Trade Tukka Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Trade Tukka Tonight

Tukka Rask + Pick 40 to Edmonton for pick 19 and next years first round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Trade Tukka Tonight

Please no.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Stop it

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I hope you're joking...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Idiotic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2011/06/24/bruins_are_back_to_work_after_fun/?page=2

"Again, in a broader organizational view, a more acute need is at the No. 3 goalie position. Chiarelli hoped to convince 25-year-old Anton Khudobin to fill that position in 2011-12, but after spending some of the season in Providence and touring as a Black Ace during the playoffs, Khudobin’s plan is to sign in Russia (KHL), according to the GM. For now, the No. 3 spot is anchored by Mike Hutchinson, but Chiarelli figures he’ll shop the free agent market for depth."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

While you're at it, trade TT as well. 

We'll skate 6 with Ryder and Chara taking turns blocking shots in front of the net. Oh, Ryder's going, I forgot. So just Chara with his skates and knees in front: the first D man to play 60 minutes a game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Trade Tukka Tonight:
    Posted by prob2236

This is your brain on drugs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I am not opposed to trading Rask but for the OP idea - that would be a horrible trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Why?  What on earth do the Bruins need, besides a great, young, cheap, backup goalie to share time with their aging starter?  You'd be giving away something they need (and already have) for something they don't need (more draft picks.  Dumb idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

is Khudobin really going back to Russia?
    Will the B's retain his North American rights?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Now that our third stinger is going back to the KHL there is no way Timmy or Tuukka are going anywhere unless one of them brings back at the very least a backup caliber NHL goalie.

While we are at it, why trade either of them again?

Riiiight because its the looney season and we have to have a goalie on the trading block at all times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

YIKES!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Tukka Rask + Pick 40 to Edmonton for pick 19 and next years first round pick

I guess you can't even bring up trading Rask or some people on this board will want to light you on fire.

I think that it is possible that Tuukka is traded tonight, but I think that they would want to deal for a young top 6 forward or top 4 defenceman, not additional draft picks.  Then again, Edmonton's # 1 next year would be pretty nice.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

this may to lead to some of you throwing stones at me, but, would a theoretical trade of Rask and #9 get Colorado thinking about the #2 pick?

Would NJ or the Islanders consider trading there picks for Rask straight up?

I'm not saying I am hoping these things happen, I am just fishing for opinions.  The more I read about the prospects in this draft the more I like them.  I still think the current plan of transitioning from TT to Tuuka over time is a great gameplan.  I guess you start to wonder though, if we could get value now, might we have time to grab another future No. 1 in the near future. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We don't have a replacement for Tuukka in place and we don't need the draft picks the OP proposed. It's not about lighting anyone on fire. It's just a bad trade idea.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

A year ago it was trade Timmy, now it's Tuukka's time to not feel any love.

The kid is the future starter on the team.

He isn't leaving.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Tukka Tonight:

Tukka Rask + Pick 40 to Edmonton for pick 19 and next years first round pick I guess you can't even bring up trading Rask or some people on this board will want to light you on fire. I think that it is possible that Tuukka is traded tonight, but I think that they would want to deal for a young top 6 forward or top 4 defenceman, not additional draft picks.  Then again, Edmonton's # 1 next year would be pretty nice.....
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

Don't be dramatic, it's a bad idea and people are saying so.

Why trade Tuukka for something the Bruins can get on the free agent market or from their own system (depth defensmen and forwards)?  It makes no sense.

You could trade Rask, but only if you are bringing back something more valuable to the team than a young talented goalie who has already had a Vezina caliber season under his belt and has shown he can be a top goalie in the league.  Is anyone offering that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

With Khudoban heading for Russia, no chance. Peter was satisfied with his goal tending duo this year , and is still satisfied, or he would have signed Khudoban

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Trade Tukka Tonight:
    Posted by prob2236

Trade your idea for some common sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Tuukka Rask will be #1 by the end of the year.  They will split the season 40-40.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Trade Tukka Tonight : Trade your idea for some common sense.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Took the words out of my mouth!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Don't be dramatic, it's a bad idea and people are saying so.

Why trade Tuukka for something the Bruins can get on the free agent market or from their own system (depth defensmen and forwards)?  It makes no sense.

You could trade Rask, but only if you are bringing back something more valuable to the team than a young talented goalie who has already had a Vezina caliber season under his belt and has shown he can be a top goalie in the league.  Is anyone offering that?

Look, Tuukka is a backup goalie.  A REALLY, REALLY talented backup goalie, but a backup goalie nonetheless.  If you could trade Tuukka and a 2nd round pick for a top 20 pick AND a likely top five pick in 2012, then you wouldn't even consider it?  I am pretty sure that Cam and Chia would (consider it, that is)....

And it is true that people on this board want to protect Rask, like he was either 1) their own child or 2) actually reading these boards and no one wants to hurt his feelings.

I like Tuukka and I think that he will be a Bruin for years to come.  But it is POSSIBLE that he is traded this summer and it is ALSO POSSIBLE that he is traded for current and/or future draft picks.  This is the last year that he is a RFA and he will be due a huge bump in salary.  Thus, I believe that the Bruins will consider trade offers for Rask.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Tuukka Rask will be #1 by the end of the year.  They will split the season 40-40.
    Posted by olsonstephanie

MAy I please have Saturdays lottery numbers? I mean since you speak in absolutes & can see the future. I like my chances of winning. Oh btw- I'm looking for the Lotto Max; or Lotto 649 numbers since I'm a Canadian. Thank You so much!

Sections
Shortcuts