Trades effect on Seguins development?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Trades effect on Seguins development?

I like the trades made this week.  Kelly, Peverly and Kaberle make us a better overall team I think.  Im worried about Seguin though.  He seems like he's FINALLY developing some confidence and playing better.  I think this trade, however, bumps him further down the roster and cuts down already limited ice time.  How do these trades effect him going forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Trades effect on Seguins development?

I'm a bit concerned if Paille is still here at the end of the day because I have no problem with Seguin playing on more than a few nights with Thornton sitting. So we'll see I guess. Man PC just went trader jack crazy...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Barring another move Seguin and Paille will be fighting eachother for the open spot on the fourth line....tonight will be an indicator of who will be the first to occupy it when Peverly comes....I expect both to play hard....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

ISo don't improve yout team and make a run at the cup?
    Because of concern oner an 18 year old who will bw a star, WOWn Response to Trades effect on Seguins development?:
    [QUOTE]I like the trades made this week.  Kelly, Peverly and Kaberle make us a better overall team I think.  Im worried about Seguin though.  He seems like he's FINALLY developing some confidence and playing better.  I think this trade, however, bumps him further down the roster and cuts down already limited ice time.  How do these trades effect him going forward.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Trades effect on Seguins development?:
    [QUOTE]Barring another move Seguin and Paille will be fighting eachother for the open spot on the fourth line....tonight will be an indicator of who will be the first to occupy it when Peverly comes....I expect both to play hard....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

According to the Bruins website, "Peverley will join the Bruins in Boston on Sunday, February 20 while Valabik will report to the Providence Bruins on Saturday, February 19".  Seguin and Paille should both be in the lineup tonight, I'd expect.  It might be good for them to compete for the spot - certainly could benefit the team's energy and commitment.  Seguin will have his day in the not-too-distant future, we all know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trades effect on Seguins development? : According to the Bruins website, "Peverley will join the Bruins in Boston on Sunday, February 20 while Valabik will report to the Providence Bruins on Saturday, February 19".  Seguin and Paille should both be in the lineup tonight, I'd expect.  It might be good for them to compete for the spot - certainly could benefit the team's energy and commitment.  Seguin will have his day in the not-too-distant future, we all know.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Agree on all points. I just hope for the B's sake Julien does not pull his stubborn "experience trumps all" card when choosing between the two...I do not wan tanother Whitfield episode in the playoffs this year...Of course, a little competition is not a bad thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

You don't develop a 19 yr old rookie in the middle of a playoff run.  He will get playing time, on the 3rd and 4th line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]You don't develop a 19 yr old rookie in the middle of a playoff run.  He will get playing time, on the 3rd and 4th line.
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

True but you play your best players for the win which is all that matters. Paille has been playing well since he got back from his suspension but if he reverts back to Paille2010 then there is little benefit keeping him in there especially since we know Seguin can score, stubborness on Juliens part be damned...whatever it takes to win

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

I'm starting to get worried about this. Bob Beers made it sound like Seguin was the odd man out, or maybe Mazz just made it sound that way. That ain't gonna fly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

Seguin wasn't team canada juniors ready nor is he now NHL ready. He is a wasted roster space!  Wake up people!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]You don't develop a 19 yr old rookie in the middle of a playoff run.  He will get playing time, on the 3rd and 4th line.
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

Agreed.   This "development" topic is over-thinking this.  He's a rookie and he shouldn't be part of a legit Cup run anyway.

He would have shown Jeff Skinner development to help by now.

Non-issue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

4 points in his last five games....3 points in the two games since his healthy scratch games.  20pts on the season and the fastest skater the B's have.  I would love to see Seguin continue his aggressiveness of late and hopefully get more ice time at center on the third line.  Kaberle can pass...and I think makes Seguin a dangerous weapon.  Both Peverly and Kelly have another season on their contract after this one....I hope it doesn't mean Seguin spend next year on the wing.

I think rather then complain we should focus on the Cup and the B's are with out doubt in a better position to compete then they were.

Lucic-Krejci-Peverly
    Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
    Ryder-Kelly/Seguin-Horton
    Thorton-Campbell-Seguin/Kelly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Ryder is not a checker. He has no business on the 3rd line. Completely disagree. You pay him 4 million, make him earn it and get the sniping on the second line.  Allow him to do what he is here for. Score goals. At some point you  have to hope he and Horton do what they need to do, especially in the playoffs.

Also, Seguin may be fast, but he's not NHL fast yet because he is still adjusting his positioning as a pro.

He's out of position and still learning. Not his fault.

At best, he's a 4th line winger in the playoffs, which is fine. Let him battle for time with Paille and Caron.

