TRADING OUR 1st ROUND PICKS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Re: TRADING OUR 1st ROUND PICKS

Their is some validity to what your saying, but the value of Torontos pick is much higher then you give it credit for.  Since Weber is a free agent to be, Toronto's 1st pick plus Stuart could get it done but the cap has to be taken into consideration as well-- maybe substite Ference instead and throw in Paile and that clears 4 mill or so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

lolol Ference+Paille in a deal for Weber??? Seems highly unlikely you'd have to throw in next years 2012 first along with TO's 2011 first to probably get it done>...

Even then is Weber even an RFA next year or an UFA? /> If hes an RFA and the B's could use Ryder/Recchi/Paille's money to sign him and count on Arniel/Suave to step up then id consider it. But it just seems like pie in the sky talk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Shea Weber is the only one who could get TOR's pick. Yandle and Karlson, while very good and players I would love to have, do not even enter the conversation for that pick. If anything, for Yandle and Karlson, it would be TOR's pick straight up -- but I doubt PC would pull the trigger on that.

Your suggestion of 2 1st round picks (1 of which is top 5), a blue-chip prospect, and a solid roster player for any of them is absolutely ridiculous. In fact, I feel you might be Glen Sather or a football fan who feels player/team development is the same in both sports -- they're not, they're drastically different.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gotta split this in two.  Sure, I agree with the idea that you can put the picks on the table to acquire a big piece.  I don't agree that Yandle is one of those pieces, and Karlsson is a second-year player who has struggled mightily at points this season.  Ranked vertically?

Weber

Yandle

Karlsson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bookboy is right on with his vertical ranking system Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

DC,
    I think your overvaluing the 1st picks right now, this is not a draft of cant miss prospects, so the return of a proven high level player, for a draft pick is going to take a lot.. Maybe your forgetting we got (2) 1st, and a second for kessel in what has been considered one of the deepest drafts in NHL history..

Kessel being a good player, but not a great player, who we didnt really even have the cap room to sign..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Yandle and Karlson cannot be in the discussion for the Toronto pick. Yandle is certainly breaking out, but its also his contract year, which should be kept in mind. Karlsson is a good player, but who knows where his ceiling is? Sens media obviously has to build the kid up, but he hasn't shown that he is a franchise player so I wouldn't risk a top 5 pick on him. At most, our first rounder and a roster player for either Yandle or Karlsson.

The Toronto pick is special since it should be top 5. That's where you're likely to land a franchise player. Weber certainly is that, but he's going to be more expensive plus his deal is up at the end of the year. 1 for 1, sure, pull the trigger. 1st and a decent player (Stuart, Wheeler, Caron), I'd have to think about it, but it could go either way. Anything more is too much -- you don't want to make a lateral trade, you want to gain value.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: TRADING OUR 1st ROUND PICKS:
    [QUOTE]DC, I think your overvaluing the 1st picks right now, this is not a draft of cant miss prospects, so the return of a proven high level player, for a draft pick is going to take a lot.. Maybe your forgetting we got (2) 1st, and a second for kessel in what has been considered one of the deepest drafts in NHL history.. Kessel being a good player, but not a great player, who we didnt really even have the cap room to sign..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    It's partly a result of the Kessel deal that some GM's are somewhat leery(rightfully so)of giving so many picks for an unsigned RFA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only other player (other than Shea Weber) I would give up the Toronto #1 for is Parise who is also a RFA. This will be tough though as the owner of the Devils will spend outlandishly to keep a star to try and get some fannies into the rock. The only hope would be Parise pulling a Philaparazzi (light, camera, action) and letting Lou know not to match any offers slim chances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    I dont know that i agree with that, I think burke over rated kessel.. Trading a pick for a player is a simply move for most teams, are you looking to be better now, or in the future.. Burke thought kessel would make the team better now, and that is what he needed, he said he would still make that trade again.. Truth is kessel was a better player last year then our draft pick was, is a better player this year then seguin, probably will be next year..

The bruins have little need for a lottery pick when it comes to winning a stanely cup now.. If the draft analysis is correct any of the top picks will still need 1 more year of juniors, before being nhl ready, and that doesnt mean impactful, there is no franchise corner stone cant miss crosby prospects in this years draft..Weber would be a great peice to winning a stanley cup now, larsson maybe a great peice towards long term stability and a cup team down the road, but what 4 years away from being weber atleast right?

so if the toronto number 1 landed weber (and we can fit him under the cap) great.. But is nashville in rebuild? cause if not they are going to want young roster players, we get the better player, but they dont take a huge step back that way..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

IMO, NJ would absolutely do Parise for TOR's pick one-for one (or very close). Parise is coming off a serious injury, NJ is terrible, and they'd have 2 top 5 (potentially top 3) picks as a result of such a trade. Pretty quick and painless rebuild with some marketability built in for good measure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Love the idea about Webber. A true impact player. But I can't see the B's giving up a lotto pick for a rental, unless they know he'll sign. Maybe the B's first pick, and a few prospects, like Caron and Colbourne or Kampfer.

