Trading Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Trading Ryder

Everyone's saying the B's won't trade Ryder because he's playing so well (meh), but wouldn't that just make his trade value higher? I can't see them hanging on to this guy if given an offer. How many or how high are the draft picks the B's are able to get for him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Re: Trading Ryder

conditional. 2nd rounder if new team signs him, 3rd if he is a "rental", this being the last year of his contract.

Although he is playing relatively well this year, the B's would be happy to be rid of his salary. Less damage to chemistry to lose one player to clear cap space than to lose several

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agreed, if they get any kind of an offer which takes his salary and brings something in return, I think they will take it.  I like Ryder and he has played well, but he still represents the best/easiest option for solving the cap issues without hurting the team too much.

I would offer Ryder and Paille to anyone who would take the salary really.  Marchand has really played Paille out of the equation and Ryder's contract really forces the B's to accept an offer on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Ryder:
    [QUOTE]conditional. 2nd rounder if new team signs him, 3rd if he is a "rental", this being the last year of his contract. Although he is playing relatively well this year, the B's would be happy to be rid of his salary. Less damage to chemistry to lose one player to clear cap space than to lose several
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good guess, mine would be that it doesn't reach second round status under any circumstances other then the Bruins adding another asset, ala Ryder and Sauve for a conditional 2nd.  I believe that an unconditional 3rd will get it done. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What's with these post adding to a Ryder trade?? Ryder as the key to Savard coming back is a no brainer. He is playing fairly well so any team that needs his skills will not be looking for more. Paille is the added cap peice to add Sturm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ryder gone....Sturm gone....Savard gone....anyone can go. To say that one particular player isn't or shouldn't be traded is not correct. PC will put together the right trade using the players he thinks will make the Bruins a better hockey club. And if he dosen't, then he should be fired.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Getting rid of Ryder also means more playing time for Seguin.  I would deal him even if it were just to eliminate the contract.  I am not looking at getting much value in return.  Sure I would take it.  But get rid of him.  He was a terrible signing.  It also gives us a chance to add a piece to the puzzle when the deadline approaches. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed, if they get any kind of an offer which takes his salary and brings something in return, I think they will take it.  I like Ryder and he has played well, but he still represents the best/easiest option for solving the cap issues without hurting the team too much. I would offer Ryder and Paille to anyone who would take the salary really.  Marchand has really played Paille out of the equation and Ryder's contract really forces the B's to accept an offer on him.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

agree 1000%...but don't you think trading him has already occurred to PC? Even if we get nothing back..it's the salary that scares the other 29 teams away unfortunately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]Getting rid of Ryder also means more playing time for Seguin.  I would deal him even if it were just to eliminate the contract.  I am not looking at getting much value in return.  Sure I would take it.  But get rid of him.  He was a terrible signing.  It also gives us a chance to add a piece to the puzzle when the deadline approaches. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Seguin and Ryder both are on limited ice time compared to most of the top 6 forwards.   That has to be taken into account when looking at his stats, and his salary.   Would Ryder go from under 13 min a game with Boston to say 18 min a game with another team and suddenly turn into a 70 point player?   I doubt it, but still the production he gives with relatively less ice time than most experienced scoring forwards has to make you think he's making the most of his limited chances.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467545&view=log&season=20102011

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Difference between Ryder and Seguin(who should never be compared) is that Ryder is paid like a top 6 fwd.  And the reason he gets 13 mins is b/c he is playing like a 3-4th liner. 
    Seguin should get more time and has already been bumped to the second line with Bergy and recchi. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed, if they get any kind of an offer which takes his salary and brings something in return, I think they will take it.  I like Ryder and he has played well, but he still represents the best/easiest option for solving the cap issues without hurting the team too much. I would offer Ryder and Paille to anyone who would take the salary really.  Marchand has really played Paille out of the equation and Ryder's contract really forces the B's to accept an offer on him.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I said this on another post.  This is what scares me.

My only worry is Sturm because of his insertion back in the lineup they'll have to get rid of a roster player that now is playing well.  I bet this roster player , even if not being traded will not go through to Providence as he will be picked up on waivers.  I hope PC can get a little something via trade but then again in a trade probably must add another player . 
    All this just to bring in Sturm that I think is very fragile below the belt and a big risk to be lost again on LTIR (maybe for good). I can't help to compare his two knee injuries to Markov of the Habs (he also has had to back o back) and maybe lost for the season yet again.
    That's a chemistry changer there because you could have lost some parts to this team for nothing.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzywuzdenko. Show buzzywuzdenko's posts

