Training Camp Battles, Eastern Conference. Hamilton vs. Seidenberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Training Camp Battles, Eastern Conference. Hamilton vs. Seidenberg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/fantasy-hockey-training-camp-battles-eastern-conference-181758018--nhl.html

Boston Bruins

The battle: Dougie Hamilton vs. Dennis Seidenberg

The stakes: PP time.

The lowdown: As good as Hamilton is, teams generally don't give teenagers top billing on the power play. As hard as it is to believe, Seidenberg saw 2:36 of power play time each game on average in 2011-12. How someone can do that and fail to reach the 25-point mark is beyond me. But if Hamilton can earn the trust of Coach Claude Julien, it will mean the difference between 10 and 25 points in this shortened season.

My call: Hamilton by decision

It's for Fantasy players but it is a good debate and has some fair points. Do it Dougie...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Training Camp Battles, Eastern Conference. Hamilton vs. Seidenberg

Seidenberg is one of my favorite players, but he's definitely not an offensive minded D-man (though not terrible with the puck). I'd like to see Hamilton on the PP as well. Rookie or not he clearly is a much more gifted playmaker, and seems to have a pretty good accuracy with his shot. Chara and Hamilton blasting pucks on net could be interesting, especially if Lucic could improve around the front of the net.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Can't Hamilton get a real number?  I'd like to see him wear #6.  53 is just awful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Can't Hamilton get a real number?  I'd like to see him wear #6.  53 is just awful.

How about the same number he has been wearing (27) for Niagara ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

6 scares me.  If the B'e have a cursed number, 6 is it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hey now I liked Dick Redmond

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Love Seidenberg, not too crazy about him on the PP..Should Chris Bourque make the team I wonder if he will get some time at the point, he's been doing it down Providence. That said, if Hamilton makes the team, I'd be suprised if he doesnt get at least some PP time.

Sections
Shortcuts