Trade with CALGARY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Trade with CALGARY

I think our best trade would be with Calgary. They have no decent center icemen or prospects in their system and have some tradeable assets.

Scott Hannan - UFA, big, strong and relaiable.
    Cory Sarich - UFA, big, strong, and has won a cup before

They even have some DEPTH forwards that are UFA like:
    Lee stempniak - Decent player, has some offence
    Tom Kostopolus - Press box kinda guy in case somebody gets hurt
    Tim Jackman - Press box kinda guy in case somebody gets hurt
    David Moss - he's been injured all year but I really like him if he gets healthy in time for the playoffs, Big, Strong and Fast!!
    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Trade with CALGARY

Hannon would be a good spare D, I'd take him.  Sarich is a righty so I wouldn't want him.  I'd pass on any of the forwards.  Moss and Stempniak would be good filler but they're both righties.  The Bruins lineup is full of righties both at forward and D.  Peverley is the best 3rd line player and he's a right.  The best spares, Hamill and Kampfer, are rights.  We can lose any of our right wings or centers or right d and have a guy ready to step in, but if Marchand, Lucic or Ferrence go down I'm less confident with the replacement.  I want a left D and left wing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Cory Sarich and possibly Lee Stempniak would be fits....but really how much better are they then what we currently have?....not enough IMO to give up assets for

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Didn't somebody suggest this before and get hammered? I kid. It was me the day of the Calgary game and it was rightly bashed following the 6-0 hammering the Bs dished out that night. But I do think there is some merit in the idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Calgary sucks because they have terrible players. Don't want any of them except Iggy if possible..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

We wouldn't make a trade with them to put us over the edge, only to ensure we had some depth if somebody went down. Not bashin Kampfer but look at our goals against since Ference has been out. I know it's not just that, but it is important to depth 'NHL' guys (right or lefthanded) to step in. You only have so many chances with a core like we have, so you can't risk missing out cause you end up losing a d-man and a winger to injury in the stretch run.
    Very good, and valid points OatesCam, but in all honesty I'll take my chances with a right handed Sarich over Kampfer in the playoffs anyday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Trade with CALGARY:
    Didn't somebody suggest this before and get hammered? I kid. It was me the day of the Calgary game and it was rightly bashed following the 6-0 hammering the Bs dished out that night. But I do think there is some merit in the idea.
    Posted by bsfannny

It was 9-0. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

The Flames are only 3pts out of a play off spot. The mngt. will be seeing what can help them to finally get a post season birth. Their main issue is a top center for Iggy and Camelerri. Three pts. in the west can change dramatically now the season is at the turning point.

Toronto and Calgary are wearing the same shoes both teams need extra strength for front six.

Boston western teams they like to make deals with are LA, EDM. and SJ. I personally thinking they are talking about Vinovsky since Beauchemin sign an extension. Boychuk will be the likely candidate cause of his size, age and can get a multi year deal in Anaheim. LA is looking to deal Johnson( could be deadline deal or better possibility off season deal) since they gave Doughty a major contract. These two d men could be moving by deadline and 99.9% of the play off contending teams are also looking for a solid d man. Defence is always a main issue when deadline gets closer.

I am looking to Boston, Philly or Wsh in the Suter pursuit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

the only player in Calgary I would take is Iginla ...for Hamill and Campbell + our 2nd draft pick ...thats all

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've suggested a couple of players from Calgary for a while now, but one of them, Glencross, is IR now. But the other, Chris Butler, could be a great fit for the Bruins both short term and long term. Great potetial in him, as well as the ability to step in for depth right now. Also he gives us that left D.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You mean Chris "Minus Seven" Butler?

I think he's the kind of value for money player the Flames are unlikely to shop.  Glencross might have been available, but fragility isn't a quality you add for the playoff grind.

Hannan is too slow.  Waaaaay too slow.  Sarich...meh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and that list of forwards??!!?  Why?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'd take Sarich over Kampfer too, but I'd much rather take Hannan or another decent lefty so that he isn't out of position when playing for Ferrence.  Some D (Bourque, Chara, Seidenberg) have no problem switching sides but many do.  I don't know if Sarich or Hannan play both sides but I'm just taking it for granted that they don't and I want a lefty so we can have Seids playing the right side.

We wouldn't make a trade with them to put us over the edge, only to ensure we had some depth if somebody went down. Not bashin Kampfer but look at our goals against since Ference has been out. I know it's not just that, but it is important to depth 'NHL' guys (right or lefthanded) to step in. You only have so many chances with a core like we have, so you can't risk missing out cause you end up losing a d-man and a winger to injury in the stretch run. Very good, and valid points OatesCam , but in all honesty I'll take my chances with a right handed Sarich over Kampfer in the playoffs anyday.
    Posted by savybergy77

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hannan was a classic clutcher and grabber who has never been the same since the rules have changed.  It would be depth I suppose, but not much of an improvement on anyone we now have.

I like Butler, but I bet Calgary will want to hold on to him and the price could be high.  Same with Glencross.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think Calgary is going to be selling off players, If they do make a trade it will be for a proven NHLer, whether theyre in it or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

OatesCam you are right Sarich does mainly play right D. I have Calgary season tickets and he is always on the right side.

Calgary is only a few points out and Feaster is very candid that they want to win now, but also that they have to stock the cupboard. They like and won't move Butler, but They would take guys like Caron or Hamill. We bash Caron and Hamill but they are better than any prospect the Flames have.

Everybody can't get the word IMPROVEMENT outta their heads. My suggestion is to get Hannan or Sarich not as an improvement on our current top 6 (cause their not) but as an improvement on our #7. I'm telling you, Kampfer has to be our #8 at best this playoffs or we're in trouble. as for forwards, we could get by fine with Caron or Hamill as our extra man.

As for Iginla...Forget it. Too much money, too much love in calgary by the ownership and they would want our 1st 2 lines for him.

Fletcher1 you are also right, Hannan has never been the same, but he is still better than "cough it up Kampfer" as our #7.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Oates good posting, my only thoughts deals with the recent trade with Montreal. To me that signaled they were trying to rekindle and old combination that worked for a playoff run, Iginla and Cammalleri!  Calgary is not dealing imo.  Intrigued by Butler though!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

The Bruins should trade with Dallas and try to get Ryder back. He was awesome for us in the playoffs last year, knows the system, and is well respected and liked by the team. The glove save against the Habs was priceless and timely. The Stars have a few interesting Dmen too. Maybe Chiarelli could swing a 2 player deal.

Feast away Ryder bashers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

the only player in Calgary I would take is Iginla ...for Hamill and Campbell + our 2nd draft pick ...thats all Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

WOW

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Trade with CALGARY :                    WOW
    Posted by kelvana33

Damn it kel, if you have to be such a buzzkill all the time, I suppose we could throw in Carl Soderberg too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Trade with CALGARY : Damn it kel, if you have to be such a buzzkill all the time, I suppose we could throw in Carl Soderberg too.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Don't forget the bag of pucks and Chara's lucky 108 MPH stick!

Sections
Shortcuts