Trades effect on Seguins development?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Trades effect on Seguins development?

Interesting observation by the OP, I was thinking the same thing.  I don't see CJ breaking up the Krejci/ Bergeron lines, so the most likely scenario seems a new 3rd-line. 

Likely:
    Kelly-Peverley-Ryder

If it goes that way, seems like Seguin will be in a fight for ice-time with Paille initially.  I think it also sets up well to put pressure on Ryder to play well, as Seguin can easily slide into the wing on the 3rd line in his place.  Seguin will need to play well to earn his ice-time, as will Ryder and Paille.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Trades effect on Seguins development?:
    Seguin wasn't team canada juniors ready nor is he now NHL ready. He is a wasted roster space!  Wake up people!
    Posted by blueoxen

wasted roster space? who's better than him in providence?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Interesting observation by the OP, I was thinking the same thing.  I don't see CJ breaking up the Krejci/ Bergeron lines, so the most likely scenario seems a new 3rd-line.  Likely: Kelly-Peverley-Ryder If it goes that way, seems like Seguin will be in a fight for ice-time with Paille initially.  I think it also sets up well to put pressure on Ryder to play well, as Seguin can easily slide into the wing on the 3rd line in his place.  Seguin will need to play well to earn his ice-time, as will Ryder and Paille.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I don't want to put to much emphasis on his 1st game but,last night,Kelly seemed to have nowhere near Seguin's offensive prowess.I would expect that Kelly may end up being the one dropped to the 4th line with Thornton/Paille gunning for starts.Seguins' newly found cosistency from shift to shift needs to be ridden until he slows down.I hope he's turned a corner and that his 4th line days are over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i think kelly will be fine. it will take him a few days to adjust to new teamates and a new system. NAS is gonna like this. i think they should try sitting thornton for a few games. the b's are great 5 on 5. the pp should improve with kaberle. the pk has slipped the last few weeks so they need all the help they can get there. paille's valuable on the pk and there's no way thornton should be playing ahead of kelly or seguin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

PC gave up a 2nd rounder for Kelly, I would be disappointed if he couldn't log top-9 forward minutes. 

I think this set up well for the B's, with 1 extra forward and 1 extra d-man, both from a depth perspective and a competition perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Trades effect on Seguins development? : I concur
    Posted by readsocks

Have you ever even played hockey buddy because you haven't got a clue?  As I have asked before are you even a Bruins fan?  Why would you write off a 2nd overall pick in his 1st year?  He now has hit double figures in goals and he has scored some beauties - he has a great shot and is a great skater and passer.  He just needs to add some muscle.  You are type of guy who will be saying he sucks even when he is getting 70 or 80 points.  Again no clue!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

i think kelly will be fine. it will take him a few days to adjust to new teamates and a new system. NAS is gonna like this. i think they should try sitting thornton for a few games. the b's are great 5 on 5. the pp should improve with kaberle. the pk has slipped the last few weeks so they need all the help they can get there. paille's valuable on the pk and there's no way thornton should be playing ahead of kelly or seguin.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Dang right I do.  If someone needs a beating, there are plenty of guys on the team that can deliver it.  No need to dress a Skating Clown every night for the purpose of dancing with the other team's Skating Clown.

Because of the team's overall toughness, instead of having Thornton on the fourth line, they should have a real hockey player there.

Anyone who's guessing at any sort of downside to Seguin's development and the long term effects of BEING ON A STANLEY CUP CALIBER TEAM AS A ROOKIE needs to cite some examples of ill effects from players in the past.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Posted by goodnewsbears

Don't worry, come playoff time Thornton won't get out of his suit.  His unique skill set will not be required. 
    We could end up with 4 lines that have a legit chance of scoring.  I like that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

When did Seguin become "The Franchise?"
    Posted by PINEwarmer

When the Bruins lost a series after leading it 3 to nothing. He will be the franchise piece. I was afraid that the conservative approach of Claude Julien would hinder Seguin's development and it has to an extent.  Should have given him the time earlier in the season to figure things out.  He isn't making any larger mistakes than some of the vets (Horton, Boychuk, Recchi) have made this season. He is the fastest skater on the team and he doesn't look like it. That is on CJ, not him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

The trading deadline is not over yet PC may still have a trade in mind to get rid of a body.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

4 points in his last five games....3 points in the two games since his healthy scratch games.  20pts on the season and the fastest skater the B's have.  I would love to see Seguin continue his aggressiveness of late and hopefully get more ice time at center on the third line.  Kaberle can pass...and I think makes Seguin a dangerous weapon.  Both Peverly and Kelly have another season on their contract after this one....I hope it doesn't mean Seguin spend next year on the wing. I think rather then complain we should focus on the Cup and the B's are with out doubt in a better position to compete then they were. Lucic-Krejci-Peverly Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi Ryder-Kelly/Seguin-Horton Thorton-Campbell-Seguin/Kelly
    Posted by TuukkainNet

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sure looks to me like the majority of posters didn't read this.
    And sure looks to me like the majority of posters haven't been watching LATELY. Big uptick in his play against the Islanders and I saw much of the same last night against the Sens.  He seems much more confident, he's doing the smaller stuff right.

Also, everyone had been overlooking this.

Seguin's character.

Stop for a whole 30 seconds and put yourself in his shoes.  Really imagine it. You're in Boston, not Atlanta, you're getting recognized.  There are people who are disappointed in you, and you have heard it for sure.  You've been benched.  Things haven't been all wine and roses.

And what has his reaction been?

In the interviews, does he look down and away from the camera, think about the rehearsed lines and mumble out the reply?

No.  He's been on board with the plan.  He did what he was told, but not only that, he got the IDEA and ran with it.  He didn't just say 'oh yah, sitting in the stands is good,' in the intereviews I saw he went into specifics.

Anybody got any negatives on character?

Anybody imagine what it was like to be a star, considered by some to be a #1 pick, then get benched and limited minutes?

How would YOU react?

Would you still be on board?

Think of yourself NOW - leave the "he's just 19 out" - what if YOU got a few million bucks.  Would you buy a USED Range Rover?  I'd check out the Bugati showroom, I'd buy "Top Gear" and start watching the Stig much more intently.

Playoffs = pressure.  IMO he'd dealt with his own pressure well.

I see a kid who stayed focused despite the distractions - and remove "he's just 19" OUT of the equation, what would it be like for a vet to step into a role with  high expectations and fans like - I don't need to go far to point out what the fans are like.  "Not NHL ready" says it all.

I see a kid who's upped his game a notch despite being benched and getting limited minutes - and IMO he's been dealt with much more harshly than others.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Since when is Peverly a two-way player? I'm glad that we've got him for his offensive upside but his plus/minus on Atlanta was brutal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

bbreigns fast and nhl fast I see fast period. Last night Seguin, Marchand coming at the Ottawa D they backed up. Quick pass to Marchand wrister screened goal I guess you must be nhl fast

Sections
Shortcuts