The time to trade Ryder is now because he is playing well. Unfortunately, he needed this fire under his @ss to get going. Still think the reason he's not drumming up a lot of interest is that he refuses to pass and dman can predict his shot each and every time. I say he's going back to Montreal for a draft choice and money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Perfect fit in Vancouver. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading Ryder : I said this on another post.  This is what scares me. My only worry is Sturm because of his insertion back in the lineup they'll have to get rid of a roster player that now is playing well.  I bet this roster player , even if not being traded will not go through to Providence as he will be picked up on waivers.  I hope PC can get a little something via trade but then again in a trade probably must add another player .  All this just to bring in Sturm that I think is very fragile below the belt and a big risk to be lost again on LTIR (maybe for good). I can't help to compare his two knee injuries to Markov of the Habs (he also has had to back o back) and maybe lost for the season yet again. That's a chemistry changer there because you could have lost some parts to this team for nothing.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing but then if the Bs keep Ryder then players like Wheeler, Hunwick and/or Stuart will have be packaged in a trade.  Even then Caron would have to be in Providence.  The amount of players who would be moved will definitely change the team's so-called chemistry or whatnot. If not chemistry, certainly time would be needed to allow Sturm and Savard to adjust to game conditions and linemates.  My guess Ryder is gone.  LA Kings would be a dream trade, but it would be more than likely Ryder, Stuart, and Bs #1 for.... well I won't say.... cause it ain't going to happen.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Can't trade money.

There's probably a standing offer on the table for MR now.  He's not going to light anyone's world on fire, and he won't get traded to a team in the bottom 6 because they'd probably take their chances and grab him off of waivers.  Most sensible suggestion I've seen was that a team like the 'Jackets might scoop him for the right price - that is, a team that isn't secure as a playoff team and really needs to be a playoff team.  Cross-reference that with the list of teams with room to take on 2/3 of $4M - about $2.7 - and you get this list: Anaheim, Buffalo, Columbus, Dallas, Nashville, Carolina and Atlanta.  On the other end of the spectrum, the Kings, Tbay, StLoo, and the Avs all have the room to add him as insurance scoring.  That's too many teams for him to go to Providence.  If half that list are kicking the tires, you might even say there's enough of a market for Pete to acquire something more valuable than a crappy old Extreme cassette he can give Cam as his secret santa.

But Chiarelli's also playing chicken here.  He doesn't have to trade Ryder yet, and MR has been one of the team's better secondary scorers.  The longer he remains useful, the more likely a team is to move to acquire him.  The on-rushing truck is the return of Sturm and Savard and the relative loss of bargaining power that comes with them.

So - I think he's gone for a 3rd rounder by Christmas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

//Anaheim, Buffalo, Columbus, Dallas, Nashville, Carolina and Atlanta//

Dallas, Carolina, and Atlanta are all sub-80% on penalty killing as well.  I'd think a Ryder+Paille package could look attractive to any of them, if they are willing to gamble that secondary scoring and better a better PK unit would be enough to get into the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Can't trade money. There's probably a standing offer on the table for MR now.  He's not going to light anyone's world on fire, and he won't get traded to a team in the bottom 6 because they'd probably take their chances and grab him off of waivers.  Most sensible suggestion I've seen was that a team like the 'Jackets might scoop him for the right price - that is, a team that isn't secure as a playoff team and really needs to be a playoff team.  Cross-reference that with the list of teams with room to take on 2/3 of $4M - about $2.7 - and you get this list: Anaheim, Buffalo, Columbus, Dallas, Nashville, Carolina and Atlanta.  On the other end of the spectrum, the Kings, Tbay, StLoo, and the Avs all have the room to add him as insurance scoring.  That's too many teams for him to go to Providence.  If half that list are kicking the tires, you might even say there's enough of a market for Pete to acquire something more valuable than a crappy old Extreme cassette he can give Cam as his secret santa. But Chiarelli's also playing chicken here.  He doesn't have to trade Ryder yet, and MR has been one of the team's better secondary scorers.  The longer he remains useful, the more likely a team is to move to acquire him.  The on-rushing truck is the return of Sturm and Savard and the relative loss of bargaining power that comes with them. So - I think he's gone for a 3rd rounder by Christmas.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what I expect the Bruins to receive.a better pick would be great but a 4th or 5th is possible too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]Getting rid of Ryder also means more playing time for Seguin.  I would deal him even if it were just to eliminate the contract.  I am not looking at getting much value in return.  Sure I would take it.  But get rid of him.  He was a terrible signing.  It also gives us a chance to add a piece to the puzzle when the deadline approaches. 

If they trade Ryder and possibly another player and get under the cap with Savard and Sturm back, they will still be incredibly close to the cap, if not at it.  By the time the deadline comes the Bruins will have maybe 100-200k in savings, not nearly enough space to aquire another player.

Also, I don't think trading Paille will net much space either. He makes ~1M and with injuries that are sure to happen, the Bruins will need either him or someone from Providence to fill in.  If you look at all the eligible players in Prov., their cap hits are 700-850k + bonuses. Thats what... 300k in cap savings max? wow, give me the guy with experience that you know can fill the role, and is also an excellent penalty killer. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Eric,

I agree but someone else like Wheeler likely will be dealt as well.  I have no problem dealing him and Ryder.  Heck someone like the Leafs have said they will take on a contract (Sturm) and a player or pick.  Offer them Wheeler/Sturm a 2rounder for Kaberle.  The Leafs get a player they can use now and a contract they can put in the AHL.  They also pick up a 2nd rounder.  Heck I would consider the B's 1st rounder in this deal since they will be so close to the bottom 30.  We still have Torontos #1 and this years draft isnt great. 

