's 1st pick and with it draft accordingly. Instead of drafting for solid, young D-man (Laarson), they could shift their focus to a forward like Nugent-Hopkins, Couturier, Landeskog or Huberdeau. I'm convinced the TOR pick will be a top 5!
    Posted by Ronstar8

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

No Kaberle, No Kaberle, No Kaberle, No Kaberle, No Kaberle, No Kaberle, No Kaberle !  Oh ! Did mention ? No Kaberle !

Sections
Shortcuts