Trade Pressure?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Trade Pressure?

Were the bruins gripping their sticks too tight the last few games cause they knew someone was gonna get traded... They look like theyre playing a little more free tonight. If that is the case, in a few weeks when sturm is ready to come back, do you think the bruins players will feel the pressure and freeze up again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Trade Pressure?

I believe the theory is untrue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It is entirely possible that the pressure of an impending trade had a negative effect on the team.  I hope that we don't see a similar issue when Sturm is almost ready to return, but it wouldn't surprise me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I believe it's a case of the team losing faith, or disagreeing with it's coach & his tactics! Sheppard. This team is lost PERIOD! Sure the out come of their mediocore play was a different result, but this was not a performance of a contender! FAR FROM IT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrightonChick. Show BrightonChick's posts

I listened to the game on the radio so I didn't SEE them but it didn't sound like the Bs were playing exceptionally well - they were playing better than Philly and with Thomas in top form.  That being said I think I agree with the initial post.  I'd like to think these guys can block out trade stress but this is something I deal with in the business world (people knowing job changes are coming) and it always creeps into performance, especially when changes could come anytime and the results (who? where?) are uncertain.  It affects the subconscious, affects sleep, tires people out mentally. 

I hope I'm wrong and that hockey players are a different breed...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

Sure, I think they felt the pressure.  Not only cause of the impending trades, but because they haven't played a full 60 minutes since the LA game.  All of a sudden the scoring became more difficult, there is a bunch of reasons a team doesn't play well for stretches of time.  I don't understand the contant excusses, or put downs this team has to go through with their fans.. and please don't bring up Jacobs.

It makes a big difference when you can go back to the PP that had success earlier this season by putting a forward at the point, which lead to the first goal.  It makes a big difference when you finally get the first goal in the game.  This team has overal played really well this year, and they haven't reached their full health and peak yet.  Plus there is plenty to look forward to with the young guys coming up in the system.  For *@^^ sakes, enjoy it already!! 

Sections
Shortcuts