So eliminate Ryders money for a garbage pick.
    Trade Wheeler/Sturm/B's #1 pick for Kaberle. 

We get a top 4 dman and space to add a rental for the playoffs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Eric, I agree but someone else like Wheeler likely will be dealt as well.  I have no problem dealing him and Ryder.  Heck someone like the Leafs have said they will take on a contract (Sturm) and a player or pick.  Offer them Wheeler/Sturm a 2rounder for Kaberle.  The Leafs get a player they can use now and a contract they can put in the AHL.  They also pick up a 2nd rounder.  Heck I would consider the B's 1st rounder in this deal since they will be so close to the bottom 30.  We still have Torontos #1 and this years draft isnt great.  So eliminate Ryders money for a garbage pick. Trade Wheeler/Sturm/B's #1 pick for Kaberle.  We get a top 4 dman and space to add a rental for the playoffs. 
    No way i offer that much for Kaberle(only due to his being a UFA at years end)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

"I said this on another post.  This is what scares me.

My only worry is Sturm because of his insertion back in the lineup they'll have to get rid of a roster player that now is playing well.  I bet this roster player , even if not being traded will not go through to Providence as he will be picked up on waivers"

I agree B's Legion - can Sturm be sent to Providence and not clear through waivers, instead of the potential roster player you are rightly concerned about?  Can Sturm be handled this way?  I, for one, am not sure he's a great addition to the lineup, recovering from back-to-back serious knee injuries, and then perhaps interrupting the chemistry that is clearly building. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In a league where you may only get one crack at the cup I would do that deal and twice on sundays.  Before I get your reply I will do a break down of the moveable parts.
    a. 1st round pick.  Likely gonna be in the late round lets just say 25th overall.
    Why we can do it: We have the leafs 1st overall pick and we cripple them by taking their best player(meaning more L's and a greater chance at #1 overall).
    This yrs draft isnt great past the 1st 10. 
    b. Wheeler- 4th liner with some potential. Gladly part with him for a rental and a legit shot at Stanley.
    c. Sturm- Salary dump who isnt in our lineup anyway.

Parts obtained:
    Kaberle- Top 4 Dman-20+ minute guy who would fit like PB&J.  He moves the puck and would anchor the PP(Vital in the playoffs). 

Ryder for a 5th rounder.  = Salary dump in order to land a player at the deadline.  The snag in this could be giving our 1st rounder to the Leafs and not having the parts to land another player via trade.

I believe adding Kaberle sends us to the top of the East.  I believe adding another player2-3rd line depth guy at the deadline also makes us the favorites.  
    We saw what Philly did with a top 4 pairing.  And the Bruins could be this yrs Philly.  Its possible.  Why not take a run at the cup this year.  We have a surplus 1st rounder and want rid of Sturm/Ryder anyway  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I really can't speculate on Sturm.  I have no idea how effective he may be once he comes back, and I have no idea what his trade value might be.

I ran some numbers and I believe that trading ryder for a pick and putting caron in the minors will make enough room for us to keep everyone incl. Savard and Sturm, have Paille and Mcquaid as extras, and have about 100k in space.  If my numbers are a little off, Mcquaid can be sent down for relief.  Of course if injuries pile up you'll have a problem, like NJ had at the beginning of the year, but IMO you cross that bridge if and when it comes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In a league where you may only get one crack at the cup I would do that deal and twice on sundays.  Before I get your reply I will do a break down of the moveable parts. a. 1st round pick.  Likely gonna be in the late round lets just say 25th overall. Why we can do it: We have the leafs 1st overall pick and we cripple them by taking their best player(meaning more L's and a greater chance at #1 overall). This yrs draft isnt great past the 1st 10.  b. Wheeler- 4th liner with some potential. Gladly part with him for a rental and a legit shot at Stanley. c. Sturm- Salary dump who isnt in our lineup anyway. Parts obtained: Kaberle- Top 4 Dman-20+ minute guy who would fit like PB&J.  He moves the puck and would anchor the PP(Vital in the playoffs).  Ryder for a 5th rounder.  = Salary dump in order to land a player at the deadline.  The snag in this could be giving our 1st rounder to the Leafs and not having the parts to land another player via trade. I believe adding Kaberle sends us to the top of the East.  I believe adding another player2-3rd line depth guy at the deadline also makes us the favorites.   We saw what Philly did with a top 4 pairing.  And the Bruins could be this yrs Philly.  Its possible.  Why not take a run at the cup this year.  We have a surplus 1st rounder and want rid of Sturm/Ryder anyway  
    Hey,we obviously don't always agree anyway but I feel the Bruins could get him for much less(Straight up for Wheeler even).Now go ahead and tell me I'm crazy.You won't be alone...