Trade the Number 9 pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Trade the Number 9 pick

I have read that Edmonton would like a 2nd top 10 pick, I have also read that other teams would like to move into the top 10.  I would give the pick to Edmonton for No. 19 or No. 31 and next year's 1st round pick.  What would it take to make you deal the #9 pick in this draft?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

Re: Trade the Number 9 pick

NEVER!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Trade the Number 9 pick:
    I have read that Edmonton would like a 2nd top 10 pick, I have also read that other teams would like to move into the top 10.  I would give the pick to Edmonton for No. 19 or No. 31 and next year's 1st round pick.  What would it take to make you deal the #9 pick in this draft?
    Posted by RickyHussle

No way Stevie T gives up next year's 1st round. He knows his team will continue to $uck and tank and get top 5 picks the next 2+ years. It's his 5 year plan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

So you are saying Edmonton wouldn't even trade next year's #1 for the #9 straight up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Sure. But I want Eberle, Hall, Whitney, and their #1 for the next 10 years in return!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

from all accounts next years draft is very deep...so yes, i would do that package....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

If the Bruins could get EDM#31 & their first next year I am convinced that BB is behing this mugging. So no it will not happen but I like the thought.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

hes asking what would it take for the Bs to trade the pick. You can bet you a $$ that the Bs brass have considered it but , after evaluating what they have in prospects now and how they came along this past season. Spooner, knight etc all the way into caron and the very few from providnce. Just like suggestions trading away rask, the bs know TT is good for another year and whose this kid there high on that was on the playoff roster ? Never say never.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'd want atleast one of a few things:
    1.) Paajarvi(sp?) or Eberle
    2.) 19th Overall (From EDmonton they got in the Penner trade), 31st Overall (this yr) and next year's 2nd rounder (gonna be top 5 in 2nd round)
    3.) Next year's #1 (I want that Russian winger, and given Edmonton's recent history, I expect it to be an EXCELLENT pick-IE they will $uck yet again...shocker, and it should be top 5).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick:
    In Response to Trade the Number 9 pick : No way Stevie T gives up next year's 1st round. He knows his team will continue to $uck and tank and get top 5 picks the next 2+ years. It's his 5 year plan.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

The Penguins model.  It seems to work.   I wouldn't doubt it to see the Oilers
    being a very good team in about 4 to 5 years.  

That's what I hate about the Pens.  Once they start tanking again, the "devoted" fans will disappear, again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : The Penguins model.  It seems to work.   I wouldn't doubt it to see the Oilers being a very good team in about 4 to 5 years.   That's what I hate about the Pens.  Once they start tanking again, the "devoted" fans will disappear, again.
    Posted by Babajingo

ST best be prepared to fill his entire roster with guys from the bargain basement shopping store after their payroll is packed substantially with guys like Gagner, Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, either RNH/Larsson, and top 5 picks they'll have the next 2 years, in the near future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trading the #9 pick is not out of the question. I would have to have an NHL ready defensman and a 1st rounder this year to do it though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Trading the #9 pick is not out of the question. I would have to have an NHL ready defensman and a 1st rounder this year to do it though. Caron was had with the 25th and he is going to be good, maybe not great but good.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I like this if we are talking about a guy who is as good as Ference or better.  If the D man we received was our 3rd best Dman I would not necesarily have to get a first pick back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I will defer to Rick Dudley former GM of Atlanta, and widely regarded as a talent evaluator  when he states ..."But I would say there's no slam dunk. I don't think anybody's trying to trade half their team to get the first pick. I defy anybody to say, 'This guy at No. 1 is way better than No. 9.' "

Based on that Bruins should keep the pick .. and hopefully it will be a Dman with offensive upside and PP specialty..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ryan Whitney.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they could get a legit top six forward or top four defenseman with a decent contract (fair money for a few years), I'd be thrilled if they made the move.

I think Pittsburgh will move a defenseman to get better quality up front.  Crosby, Malkin, Stall and some AHLers won't bring a Cup anytime soon.  They have almost $17 tied up in their top four defenseman, but only have five NHLers (six if you can choose to call Cooke an NHLer) under contract on their forward lines.  According to Cap geek, they have about $7.6M to fill six forward positions while still putting either Lovejoy or Engelland on the ice every night.

The #9 and (pick your Providence Bruin) to Pitt for Kris Letang. 

That's the only deal I'm going to create prior to the draft.  It'll never happen, but at least it makes sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

PC was on Toucher & Rich today and he basically said that there are 3-4 defensemen (not really hard to name 3 of those-IE: Hamilton, Beaulieu, Murphy) that they are looking at very carefully and that they really like.
    He also said that no team has offered him a player for the #9 pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'd want atleast one of a few things: 1.) Paajarvi(sp?) or Eberle 2.) 19th Overall (From EDmonton they got in the Penner trade), 31st Overall (this yr) and next year's 2nd rounder (gonna be top 5 in 2nd round) 3.) Next year's #1 (I want that Russian winger, and given Edmonton's recent history, I expect it to be an EXCELLENT pick-IE they will $uck yet again...shocker, and it should be top 5).
    Posted by Hockguy0818

1. Pajaarvi looks like the second coming of Lucic, maybe even better. (Not calling Looch a great, just saying that Magnus plays a very similiar game) Eberle looks like the real deal, an absolute magician with the puck. His wrist shot spells doom for goalies everywhere. His defense is better than it was, but stll needs some work. He's got hockey sense and skill that just can not be taught. So basically, purely offensive with solid defense, probably one of the smartest guys in the league, not gritty in the least bit, and is really really hard to knock off the puck.

