Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!

In Response to Re: Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!:
    [QUOTE]ok.... PB37 has a point, as do all the PB37 bashers... But..  Thomas' play this season is unreal.  It would take a helluva lot to make it worthwhile for the B's to deal him.  But if somebody comes knocking on PCs door, of course he's gonna listen. We all know Crosby +5 picks is ridiculous, so use a slightly(?) more realistic hypothesis.  Imagine that a team like Atlanta really, really, really, really feels that they need to make the playoffs and the TT would make it happen.  If they came to PC and said "Here's a proposal that helps your cap, and upgrades your player roster...  let's start with Byfuglien + Mason (4.85M) for Thomas & Ryder(9M) and see if we can make it work somehow..." PB37's point is just that PC should listen and explore.  That's all he's brought up in this post.  Let's keep the discussion there.  Would PC want to give up the top goalie in the league this year?  Not really. But he does have to make some roster moves to save $$.  He owes it to the franchise to consider any option that may improve the team. It's very difficult to see how the team can improve by losing Thomas (and I certainly don't want to see him traded this season), but PC's job is to look at all options and decide which ones are best- both short term and long term.
    Posted by RascalHoudi[/QUOTE]
    Well said but I fear there are a number of fans who like particular Bruins more than they like the Bruins team.Like it or not,salary must be shed in some way or another.PC owes it to the fan base to explore all avenues while maintaining a quality product on the ice(Rask's shutout last night raises even more questions about how badly we need 2 great goalies).Somethings gotta give.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

With Rasks career numbers (look at his ENTIRE career, not just the 45 games last year) I dont think he can get anything over 2 unless Timmy gets hurt and Rask plays 60 games, leads the league in all stats and wins a cup.  His numbers just arent there at any level.  Im still confused to WHO touts this guy as one of the best.  Before last year, he was never going to be an NHL'er according to his stats. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]With Rasks career numbers (look at his ENTIRE career, not just the 45 games last year) I dont think he can get anything over 2 unless Timmy gets hurt and Rask plays 60 games, leads the league in all stats and wins a cup.  His numbers just arent there at any level.  Im still confused to WHO touts this guy as one of the best.  Before last year, he was never going to be an NHL'er according to his stats. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Wow,every scout in the hockey world had him touted as a sure fire NHL star but you have stats that show otherwise?Strange he was drafted in the 1st round with these weak stats you speak of.Rare enough for goalies to go in 1st round but with no stats to back it up it must be extra rare.His Dad must  be freinds with someone(every scout on the planet I guess).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

For what it is worth, here's hockeysfuture's final take on Rask:

To put that in perspective, here's their final one on Boychuk:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Talent Analysis

Rask is likely to develop his movement to the level of the very best in the world. Right now the butterfly goalie moves with an explosive, controlled horizontal slide while maintaining good coverage. He gets back to his feet instantly when needed. With these qualities, when on his game, he has always been able to save his team from no matter how dominant opponents. Rask's frame is decent and he shows good coverage from time to time but suffers from inconsistent technique, which he will be working on for a long time still. At this point his stamina is relatively poor, which also contributes to his inconsistency.

That seems pretty accurate to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

