Trade the Number 9 pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Trade the Number 9 pick

I think I am leaning towards dealing the pick, provided of course, that something worth while is offered.  I posted this in another thread...btu I'm pasting...

It seems to me that they really don't need the pick that badly though, so this may be the time to trade it if they can find another team that is in love with someone at #9 and is willing to overpay for it.  The Bruins have practically all of this past year's team re-signed for next year.  They have several prospects knocking at the door at forward (Caron, Sauve, Spooner), several at defense (Kampfer, Bartkowski, Cohen, Cross) and they have young guys who should get much more ice time (Seguin, Rask) next year.  A top ten pick is always nice, but this might be the time for a 'project' pick or to add more future picks (#9 for a later pick and a 1st rounder next year?), Belichek style.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : I agree with your assessment, based off of threads like these and the TSN site.  2 Weeks ago I would have no basis for comment.  Again I think threads like these are most useful for determining ballpark values, aka educated guesses. I believe you are one of the guys who watches more Junior hockey, possibly BadHab is in this group as well, therefore you may be well beyond ballpark values and more into specifics.  I get that and in the threads where the topics are purely about specific picks or prospects from other teams I tend to limit my interaction to reading and asking questions.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for this year's comments about the draft picks of the Bruins. Last year he was spot on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When is the next time a team set up to be this good for quite some time going to get another top 10 pick ? That has to creep into Chiarelli's and Benning's heads. It will be another "Versteeg" decision (of sorts) if Murphy or Beaulieu were there and turned into studs.

Ahh I'm done over thinking about it should be interesting...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : I can't wait for this year's comments about the draft picks of the Bruins. Last year he was spot on.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

yah, about that...

I thought we agreed never to speak of this?

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : I think some people miss the point.  I think there is more to fantasy GM stuff then I got it right or I got it wrong.  Most of us don't have to time to follow the Bruins, the OHL, the QMJHL, the WHL and international competition.  A thread like this amounts to a knowledge share of sorts.  It allows myself to get a sense for the value of the #9 pick.  I may not have watched a ton of Eberle in Edmonton but I have read several scouting reports.  SO now I can draw a line between one person's value on Eberle and the #9 pick.  I also follow the other trades which actually happen and I also read a few scouting reports of guys in the 5-11 range.  No matter what PC does tomorrow, I'm not callling for his head but I may be scratching mine if it runs directly at odds with the superficial, surface scratching, information which I have gathered.  It will never make me a GM but it allows me to enjoy one more aspect of the Bruins a little bit more.  Sure it's a little disappointing when 'someone' posts about the 4,893 fantasy trade posts which were wrong, obviously mocking the posters as if they thought they were real at the time, but all in all it is still a very positive experience. Personally at this point I have come to the conclusion that I will most likely be happiest if the B's keep the pick and take one of the guys in the TSN top 12.  I particularly like in order Couturier Strome Murphy Zinabadajied Beaulieu Brodin
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

I take your point, but as BB said there is way too much misinformation.

People way overvalue certain players.

I am guilty as well, and I'm still not convinced about Knight.

I don't get a chance to watch jr very much, most of my opnion is based on stats and what I read.  Not watching them play is a big gap.

One thing seems pretty consistent about jr, altho not 100% it seems darn close to it.  Their stats should be on an upward trend.  Down turns in their stats is a huge red flag.  Of course you have to pro-rate things a bit with fewer games played or if they went from minor jr, ushl, college, major jr, and injuries, but all considered if they even flatten or trend down in their jr. career, it's a bad sign.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liberals-Suck-Balls. Show Liberals-Suck-Balls's posts

I would trade the pick for the right offer. I would want a player(s) that can step in and help the team immediatly as well as a 2nd or 3rd pick which is where the B's have had the most success. We got Horton for the 15th pick in last years draft.

