Trade with Arizona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Trade with Arizona

Bash if you must...but what about :

Boychuk 2A (3.4), McQuaid 3A (1.6) + Bartkowski 3B for Yandle 1A (5.5) ... This would keep the D corp at 6 (not 8) and for 500K you get a better DMan with Boston roots. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Trade with Arizona

Why would Arizona trade their #2 defenseman for a #3 or 4, a 5/6 and a 7th defenseman?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

What if you think Boychuk can develop into a #2 D and Bartkowski into a #3 D? And THEY can go sign Niskanen or someone else? Almost like breaking down your 5.5MM cap hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ErnestoGiove's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What if you think Boychuk can develop into a #2 D and Bartkowski into a #3 D? And THEY can go sign Niskanen or someone else? Almost like breaking down your 5.5MM cap hit.

[/QUOTE]

Boychuk is 30 years old.  He's not developing into anything else.

After the playoffs, I'm not sure Bartkowski is going to develop into a full time NHL player, let alone a second pairing guy.

They know what they have in Yandle.  I haven't checked the numbers, but you say they'll save $500K.  That's not enough to gamble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boychuk is 30 years old.  He's not developing into anything else.

After the playoffs, I'm not sure Bartkowski is going to develop into a full time NHL player, let alone a second pairing guy.

They know what they have in Yandle.  I haven't checked the numbers, but you say they'll save $500K.  That's not enough to gamble.

[/QUOTE]

Caron is the missing piece to the puzzle.  How could the Phoenix Arizona Coyotes resist?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If they dump Boychuk it's gonna be to bring in/keep a forward

With Seidenberg coming back they need that room for Iggy/RFA's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think yandle can be had but if they are going after a dman i hope its not him.  He reminds me of kaberle.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I highly doubt the B's go after any d. I think with DS coming back the likely option is moving as many as 2. Now that the cap is lower than expected it could end up being McQ & Boychuk, but with Jonny's NMC that could be tough. Kelly needs to be bought out.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't see the point in going after a d-man. They have plenty of defense. I can see if it were for the purpose of getting by after Chara retires, but that's hopefully a ways down the road and can be addressed in 2-3 years. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see the point in going after a d-man. They have plenty of defense. I can see if it were for the purpose of getting by after Chara retires, but that's hopefully a ways down the road and can be addressed in 2-3 years. 

[/QUOTE]

A couple of months ago, McQuaid was on the IR (where else would he be?), Miller was coughing up pucks behind his own net (what else would he do?), Bartkowski was sitting in the penalty box (obviously), Krug was up ice (no maps back to Rask), Meszaros was in the press box (because Chiarelli refused to part with draft picks to get a good player) and Seidenberg was on the bike (trying to get back).

I'd be okay if they traded for another defenseman.  Hopefully one that is both healthy and good at his job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I think this is the 5th year in a row, someone on here has suggested Yandle. Cracks me up how many keep coming back to the same players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A couple of months ago, McQuaid was on the IR (where else would he be?), Miller was coughing up pucks behind his own net (what else would he do?), Bartkowski was sitting in the penalty box (obviously), Krug was up ice (no maps back to Rask), Meszaros was in the press box (because Chiarelli refused to part with draft picks to get a good player) and Seidenberg was on the bike (trying to get back).

I'd be okay if they traded for another defenseman.  Hopefully one that is both healthy and good at his job.

[/QUOTE]

We had the same complaints about Boychuk & Ference et al before 2011 too NAS. I think the B's d is fine with some more experience added to their resume. You need to accept the risk of having Krug. He'll never be a Doughty so get over that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

Krug is pretty good in the defensive zone: watch him carefully... He is not bad at all...Some guys used to say the same with respect to Bobby Orr, because he was so good on the attack...I'am comparing Krug to B.O., but, still...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

McQuaid has zero trade value, Bartkowski struggled and Boychuk is a year removed from becoming a UFA who is going to get Girardi money.

I don't see this deal happening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this is the 5th year in a row, someone on here has suggested Yandle. Cracks me up how many keep coming back to the same players.

[/QUOTE]

What is it about players "with Boston roots" that are somehow more attractive targets to some people?

Who t F cares where they are from?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is it about players "with Boston roots" that are somehow more attractive targets to some people?

[/QUOTE]

Mike O'connell made a (dumb) habit of going after players with Mass ties. I couldn't care less where the players are from. I seriously have to question anyone who does.

Drafting Ted Donatos kid was disappointing in that way. I guess Bs brass figures he's going to be a skilled skate-fighter in his fathers footsteps?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unless they're from Detroit. Then all bets are off right?

Sections
Shortcuts