First off Getzlaf and Weber are wayyyyy above Thomas value. Thomas is notoriously streaky, we can both agree on that right? I know this guy can do no wrong i your eyes, and thats fine, I'm the same way with Krejci, but basically what your post says is what I said in my very first post in this thread, which was, yes, his value may be at peak, but to even discuss trade options, or scenarios, his value must be determined. Personally (and I know we'll disagree on this one), I think his value is a 1st round pick, and I don't think anyone will give you that. Perhaps I didn't articulate my viewpoint as well as I should have, and assumed some things to be a given. From a managerial standpoint, when you have an older goaltender that is the quality of Thomas, and has the value of Thomas to some contending teams, AND you have a young goalie of the future that is of the quality of Rask, that led the NHL in goals against and save percentage last year, I think Thomas always has to be on the block. On the block doesn't mean "looking to get rid of," it means, listening to offers. Look at Justin Upton (sorry to switch sports again), hes on the block but the diamondbacks are asking an absurd price (Bard, Ellsbury or Kalish, and Casey Kelly). If Luongo was 36 and Schneider was playing as well as he is, you bet Luongo would be on the block. I'm giving Thomas his props, but as amazing as hes been I have faith in Tuukka and would rather build for the future.
    My mentioning of the above players are a heck of a lot more realistic than you saying Crosby & 5 draft picks! What you feel is TT's value is your opinion. I have mine. The other thing is you keep mentioning TT's 36. Do you ever listen to other hockey people? A lot of them have said what I did a longggggg time ago. His age at this point is a non factor! His body doesn't have 36 NHL yrs on it! There's a huge difference. TT will be able to play till he's 40 + & be effective. Also, I'm still not ready to give Rask the reigns. I like the kid & I THINK he's gonna be a star, but until I see more that's where it will stay. So, trades will have to come from other area's!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im so glad you posted that link about Rask.  Since I didnt watch any FNL games like everyone else here, all I had to go by was what I saw him do in Providence and his FNL stats (83 games, 30-26 & 19 ties regular season, 2-8 in the playoffs).  TOTALLY changes my perception of him.  He is DEFINITELY one of the best in the world.  We need to trade Thomas RIGHT NOW so we can free up some cash to sign Rask.  After all, he did go 60 & 39 in Providence during his 2 regular seasons there.  Glad you guys were here to straighten me out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You at least agree now that there were some people that thought he had good potential?  That was the main reason I posted it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

There's a lot of goalie's that had potential! Hence the reason I'm so apprehensive about giving Rask the keys to the city, like a lot of other people. That's why I want to keep both for an least this season & up to the tradedeadline next season before there's any change in the goalie position. The gameplan was for Rask to brought along slowly & just because were over the cap there's no reason to deviate from that plan. Get rid of the issues elsewhere!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]ok.... PB37 has a point, as do all the PB37 bashers... But..  Thomas' play this season is unreal.  It would take a helluva lot to make it worthwhile for the B's to deal him.  But if somebody comes knocking on PCs door, of course he's gonna listen. We all know Crosby +5 picks is ridiculous, so use a slightly(?) more realistic hypothesis.  Imagine that a team like Atlanta really, really, really, really feels that they need to make the playoffs and the TT would make it happen.  If they came to PC and said "Here's a proposal that helps your cap, and upgrades your player roster...  let's start with Byfuglien + Mason (4.85M) for Thomas & Ryder(9M) and see if we can make it work somehow..." PB37's point is just that PC should listen and explore.  That's all he's brought up in this post.  Let's keep the discussion there.  Would PC want to give up the top goalie in the league this year?  Not really. But he does have to make some roster moves to save $$.  He owes it to the franchise to consider any option that may improve the team. It's very difficult to see how the team can improve by losing Thomas (and I certainly don't want to see him traded this season), but PC's job is to look at all options and decide which ones are best- both short term and long term.
    Posted by RascalHoudi[/QUOTE]Well, you have a problem with the Atlanta scenerio.Thomas has a NMC,and I highly doubt he waves it to ,go to a team with questionable playoff chances. As well as orginazations troubles.The only thing Thomas has left to prove, is he can win a cup.The Bruins give him the best chance at this. It would take a trade to a top four team, for him to waive his clause,once again,unless a goalie really stumbles for one of them, I don't see any of those teams trading for Thomas.Once again a Thomas trade does not rest in the hands of P.C.,but with Thomas himself!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Thomas will be traded soon ! he's a great goalie with a another good 3/4 years in him.  There are many teams struggling right now becasue their goalies  are not getting the job done.

Boston needs to reduce team salary or face heavy penalties. CC has to do something ...and he will.  Those bleeding hearts on this discussion will just have to face the reality and get their heads out of the sand.  Pull the trigger CC.

It the best thing for the Team's success !