Trade Talk :Penner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Trade Talk :Penner

I think Dustin Penner from Edmonton is Boston's best option this year. I don't know why Boston would try to get another centremen to replace Savard.
    Krecji and Bergeron are both top line centres. Campbell, Seguin, Wheeler, Colbourne, etc are great current and potential 3rd and 4th line centres.
    Penner can play LW or RW. 6feet4inches and 245 lbs. Loves to play in front of net/around the boards. Would probably elevate his physical play with Boston.
    I would give up Boston's first round pick for him; maybe another conditional pick and a prospect.  Edmonton could want a tough D in Stuart also..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

Re: Trade Talk :Penner

Send the first and Stuart for Bogosian. Third overall behind Stamkos first doughty second. Big gritty D and can move the puck this is your PMD

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Our defense is fine. Kampfer will grow in the typical PMD role. The D has been jumping in the play more often now. I think that's the big difference this year, reference goals scored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I don't think Penner is good enough to make that much of a difference

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pbergeron,

I will answer it.  You keep Bergie/Recchi/Marchand together and Horton drops. 
    Penner is better than all our wingers not named Lucic.  And I think Penners overall game is better b/c.
    a. he scores more
    b. has more speed
    c. is used to kill penalties.

But if I had to sit them everyone but Lucic.

And Penner is a proven scorer and is a big body that is great down low.  He doesnt hit a lot...but in a puck possession world he would be our best fwd down low. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And just to follow up.

I believe Wheeler and Staurt likely makes the deal happen.  Edmonton need top line centers and we have none to spare.  They also need dmen and 3-4 line type players.   Stuart would fill a top 4 dman spot and wheeler would fill the bottom 6 fwd spot. 

Penner would do a few things.  He would upgrade our PP.  He can also kill PIMS.  and he would be an ideal fit for the East with his massive size and decent speed. 

I like his game.  Krejci/Lucic/Penner  How do you contain that line?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Penner would replace Wheeler in some capacity. His (Wheels) contract expires this year and so does Stewart's so if Edmonton is dumping salary they could pick up 2 servicable NHL players for the rest of the season with no long term comittment. If they were also looking for a center I'd throw in Hammil (auditioning for a trade right now) and make sure some sort of pick comes back the other way (late rounder).

Penner has a $4.25 cap hit for this year and next, most of which would be made up by dealing the aforementioned (W = $2.2, S = $1.675).

Edmontone is out of the playoff hunt and in the West do this makes tons of sense.

I say "make it happen"!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would love to see Penner on the Bruins and would give up Boston's first, Wheeler and Stuart but I'd want one of the Oilers D prospects back with Penner. Then PC would still have money for defensive depth. I think Stuart's position will be up for grabs between Alexandrov and Bartkowski this fall.

I'm seriously beginning to think if Hamill picks it up even more Wheeler is part of a deal with one of the four picks PC has in the first two rounds of the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Watching the Bruins has been interesting, and reading these thoughts make me wonder if others are watching the same team. Lucic/Kreji/Horton looked great last nite. Shows what a few games of being together can do for the chemistry which has been disrupted by Claude's shuffling. Looking at Penner's stats, he is definitely an upgrade over Wheeler, but also double the salary. And what about Ryder?? He definitely blows hot and cold even in the same game. Should we not replace him?? Does that make Hamill the de facto Savard replacement?? Not a bad choice,but I would imagine that Chia wants more. Then look at Campbell's line and ask WHY since so many Bruins can take care of themselves do we carry a one-dimensional Thornton?? Put Wheeler and Paille with Campbell and you have great speed and alert PK tendencies which Julien should slobber over. Does that adjust Hamill's line to Include Seguin?? it's a perfect spot for his development. I'm not sure that REX can keep up for the rest of the year, so maybe Caron becomes a fill-in to save REx for the playoffs. That scenario doesn't leave much room for Penner, so maybe, just maybe Chiarelli si looking for a Begosian or Johnson, or Shea Weber as return for Stuart or Boychuck and the PICK. That is a better move when you have Arneil, Sauve, Colborne, Spooner in the pipeline. If Chia makes a deal for Philips he will probably hold on to the PICK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Talk :Penner:
    [QUOTE]Send the first and Stuart for Bogosian. Third overall behind Stamkos first doughty second. Big gritty D and can move the puck this is your PMD
    Posted by alwaysabruin[/QUOTE]

yeah, except there's no chance Atl trades BogosianYell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgower18. Show jgower18's posts

Earlier this week while on NHL on the Fly, Bob Mackenzie said Atlanta MAY be willing to move Bogosian due to a personality conflict. Mackenzie said Atlanta has sat Bogosian and used him at left wing recently. Maybe there's a chance, I'd give Toronto's pick and a current NHL d-man for him in a heartbeat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

this would be easier if segzy could center the 3rd line...

khl line
    mbr line
    penner-segzy-ryder
    soup line