The B's need NHL ready players if they hope to repeat. Thomas only has a 2-3 years left.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : 1. Pajaarvi looks like the second coming of Lucic, maybe even better.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    WHAT?????????????? Where'd this comparison come from? Is it the fact he's got 0 NHL fights under his belt or the fact that he throws 1 body check every 4 games? They're both left wingers I suppose if that's what you were trying to say.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : WHAT?????????????? Where'd this comparison come from? Is it the fact he's got 0 NHL fights under his belt or the fact that he throws 1 body check every 4 games? They're both left wingers I suppose if that's what you were trying to say.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Oops, sorry. Bad info. My bad, the scouting report I looked at was pretty crappy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I would trade the pick for the right offer. I would want a player(s) that can step in and help the team immediatly as well as a 2nd or 3rd pick which is where the B's have had the most success. We got Horton for the 15th pick in last years draft. The B's need NHL ready players if they hope to repeat. Thomas only has a 2-3 years left.
    Posted by Liberals-Suck-Balls[/QUOTE]

I can't think of any time there has been LESS of a need for NHL ready players.  Almost the whole team is re-signed for next year.  There are two very promising back-up goalies for after Thomas retires.  There are good prospects waiting to compete for the 1 or 2 open spots on the roster.

What are you talking about?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]When is the next time a team set up to be this good for quite some time going to get another top 10 pick ? That has to creep into Chiarelli's and Benning's heads. It will be another "Versteeg" decision (of sorts) if Murphy or Beaulieu were there and turned into studs. Ahh I'm done over thinking about it should be interesting...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, but I keep hearing that next year's draft is even better.  I wonder if the Bruins could pick up something useful while swapping this year's 1st for next years.  Preferably from a lousy team of course.

If they could get something useful this year to go with their fairly well stocked roster, and then have two 1st rounders next year, I would be pretty happy about that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : yah, about that... I thought we agreed never to speak of this? At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Just trying to "pump your tires".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Thank the Lord the draft is tonight so I don't have to wade past all these trigger happy posts. Some of you, if you were out hunting you'd open up an artillery barrage on the first squirrel you saw. Yes, I can ignore all these fantasy gm posts, but I can also express my opinion that I hate them to death. I'd like to point out that by my count exactly zero of the 4,893 fantasy trade posts I've seen on here have come true.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Alleluia !  

Enjoy the Champions and let the Stanley cup win last longer. Next season is next season and I'm so very confident our, The Bruins. management will do the right moves. 
    Didn't it work out that way ?  Kessel anyone ?  Krejci, Bergeron signing ???

Only thing I'm happy after what happens with the 9th pick tonight is my buddy here can line-up all we got for Kessel (including a cup) and make guys like bruins8 or hockey101 or marco wtv drool . BadHab was 100% right !!!! LMAO
    WE ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade the Number 9 pick : 1. Pajaarvi looks like the second coming of Lucic, maybe even better. (Not calling Looch a great, just saying that Magnus plays a very similiar game) Eberle looks like the real deal, an absolute magician with the puck. His wrist shot spells doom for goalies everywhere. His defense is better than it was, but stll needs some work. He's got hockey sense and skill that just can not be taught. So basically, purely offensive with solid defense, probably one of the smartest guys in the league, not gritty in the least bit, and is really really hard to knock off the puck. 2. I'm with you, the 19 can be used to trade down (ala Bellichick) into the early or mid 20s, where you can snag a guy like Peumpel and gain another pick and prospect in the process, the 31st can be used to grab a guy like Rocco Grimaldi, Connor Murphy, or Ty Rattie, next year's second can either be used to stock the cupboards a little more or can be used as trade bait should the need arise. 3. Next year's first will be huge and could be another franchise altering pick. Use it to take Nail Yakupov, Ryan Murray, or Mikhail Grigorenko. All 3 are can't miss guys (Yakupov is my preference, the kid's f'ing electric!)
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    My bad for not seeing this post earlier! I've followed prospects (on my own, obviously) since Crosby's draft year. Nail Yakupov is BY FAR my favorite. Kid plays like he's Ovi's size. IS NOT afraid to go up to a 6'3/210 d-man and rough him up, despite being only 5'10 and around 170. If he were eligible this year it's no secret who Edmonton would pick 1st overall...

It's a shame we didn't get a 3rd 1st rounder in the Kessel deal...I'd root for Toronto to lose every game like you wouldn't believe it. Whoever comes in last (me still thinks the Oilers) will be very d@mn lucky...I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton tanks in order to get him.