Trades after deadline.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Trades after deadline.

How was Gonchar traded to Dallas after the trade deadline? Is it because both teams are out? Are the Bruins able to conduct trades at this time if they do not play the player they trade for or are they at a trade diadvantage because they are still in the playoffs? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Trades after deadline.

In response to Rufus604's comment:

How was Gonchar traded to Dallas after the trade deadline? Is it because both teams are out? Are the Bruins able to conduct trades at this time if they do not play the player they trade for or are they at a trade diadvantage because they are still in the playoffs? 

Good question didn't think you could make trades during play offs,definetly would be a disavantage for teams still playing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When they are out, they can deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

When they are out, they can deal.

But isn't that a disadvantage for teams still playing,can you only trade drft pick for player,teams still playing wouldn't trade someone who is playing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not a big deal.  No one looking to make an impact deal will deliberately shrink the market.  If Boston might make the best offer, the deal will wait.

[Overheard at the NHLPA press conference]

"So, is that pronounced "Fair" or "Fear"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Once a team is out, it is the beginning of their off-season. They are allowed to deal with only another team that is elominated or failed to qualify for the postseason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think the wording has to be "traded his rights" as well. No matter who is out or left in the player obviously can't play becuase it is past the deadline.

Edit: "The 39-year-old Gonchar was set to become an unrestricted free agent July 5.  However, he agreed to a two-year, $10 million contract with the Stars, TSN reported Saturday."

I thought he still had time left on his deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think the wording has to be "traded his rights" as well. No matter who is out or left in the player obviously can't play becuase it is past the deadline.

Edit: "The 39-year-old Gonchar was set to become an unrestricted free agent July 5.  However, he agreed to a two-year, $10 million contract with the Stars, TSN reported Saturday."

Actually San, there were rumours of Gonchar leaving for the Khl before the Stars swooped in. The Sens will miss his puck moving abilities. He's had himself a decent career. I wish the Bruins could've squeezed more out of him when they had him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice to see Dallas learned from their mistakes.  Whitney and Jagr were great ideas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nice to see Dallas learned from their mistakes.  Whitney and Jagr were great ideas.

Jagr played reasonably well for them and they were able to move him for some pieces. Whitney was their best offensive player when he was healthy. What's wrong with signing Gonchar?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Jagr played reasonably well for them and they were able to move him for some pieces. Whitney was their best offensive player when he was healthy. What's wrong with signing Gonchar?

After signing those vets, they finished in 11th place.  They aren't winning the Cup next season (most likely) or the season after that.  I'd figure a team would want to get younger, not older.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

11th place still had them in the race with 10 days to play. I suspect they like the idea of Gonchar mentoring their young blue liners while still providing a valued skill set (PMD). The guy has to deserve some extra credit for being one of the few constants in a fairly successful season for the Sens. I think the Stars just overpaid but not by much. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

By signing Jagr to a one year deal, they basically bought themselves the 30th overall pick in the draft.  Not a bad idea for a rebuilding team - sign guys and if you're out at the deadline, trade them for picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

nice bookboy!  thats a different angle at looking at it. May cost alittle $$$$$ but ......for Jagr they did get a 1st rounder. If Gonchar doesn,t work out for the team but plays well they could do it again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Guaranteed that someone will be looking for D reinforcements at the deadline, right?  And a guy with some puck skills could be just as valuable to them as Jagr.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

By signing Jagr to a one year deal, they basically bought themselves the 30th overall pick in the draft.  Not a bad idea for a rebuilding team - sign guys and if you're out at the deadline, trade them for picks.

Another option would be to actually rebuild.  They've missed the playoffs since '08 and have been getting worse and worse each year.  Now the Hose Nieuwendyk is gone, maybe they'll make better moves than Ott for Roy and then Roy for a 2nd round pick!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know if it's either/or.  If you have no viable assets, how else do you stock the cupboard?

2 year deal, $10m for Gonch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Actually San, there were rumours of Gonchar leaving for the Khl before the Stars swooped in. The Sens will miss his puck moving abilities. He's had himself a decent career. I wish the Bruins could've squeezed more out of him when they had him. [/QUOTE]

Well Sergei played well the 1st 5 games of the 2004 series w/ Montreal after that he was not good at all. I thought he played really well in Ottawa after having a poor final season in Pittsburgh.

Looks like Dallas is going the veteran rout again. They'll probably bring Morrow back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Good thing they have robidas. 

Sections
Shortcuts