This is the type of deal I see them needing to make this team a true contender. As I've said a few times, Webber, Richards, or even Iggy if available. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Perry, iggy is good in theory, but he is signed through next season at like 7 or 8.. I dont want to have to deal with that in the off season..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only way Spezza or Ignla get traded is in the last year of their respective contracts at the deadline. 7mil cap hit is a tough one to carry especially for a forward on the downslope of his career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]Perry, iggy is good in theory, but he is signed through next season at like 7 or 8.. I dont want to have to deal with that in the off season..

I agree with the price tag for Iggy, but I think he'd have one more good run in him, and it might be enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I dont know that i agree with that, I think burke over rated kessel.. Trading a pick for a player is a simply move for most teams, are you looking to be better now, or in the future.. Burke thought kessel would make the team better now, and that is what he needed, he said he would still make that trade again.. Truth is kessel was a better player last year then our draft pick was, is a better player this year then seguin, probably will be next year.. The bruins have little need for a lottery pick when it comes to winning a stanely cup now.. If the draft analysis is correct any of the top picks will still need 1 more year of juniors, before being nhl ready, and that doesnt mean impactful, there is no franchise corner stone cant miss crosby prospects in this years draft..Weber would be a great peice to winning a stanley cup now, larsson maybe a great peice towards long term stability and a cup team down the road, but what 4 years away from being weber atleast right? so if the toronto number 1 landed weber (and we can fit him under the cap) great.. But is nashville in rebuild? cause if not they are going to want young roster players, we get the better player, but they dont take a huge step back that way..
    It's left to be seen if Kessel is better than Seguin this year.Even with an unpolished game,Seguin is already better defensively than Kessel and the point totals aren't that far off.Many hockey writers are talking about the Kessel trade as being one of the more lopsided deals ever if another lotto pick comes back.I'm not against dealing any picks/prospects(other than Seguin)for Weber.I'm just saying GM"s aren't as likely to overpay for an RFA since the Kessel and Kovalchuk deals blew up in the faces of the overpaying teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]The only way Spezza or Ignla get traded is in the last year of their respective contracts at the deadline. 7mil cap hit is a tough one to carry especially for a forward on the downslope of his career.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't give them Paille for Spezza. He's a major under-achiever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

The only thing with Weber is that Nashville is currently in 6th in the West.  I can't imagine they'd move him now.  But there is however a great deal of parity in the West.  A four game losing streak could go a LONG LONG way.

But what about a sign n trade in the off season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Spezza could be had for a decent price. Surprisingly, close to a point per game player over his career, but he doesn't have the game to lead a team to glory.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If Chiarelli keeps the pick and it ends up being a lottery pick that stays in the 4 or 5 spot, he should deal it.  The players in those spots probably won't play in the NHL for several years much like Jared Knight.  I'm just sayin..

Iggy would be a rent and release much like Miro was and would be worth it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Under no circumstances should the Bruins trade a first round pick (either one) for a UFA.   That is the type of boneheaded move that time and time again bites a team in the butt.

How many teams each season trade away valueable building blocks for a UFA to help them get to the cup only to be defeated from the playoffs and left with nothing?  

Trade for a UFA if the opportunity is right, but don't use first rounders to do it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez-
    kessel isnt playing well, and has nearly twice as many point as seguin.. I think it would take a stamkos like second half for them to be at nearly the same level.. Kessel should still chip in for 30g (maybe not) but seguins not going to get there this year.. no big deal..  I think "one of the most lop sided deals in history is an over statment and a half.. We didnt get a single roster player for kessel, there was a risk involved with taking draft picks, it panned out well, but seguins not crosby ovechkin, and kessel is still a good player.

BIM, others.. Iggy's not a rental, i thought he had 1 year left, hes got 2 years left at 7per.. The bruins can't touch him...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I'm with Homebrew

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Iginla isn't worth the price anymore. When people talk of trading for star x,y,z, they usually think of the player in his prime. We would get nothing close to that player. No deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, NJ would absolutely do Parise for TOR's pick one-for one (or very close). Parise is coming off a serious injury, NJ is terrible, and they'd have 2 top 5 (potentially top 3) picks as a result of such a trade. Pretty quick and painless rebuild with some marketability built in for good measure.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you on this one dc....I'd do that deal today....there is no guarantee when you draft any player..we already know what kind of player Parise is. And with the money coming off the books next year, you could sign him long term!

Sections
Shortcuts