Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev

Ottawa is in no need of a #2 centre. They have Spezza/Fisher or Fisher/Spezza as theri 1-2 at centre.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Yaz, put down the bong. 

The last thing that the Bruins need is another player who phones it in for long periods of time.  We all hoped that Horton would be motivated by playing for a contender, and would put in a full effort every game.  That obviously did not happen.  The only positive that Kovalev would bring to the Bruins is that Horton's work ethic would look good in comparison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

screw-
    spezza is done for a while.  kovy is terrible baggage.  i hate his effort. he would be the best player on the planet if he had a heart.  he is the tinman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Hell no.
    Kovalev makes Brad Boyes look like a consistent contributor, much less Michael Ryder.  Also, Kovalev's cap hit is larger than Savards.

And lastly, Kovalev is a UFA in about 4.5 months, Savard is signed long term. There would need to be picks or prospects coming back. But if the Sens thrown in Karlsson, DEAL!

In Response to Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev:
    Why Ottawa would do it: Kovalev has struggled to produce enough to warrant his 5M salary per year. He has been benched already several games. Savard though has a longer contract is a hometown boy, can fill the teams need for a 2nd line centre.  Why Boston would do it : Mainly Salary cap reasons and that Seguin should be playing Centre. Bergeron and Krejci are not going anywhere for a long while Kovalev is farmiliar with CJ's System and played some of his best hockey under him. He is 37 but would still be a tremendous asset on the powerplay especially. Having Savard right now at centre is a luxury. I think ever since his injury plus rumors that the Bruins wanted to trade him in the off season his play has been ineffective. Even IF his health comesback 100 percent i think his time maybe up with us. Playing for his hometown, alongside Kovalchuk or Kessel for example would be a nice fresh of air for him.  New Bruins lineup if trade executed Wheeler Krejci Horton Kovalev Seguin Lucic Marchand Bergeron Recchi Thornton Campbell Ryder
    Posted by yaz16

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Fisher could move down to be the 3rd centre and Savard can easily slip to the #2 spot. Even with Spezza and Fisher, they would still need another centre. 

I never stated Kovalev would be a tremendous asset in return. But he does two things. One match with Savard's salary to make a trade possible and 2nd like i stated he did play some of his best hockey under CJ. I can't see him playing much worst then he is in a crappy senators system. 

Ever since Savard has comeback also our lineup hasn't been any better. Seguin should play centre or should build experience playing. What are you going to do in two to three years having 5 centres with only 4 spots avail? (3 top three spot)

Something has to give and Bergeron, Krejci are definitely here to stay for the long haul. campbell if he keeps up his play could stay here a while also as the 4th line centre. Seguin can't be expected to play wing forever

Savard's value has dropped alot ever since his injury and his long term deal also doesn't help. If Ottawa would do this trade, you really could not , not think about it at least

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev:
    Hell no. Kovalev makes Brad Boyes look like a consistent contributor, much less Michael Ryder.  Also, Kovalev's cap hit is larger than Savards. And lastly, Kovalev is a UFA in about 4.5 months, Savard is signed long term. There would need to be picks or prospects coming back. But if the Sens thrown in Karlsson, DEAL! In Response to Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Savard for Kovy and Karlsson???

Is John Ferguson becoming the GM of Ottawa?   Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Hey, there's one born every minute...

Besides, assuming the Bruins had cap space for it, it is concievably a good trade for both teams, sorta... :-) The Sens would probably fall into the lottery, and improve their and have a cheap high quality second #1 center.

In Response to Re: Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev : Savard for Kovy and Karlsson??? Is John Ferguson becoming the GM of Ottawa?  
    Posted by BruWingFan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Ottawa will not throw anything in extra to obtain the fragile Savard. It would be a one to one trade with likely chance the Bruins would have to include something else

Maybe anyone from Providence outside of Arniel, Suave, Colborne or 3rd round pick. They are after all taking a bigger risk in bringing in Savard's long term salary