I would do something like this:

Lucic Kreicji Horton (this line must improve and be consistent - Keep it and make them make it work)
    Peverley Bergeron Ryder
    Marchand Kelly Recchi (will be annoying to play against)
    Paille Campbell Thornton (see above)

The only switches I would see would Marchand on line 2 and Peverley on line 3.

I just like Marchand's pesky style and his defense, and feel he does more on the 3rd line, also adding the potential for some sneaky goals which he can take advantage of against a team's finesse top scoring line when matched up out there properly.

Here is the report on Peverley:

Scouting report: The McKeen’s Hockey Pool Yearbook says of Peverley “speedy, skilled playmaker with a nose for the net. … boasts excellent lateral agility and good economies in his skating mechanics. … possesses sudden-strike capabilities, highlighted by a wrist shot of surprising velocity. … not overly big, physical, nor tough defensively, yet does get back and fill lanes and has a good stick.”

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]4 points in his last five games....3 points in the two games since his healthy scratch games.  20pts on the season and the fastest skater the B's have.  I would love to see Seguin continue his aggressiveness of late and hopefully get more ice time at center on the third line.  Kaberle can pass...and I think makes Seguin a dangerous weapon.  Both Peverly and Kelly have another season on their contract after this one....I hope it doesn't mean Seguin spend next year on the wing. I think rather then complain we should focus on the Cup and the B's are with out doubt in a better position to compete then they were. Lucic-Krejci-Peverly Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi Ryder-Kelly/Seguin-Horton Thorton-Campbell-Seguin/Kelly
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

Checkmate.....exactly.

It seems somewhat crazy to scratch a kid who seems to have turned a corner of late, especially one as skilled as Seguin.....The day Paille catces up to Seguin in goals is one where I may change my mind on this.

It will be fun to see what Julien does...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

When did Seguin become "The Franchise?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

Valid concern yet two points that I think would nullify our worries. 1. Paille is not going to be anything more than he's already proven and because of his high draft he is a "bust." Because of that the b's are not going to put much more into his stock. 2. Because either one of them are 4th liners its not going to be an issue because of it being the fourth line. Seguin will play and get some upside from these trades, as well as the rest of the squard especially on the PP.

On a side note Thorton is still very valuable to this team. His tenacity is valued and the b's have fought alot more making that part of their game. Its like old time hockey and has a strong effect on other teams until you get to the more skilled teams (i.e. this past wk end vs DET). 

These trades were good, but could be great if they do what they need and sign Kab at season end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Not only should Seguin be on the ice-- He should be on wing with Kelly and Ryder.  Paille and Thorton should be battling for Ice time.  Also the PP units should look like this:

1st PP unit:  Lucic, Krejci,Ryder Bergeron & Kaberle

2nd PP unit: Horton, Seguin, Marchand, Chara, Kampfer

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Not only should Seguin be on the ice-- He should be on wing with Kelly and Ryder.  Paille and Thorton should be battling for Ice time.  Also the PP units should look like this: 1st PP unit:  Lucic, Krejci,Ryder Bergeron & Kaberle 2nd PP unit: Horton, Seguin, Marchand, Chara, Kampfer
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

You are right in the sense that Thornton may be the odd man out during the playoffs....this would make the most sense....During the regular season, however, Thornton will, for better or worse, stay put where he is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin wasn't team canada juniors ready nor is he now NHL ready. He is a wasted roster space!  Wake up people!
    Posted by blueoxen[/QUOTE]

What he is, is a kid who has the skills.  He lacks the muscle necessary to play regularly.  The Bruins are using him selectively when they see good matchups, with a modest degree of success. He certainly has the skills, size and ability to compete with other kids his own age. But that would be a waste to keep him in the juniors where he won't advance.

The Bruins need to get him on a strength and conditioning program to fill out his young body.  Then he can perform at a high level in the NHL on a regular basis.  Right now he's a bit of a project who is not blocking anyone's roster spot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]Not only should Seguin be on the ice-- He should be on wing with Kelly and Ryder.  Paille and Thorton should be battling for Ice time.  Also the PP units should look like this: 1st PP unit:  Lucic, Krejci,Ryder Bergeron & Kaberle 2nd PP unit: Horton, Seguin, Marchand, Chara, Kampfer
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

That second PP unit is one of the cooler ideas I've seen in a while. Great combo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I want to see all you Seguin bashers on these boards when he is putting up 30+ goals a season. Typical Boston fan......they expect a draft pick to be a superstar from day 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, we just saw that line combo (Hort, Seg, March) on the power play. Decent chance Bos followed by decent chance for Ottawa. It had tons of energy, though.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts