Trade Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

Trade Thoughts?

Personally, I'd try to make a deal with the Rangers for Callahan/Girardi. I'm assuming both are healthy. What would it take to get those two?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Trade Thoughts?

If you're the Bruins, it would take the breakup of your core group.

Is that what you want? If it is - make the deal.

Personally, Slats wouldn't be blowing smoke anywhere near me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

I would gladly throw Bartkowski as well as a prospect at them. I'm assuming that Hamilton and Smith would have to be in the conversation for the Rangers to be interested. Do we consider them core players? Would Callahan/Girardi be an upgrade now? Likely. Two years from now? Probably not.

I'd like to replace Seids as well as adding some grit at forward before the deadline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Girardi would be a nice pickup but wouldn't give up Dougie for him....

Rangers aren't going to give him up cheap and especially not to an eastern foe....

as for Callahan, B'S don't need a top 6 forward....  not to mention he's looking for 7 yrs at 6 mil. per....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i wouldn't give up hamilton or smith right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My trade thoughts, I hate them.  I hate talking about fantasy trades.  That's fantasy hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

I'm sure we'll be treated to Chiarellis annual "Get-a-washed-up-defenseman-from- Ottawa-for- the playoffs".

Past years included Shane Hnidy and Wade Redden. This years entry? Look no further than Chris Phillips. This "method" is as worn out as the crap he brings in every year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Ya he has pretty poor record as gm, never gives the team achance at a cup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

Hope you like Phillips cause it'll happen.

Let me save you the time of watching the presser following this brilliant move: Chiarelli (looking like he hasn't slept in days) "We brought in Chris to help stabilize our young D core. We think we needed a veteran presense in the absense of Dennis and Chris has a lot of experience." --Were there other deals out there? "Yeah, there were other offers, but nothing made sense. We, in the end, were happy to stand pat with the addition of Chris going forward."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Would you rather he gut the team for an increased chance for one year or have a team that contends every year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Would you rather he gut the team for an increased chance for one year or have a team that contends every year?

One year.  Next year may never materialize. 

In the Cup winning year, Chiarelli moved some seemingly valuable parts to finish the team.  Lately he's been moving nothing and getting nothing in return.  Mottau, Zanon, Redden.  Three guys who never should have donned a B's jersey when they did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In the Cup winning year, Chiarelli moved some seemingly valuable parts to finish the team.  Lately he's been moving nothing and getting nothing in return.  Mottau, Zanon, Redden.  Three guys who never should have donned a B's jersey when they did.

They were insurance moves. Redden helped us win round 1 last year. I wouldn't mind a move with more substance but that means substancial players leave. I like our team the way its comprised. Now a number 2 d for some prospects Id go for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought Redden played well.  

Im hoping for a top 2-3 dman and a right shooting 2-3 line fwd.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

first off, what's wrong with chris phillips. i would happily take him and give up something very decent to get him. secondly, why would you want a 2nd or 3rd line forward? who's this guy going to replace?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

first off, what's wrong with chris phillips. i would happily take him and give up something very decent to get him. secondly, why would you want a 2nd or 3rd line forward? who's this guy going to replace?

The Bruins D needs to get faster, not slower with Phillips.

I do like him but it's not what the Bruins need.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the team is in pretty good shape, obtaining anything at the trade deadline will only help.  Certainly a ton more depth that last year.  Spooner in the lineup rather than DogVans I would say would likely have gone to 7 games with Chicago instead of 6 - not saying they would have won, but that one forward out of the lineup was a major issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

sorry, but this is just not the case. krug, bartkowski, hamilton, they all fly. Boychuk certainly isn't slow and miller's speed isn't terrible. The bruins need a shut down d man. a guy like philips. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Contend every year.

Selling the farm and thinking that is the answer for cup success this year may not materialize also. Then what good has selling the farm done for them ?

This team is built for the future as well as the present. Stick with the plan in icing a competitive team year in and year out. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't do another Mottau or Zanon Chiarelli. Go get Tallinder!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

sorry, but this is just not the case. krug, bartkowski, hamilton, they all fly. Boychuk certainly isn't slow and miller's speed isn't terrible. The bruins need a shut down d man. a guy like philips. 

Agreed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:

Hope you like Phillips cause it'll happen.

Let me save you the time of watching the presser following this brilliant move: Chiarelli (looking like he hasn't slept in days) "We brought in Chris to help stabilize our young D core. We think we needed a veteran presense in the absense of Dennis and Chris has a lot of experience." --Were there other deals out there? "Yeah, there were other offers, but nothing made sense. We, in the end, were happy to stand pat with the addition of Chris going forward."

getting Chris Phillips is exactly what the Bruins need, i have no idea why you dont seem to like him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

would really like to get Girardi from the Rags but i doubt that would happen. i'd offer Bartkowski or Miller and if that wasnt enought i'd move on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I didnt say anything against getting phillips.  Im not sure ottawa deals when they will be fighting to get in.   

Our biggest weakness in the finals was our depth on 3-4th lines.  Im not sure its a lot better.  But i will use my Setoguchi example.   If he comes in he plays with Soder at center and Loui.  4th line is paille, campy, kelly(also used as trade bait). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Our biggest weakness in the finals was our depth on 3-4th lines.  Im not sure its a lot better.  But i will use my Setoguchi example.   If he comes in he plays with Soder at center and Loui.  4th line is paille, campy, kelly(also used as trade bait). 

B's likely go for someone like Stempniak, PC makes another trade with Burke, gets him on Iginla's recommendation for a 4th rounder.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

B's likely go for someone like Stempniak, PC makes another trade with Burke, gets him on Iginla's recommendation for a 4th rounder.

And there is rumor they are interested in stemp as well.  I could handle that.   

Sections
Shortcuts