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whatever trades Chiarelli does eventually (while I watch the grass grow) come up with I don't think he will help a team in the same division let a lone a team that is within reach of 8th place in the conference. I look for PC to keep making deals out west where he should to make sure it doesn't come back to bite him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev:
    Why Ottawa would do it: Kovalev has struggled to produce enough to warrant his 5M salary per year. He has been benched already several games. Savard though has a longer contract is a hometown boy, can fill the teams need for a 2nd line centre.  Why Boston would do it : Mainly Salary cap reasons and that Seguin should be playing Centre. Bergeron and Krejci are not going anywhere for a long while Kovalev is farmiliar with CJ's System and played some of his best hockey under him. He is 37 but would still be a tremendous asset on the powerplay especially. Having Savard right now at centre is a luxury. I think ever since his injury plus rumors that the Bruins wanted to trade him in the off season his play has been ineffective. Even IF his health comesback 100 percent i think his time maybe up with us. Playing for his hometown, alongside Kovalchuk or Kessel for example would be a nice fresh of air for him.  New Bruins lineup if trade executed Wheeler Krejci Horton Kovalev Seguin Lucic Marchand Bergeron Recchi Thornton Campbell Ryder
    Posted by yaz16

I would not be surprised if Marc Savard is an Ottawa Senator by the end of the week. Not sure for who but Ottawa are desperate & I would think Bryan Murray's job is on the line. Not sure if Ottawa are willing to take on that contract but they are running out of options and Spezza is gone for a while.

I realize Savard needs time to get his offensive game back but he has been atrocious since his return. He is a -8 after 14 games. His lack of offence doesn't concern me as much as his defence. He has always been a turnover machine. 

All this & CJ has catered to him since his return to try and get him going. He has put him on the 1st PP unit & has now given him Horton & Lucic & Lucic is probably having his worse stretch of the season since being placed with Savard.

Why was Savard on the ice tonight in the last minute? He has been terrible defensively this season. Moronic decision by CJ probably made just totry & keep "Savvy" happy. This team appears to be in chaos since his return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fisher could move down to be the 3rd centre and Savard can easily slip to the #2 spot. Even with Spezza and Fisher, they would still need another centre.  I never stated Kovalev would be a tremendous asset in return. But he does two things. One match with Savard's salary to make a trade possible and 2nd like i stated he did play some of his best hockey under CJ. I can't see him playing much worst then he is in a crappy senators system.  Ever since Savard has comeback also our lineup hasn't been any better. Seguin should play centre or should build experience playing. What are you going to do in two to three years having 5 centres with only 4 spots avail? (3 top three spot) Something has to give and Bergeron, Krejci are definitely here to stay for the long haul. campbell if he keeps up his play could stay here a while also as the 4th line centre. Seguin can't be expected to play wing forever Savard's value has dropped alot ever since his injury and his long term deal also doesn't help. If Ottawa would do this trade, you really could not , not think about it at least
    Posted by yaz16

This idea isn't as bad as some are making it.Both players could use a change from the looks of the way they're playing.Shuper is right on about Kovalev though.World class talent with no heart.Savard has shown very brief  glimpses of his game of his game returning but he's become like Ryder in that his inconsistency is beyond game to game,Now it's from shift to shift.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'd rather see the Bruins go after Scottie Upshall (I was going to say Alexander Semin but I wanted to be a little more realistic.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I'd rather see the Bruins go after Scottie Upshall (I was going to say Alexander Semin but I wanted to be a little more realistic.)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

CJ + Semin = Disaster

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev : I would not be surprised if Marc Savard is an Ottawa Senator by the end of the week. Not sure for who but Ottawa are desperate & I would think Bryan Murray's job is on the line. Not sure if Ottawa are willing to take on that contract but they are running out of options and Spezza is gone for a while. I realize Savard needs time to get his offensive game back but he has been atrocious since his return. He is a -8 after 14 games. His lack of offence doesn't concern me as much as his defence. He has always been a turnover machine.  All this & CJ has catered to him since his return to try and get him going. He has put him on the 1st PP unit & has now given him Horton & Lucic & Lucic is probably having his worse stretch of the season since being placed with Savard. Why was Savard on the ice tonight in the last minute? He has been terrible defensively this season. Moronic decision by CJ probably made just totry & keep "Savvy" happy. This team appears to be in chaos since his return.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

My point exactly Newfie, WHY??  And for what it's worth, Savard's ALWAYS been weak defensively, it's not just this season, which makes his appearance last night even more baffling.  Unless of course B's are trying to showcase him as being more of a 2-way player (which, to be fair, he has become during his time here in Boston).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev : This idea isn't as bad as some are making it.Both players could use a change from the looks of the way they're playing.Shuper is right on about Kovalev though.World class talent with no heart.Savard has shown very brief  glimpses of his game of his game returning but he's become like Ryder in that his inconsistency is beyond game to game,Now it's from shift to shift.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez , just a reminder !