2. I'm with you, the 19 can be used to trade down (ala Bellichick) into the early or mid 20s, where you can snag a guy like Peumpel and gain another pick and prospect in the process, the 31st can be used to grab a guy like Rocco Grimaldi, Connor Murphy, or Ty Rattie, next year's second can either be used to stock the cupboards a little more or can be used as trade bait should the need arise.

3. Next year's first will be huge and could be another franchise altering pick. Use it to take Nail Yakupov, Ryan Murray, or Mikhail Grigorenko. All 3 are can't miss guys (Yakupov is my preference, the kid's f'ing electric!)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

PC was on Toucher & Rich today and he basically said that there are 3-4 defensemen (not really hard to name 3 of those-IE: Hamilton, Beaulieu, Murphy) that they are looking at very carefully and that they really like. He also said that no team has offered him a player for the #9 pick.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

Last one is probably Brodin the swede.
    Would you do trade our pick for Omark and Edmontons first next year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thank the Lord the draft is tonight so I don't have to wade past all these trigger happy posts.

Some of you, if you were out hunting you'd open up an artillery barrage on the first squirrel you saw.

Yes, I can ignore all these fantasy gm posts, but I can also express my opinion that I hate them to death.

I'd like to point out that by my count exactly zero of the 4,893 fantasy trade posts I've seen on here have come true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Thank the Lord the draft is tonight so I don't have to wade past all these trigger happy posts. Some of you, if you were out hunting you'd open up an artillery barrage on the first squirrel you saw. Yes, I can ignore all these fantasy gm posts, but I can also express my opinion that I hate them to death. I'd like to point out that by my count exactly zero of the 4,893 fantasy trade posts I've seen on here have come true.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I think some people miss the point.  I think there is more to fantasy GM stuff then I got it right or I got it wrong.  Most of us don't have to time to follow the Bruins, the OHL, the QMJHL, the WHL and international competition.  A thread like this amounts to a knowledge share of sorts.  It allows myself to get a sense for the value of the #9 pick.  I may not have watched a ton of Eberle in Edmonton but I have read several scouting reports.  SO now I can draw a line between one person's value on Eberle and the #9 pick.  I also follow the other trades which actually happen and I also read a few scouting reports of guys in the 5-11 range.  No matter what PC does tomorrow, I'm not callling for his head but I may be scratching mine if it runs directly at odds with the superficial, surface scratching, information which I have gathered.  It will never make me a GM but it allows me to enjoy one more aspect of the Bruins a little bit more.  Sure it's a little disappointing when 'someone' posts about the 4,893 fantasy trade posts which were wrong, obviously mocking the posters as if they thought they were real at the time, but all in all it is still a very positive experience.

Personally at this point I have come to the conclusion that I will most likely be happiest if the B's keep the pick and take one of the guys in the TSN top 12.  I particularly like in order

Couturier
    Strome
    Murphy
    Zinabadajied
    Beaulieu
    Brodin

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Problem is Ricky, too much of this is misinformation.  Pajaarvi is like Lucic?  Eberle is the second coming of Bossy?

Two questions implicit in your orginal post: what would you look for to trade the #9; would you deal with Edmonton, who wants a second top-ten.  Answer 1: I would want too much for the players anticipated to be available.  I'd say that's the problem with NAS's deal (no way Pitt can afford to lose Letang): there isn't a player on the board who will tempt someone to give up enough to really help the Bruins right now.  So unless you're not convinced by Murphy or Strome or Beaulieu and you want to take a risk on next year's top ten, you make the pick to help the 2015-16 Bruins. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I say keep the pick.  At number 9, you have a shot one of the top 3 defencemen in the draft.  Larsson will be gone, but we have a shot at Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Murphy.  They may be ready for 2013-14 - just when Boychuk and Ference's contracts will be up. 

Bruins will not make a trade to get a higher pick.  Not worth it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I say keep the pick.  At number 9, you have a shot one of the top 3 defencemen in the draft.  Larsson will be gone, but we have a shot at Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Murphy.  They may be ready for 2013-14 - just when Boychuk and Ference's contracts will be up.  Bruins will not make a trade to get a higher pick.  Not worth it.
    Posted by olsonstephanie

Boychuk's contract is up after next year (THANK GOD).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Problem is Ricky, too much of this is misinformation.  Pajaarvi is like Lucic?  Eberle is the second coming of Bossy? Two questions implicit in your orginal post: what would you look for to trade the #9; would you deal with Edmonton, who wants a second top-ten.  Answer 1: I would want too much for the players anticipated to be available.  I'd say that's the problem with NAS's deal (no way Pitt can afford to lose Letang): there isn't a player on the board who will tempt someone to give up enough to really help the Bruins right now.  So unless you're not convinced by Murphy or Strome or Beaulieu and you want to take a risk on next year's top ten, you make the pick to help the 2015-16 Bruins. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

I agree with your assessment, based off of threads like these and the TSN site.  2 Weeks ago I would have no basis for comment.  Again I think threads like these are most useful for determining ballpark values, aka educated guesses.

I believe you are one of the guys who watches more Junior hockey, possibly BadHab is in this group as well, therefore you may be well beyond ballpark values and more into specifics.  I get that and in the threads where the topics are purely about specific picks or prospects from other teams I tend to limit my interaction to reading and asking questions.

Sections
Shortcuts