Trade Tracker.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Trade Tracker.

In response to jozee76's comment:

Wow, with some 9,000 posts, that you might have something intelligent to say. So sorry, no today eh? Wayne Redden? Really! We waited all this time for Wayne Redden????

I think Pete's out there, WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Pete? Pete, are you out there?

Jozee? Jozee? You ARE out there. Go back to sleep watching baseball.

Wow, with some 9,000 posts, that you might have something intelligent to say. So sorry, no today eh? Wayne Redden? Really! We waited all this time for Wayne Redden????

Actually, it's WADE Redden, not Wayne.

And who were you expecting?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If you don't realize that this is a good depth signing you don't know a lot about hockey...were you expecting Shea Weber or something?

Wouldn't be surprised if 2 years ago you were like...Kelly? Peverly? who are those bums? What a joke PC is.

We're sorry you had to wait so long for such underwhelming news. We'll tell Chiarelli to do better next time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Pete? Pete, are you out there?

Jozee? Jozee? You ARE out there. Go back to sleep watching baseball.

Wade/Wayne, Wayne/Wade who cares! I just wanted more. They've got the cap space, they've got the prospects, MAKE A DEAL!  Mark Streit would have been nice. Wade/Wayne Redden, again, WHO CARES! I luv the Bruins, but every year they seem to "Cheap out" when it come to making that 1 more deal. Today is no different! That's all...........

Actually, it's WADE Redden, not Wayne.

And who were you expecting?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

You do that!

If you don't realize that this is a good depth signing you don't know a lot about hockey...were you expecting Shea Weber or something?

Wouldn't be surprised if 2 years ago you were like...Kelly? Peverly? who are those bums? What a joke PC is.

We're sorry you had to wait so long for such underwhelming news. We'll tell Chiarelli to do better next time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Yeah you never no ,Chara might getting going again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Head back to the Sox board jozee...you're way out of touch here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Two biggest surprises for me:  Tampa giving up Cory Conacher already (?) and Vancouver keeping Luongo.  I'm stunned.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

2010–11 Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale AHL 70 8 34 42 -1 46 6 0 6 6 0 2011–12 Connecticut WhaleAHL 49 4 16 20 -8 26 9 0 1 1 8

basically lead Redden to get buried in minors (with STL).

http://blues.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8462033

Redden played 23 games for the Blues, did not get buried in the minors.

You posted ( with STL) that's why I posted his Blues stats.

To GNBs point, again you are cluesless if you think hockey fans on this board didn't already know about WADE Redden's history with New York.

Perhaps you should try the BDC liefstyle section :facepalm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Edit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Are you being sarcastic?   I mean, I don't care if you are, but you were lashing out at me last night and now you're being normal?

Carry on.

King, most people here are hockey fans first, not Pats fans first, and as such 95% of the posters know exactly what happened to Redden over the past few years.  Discovering it in an article today is what is confusing.  The Rangers blew it big time with this guy, so they had to stick him in the minors.  Going to St Louis was his ticket out of the minors and back to the NHL, which was what Sandog was pointing out to you.  NY buried him in the minors, not St Louis.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To me the Gaborik move is the most surprising.

The Jackets go through all that effort to get rid of Nash just to trade for Gaborik 35 games later?

what was the point?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Pens picked up Jussi Jokinen for a conditional draft pick.

Could have had him for free last week...

TSN said the Canes picked up some of his salary saying it was a factor in no teams picking him up on waivers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

Canes are picking up some of the $$$ in the deal

Not sure how this is going to work because a team can't simply assume salary in the NHL..

The reason for a shortened season was a new CBA. Remember ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Jackets go through all that effort to get rid of Nash just to trade for Gaborik 35 games later?

what was the point?

Kekalainen instead of Howson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Kekalainen instead of Howson.

Same MO it seems....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

what was the point?

Rick Nash signed thru 2018.

Marian Gaborik signed for one more year.

Term matters.  Do You think they will have any trouble selling this guy off next year if it does not work out.  Term is every bit as important as annual cap hit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

Term matters.  Do You think they will have any trouble selling this guy off next year if it does not work out.  Term is every bit as important as annual cap hit.

Fair enough.

It just seems so counterproductive to commit to a complete overhaul and then when there are early signs it is working (they are no longer the worst team in the league) they go on a trading spree....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

what was the point?

Yeah, great forward thinking by Columbus,if it works out fine, if not some team will overpay at next years trade deadline. Seeing as the B's have a Czeckoslovakian mafia started in Boston Gaborik coiuld be headed to the B's at some point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch, I wouldn't put Conacher on any kind of pedestal (St. Louis lite?).  He blew the doors off through 7 games - just like Tarasenko - with 6 goals and 12 points, but he has only 3 goals and 12 points in the next 28 games.  That kind of pace is 35 points over a full season. Not to be sneezed at unless you're the kind of player who really needs to be playing a top six role because you're a smurf and a bang and crash game is not your thing.  I'm not sure where he fits with Ottawa beyond 2013.  Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson (unless he retires), Turris, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Latendresse, Greening all project ahead of him, and similar players like Mark Stone, Shane Prince and Stephane Da Costa in Binghamton, plus Noesen and Puempel (though Puempel's year was very quiet).

Bishop is a good goalie because he's a huge goalie.  He'll stop more pucks just standing still than most anyone Tampa has had since Khabibulin.  Good move for Stevie Y to shore up his weakest position by trading an undrafted player. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fletch, I wouldn't put Conacher on any kind of pedestal (St. Louis lite?).  He blew the doors off through 7 games - just like Tarasenko - with 6 goals and 12 points, but he has only 3 goals and 12 points in the next 28 games.  That kind of pace is 35 points over a full season. Not to be sneezed at unless you're the kind of player who really needs to be playing a top six role because you're a smurf and a bang and crash game is not your thing.  I'm not sure where he fits with Ottawa beyond 2013.  Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson (unless he retires), Turris, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Latendresse, Greening all project ahead of him, and similar players like Mark Stone, Shane Prince and Stephane Da Costa in Binghamton, plus Noesen and Puempel (though Puempel's year was very quiet).

Bishop is a good goalie because he's a huge goalie.  He'll stop more pucks just standing still than most anyone Tampa has had since Khabibulin.  Good move for Stevie Y to shore up his weakest position by trading an undrafted player. 

Heavy on the lite.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Not sure how this is going to work because a team can't simply assume salary in the NHL..

The reason for a shortened season was a new CBA. Remember ?

So that is part of the new CBA then?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I know, and I really wouldn't (didn't mean to) put him on a pedestal either.  It's just unusual to see productive rookies moved at the trade dealine, not to mention ones that are still hanging in Calder contention.  He's looked like a very effective player for a) a rookie, and b) a very small player.  Usually you see the non-playoff teams trying to shed salary and unload veterans.  I guess Tampa is being opportunistic in trying to get goaltending for the future at the trade deadline, but it was surprising.  Never, at any point, did I see Conacher listed as an available piece at the trade deadline by anyone.  Therefore, I was surpised.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

what was the point?

Colombus did really well today.