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1&plckUserId=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1">
    First: 1/3/2010
    Last: 1/2/2011

I'm at a point where I've realised that if yaz and I are in agreement,I'm probably wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev : This idea isn't as bad as some are making it.Both players could use a change from the looks of the way they're playing.Shuper is right on about Kovalev though.World class talent with no heart.Savard has shown very brief  glimpses of his game of his game returning but he's become like Ryder in that his inconsistency is beyond game to game,Now it's from shift to shift.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Remember how long it took Bergy to get his game back after missing most of a year due to concussion?  That's right, it took him the better part a season and a half.  Due to other injuries and his concussion, Savard's played relatively few games in the past 15 months, so this process is likely to take a while.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

1 head case for another?? Looks like Savard is at least trying to get himself in the game by agitating - fighting - being physical, even though he's taking stupid penalties. I wouldn't even send Kovalev to Montreal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

1 head case for another?? Looks like Savard is at least trying to get himself in the game by agitating - fighting - being physical, even though he's taking stupid penalties. I wouldn't even send Kovalev to Montreal!
    Posted by number08

The headcase we will receive back won't be here after 4.5 months is the difference. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev : The headcase we will receive back won't be here after 4.5 months is the difference. 
    Posted by yaz16

Don't hate this idea yaz....maybe Savard & Paille for Kovalev to make the dollars work?

This four centers (Savard, Krejci, Berergon & Seguin) for three spots thing has to work itself out sometime, especially with all under either contract or B's control for the foreseeable future.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I don't know what was said in the post following the original post because I felt like puking.  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!  

YAZ16 --- you are now on ignore because if you suggest this -- you have absolutley nothing of quality to offer this board--- GET A CLUE!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

People can sure turn on a guy. quickly.
    I don't expect to see the "real" Savard for at least another month.
    I am always amazed at the insensitivity that some "fans" show towards the players that are playing for the team they cheer for.
    It's like people are cheering for the jerseys, and don't care who's in them, as long as they are helping the jerseys win games.
    Maybe the NHL should go back to not putting names on the back. Then we don't have to worry about the people playing the game. We can just sit back and cheer for those magnificent jerseys.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Trade proposal: Savard for Kovalev : dez , just a reminder ! www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1&plckUserId=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1 " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1&plckUserId=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1 " target="_parent"> dezaruchi Posts: 1840 First: 1/3/2010 Last: 1/2/2011 I'm at a point where I've realised that if yaz and I are in agreement,I'm probably wrong.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I know but as you can see,I only stated it "isn't as bad as some are making it" out to be.Not exactly sayiing go for it.You're right though.I'll stick with my original statement.Thanks for the reminder.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

People can sure turn on a guy. quickly. I don't expect to see the "real" Savard for at least another month. I am always amazed at the insensitivity that some "fans" show towards the players that are playing for the team they cheer for. It's like people are cheering for the jerseys, and don't care who's in them, as long as they are helping the jerseys win games. Maybe the NHL should go back to not putting names on the back. Then we don't have to worry about the people playing the game. We can just sit back and cheer for those magnificent jerseys.
    Posted by biggskye

Thinking/speculating about how you can improve the team you support should not be confused with insensitivity.  Only a couple of people took gratuitous shots at Savard, the rest of the thread seems pretty objective to me. 

Savard is 12-29-41 over his last 62 games, which translates to a 54-point guy.  Also -4 over that same span.  If Savard is not producing, it becomes more difficult to accept the other deficiencies in his game.  Participating in a little trade talk doesn't hurt anyone, as I am sure no player/coach/GM/executive/owner reads any of this. 

Do agree, biggskye that we have not seen the best of Savard yet.

Sections
Shortcuts