Training camp predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Training camp predictions

just some training camp predictions, mainly centered around Chris Clark, and the diminished playing time of Shawn Thornton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Re: Training camp predictions

In Response to Training camp predictions:
    [QUOTE]just some training camp predictions, mainly centered around Chris Clark, and the diminished playing time of Shawn Thornton Training camp predictions
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

Dennis Seidenberg a fighter?  What games have you been watching? His highest PIM total in a season is 41 minutes and he has a total of what 5 fights in the NHL?

Seidenberg has a better chance of winning the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy,given to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct, before he drops the gloves.

Shawn Thornton is not going to see a minute in Providence,he would have to clear waivers first and the Bruins aren't going to do that.  If anything he'll be a healthy scratch for the Bruins for certain games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

Rask showed he can handle huge games in the playoffs 2 years ago. How do you think the Bruins ration his playing time this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In Response to Re: Training camp predictions:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Training camp predictions : Dennis Seidenberg a fighter?  What games have you been watching? His highest PIM total in a season is 41 minutes and he has a total of what 5 fights in the NHL?   Seidenberg has a better chance of winning the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy,given to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct, before he drops the gloves. Shawn Thornton is not going to see a minute in Providence,he would have to clear waivers first and the Bruins aren't going to do that.  If anything he'll be a healthy scratch for the Bruins for certain games.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

"the bruins have plenty of players that can fight." where was it said that he was a fighter?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Training camp predictions : "the bruins have plenty of players that can fight." where was it said that he was a fighter?

"I personally think Shawn Thornton is a class act, despite his job description. However I don't see him dressing nearly as much as he has in passed years and a tour in Providence wouldn't surprise me. His main job is to be a fighter and with Greg Campbell, Pouliot, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Andrew Ference, Adam McQuaid, Zdeno Chara, Johnny Boychuk, and Dennis Seidenberg, the Bruins have plenty of players that can fight."

This is what you wrote and it sure includes Seidenberg as one you figure as a player who can fight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Training camp predictions : "I personally think Shawn Thornton is a class act, despite his job description. However I don't see him dressing nearly as much as he has in passed years and a tour in Providence wouldn't surprise me. His main job is to be a fighter and with Greg Campbell, Pouliot, Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Andrew Ference, Adam McQuaid, Zdeno Chara, Johnny Boychuk, and Dennis Seidenberg, the Bruins have plenty of players that can fight." This is what you wrote and it sure includes Seidenberg as one you figure as a player who can fight.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you guys but from the players mentioned above, other than Campbell & Boychuk, I don't want to see any of them fight and risk an injury! This list includes 2 first liners and our top 2 D-men. Furthermore, don't kid yourself. Pouliot is not a fighter. 

Not a snowball's chance in heck that Thornton goes to Providence. One way contract people. The B's will not put him on waivers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i think you guys are missing something here. there is a big difference between a fighter and someone that can fight

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]i think you guys are missing something here. there is a big difference between a fighter and someone that can fight

I understand what you're trying to say but It doesn't really matter if they can or can't fight. What matters is their role. If Lucic or Horton fight and get injured for 2-3 weeks or more, who will fill their role? Who else will put in goals at a 30-goal rate? If Chara fights, who will eat up the 30 minutes per game average.

That's why you have a guy like Thornton on the team for.

I'm not saying I don't ever want to see these guys fight. I am saying however, that I don't want to depend on that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

with all the toughness in this lineup, shawn thornton is not needed. if you think he is, tell me why

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]with all the toughness in this lineup, shawn thornton is not needed. if you think he is, tell me why

I did tell you why. I don't want my top line winger fighting. I don't want either of my 2 best D-men fighting. I know this is a tough team all-around but I do not want to rely on these guys for the fighting. 

Everybody has roles on this team. That's what was part of this team's success. Some provide offence, others eat up minutes and others play a more defensive role. Thornton has a role on this team as well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]i think you guys are missing something here. there is a big difference between a fighter and someone that can fight

And there is a big difference between someone that can fight and someone who is in a fight. Seidenberg is good at receiving punches, not throwing them.

Jared Knight interview ?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2562

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

[QUOTE]with all the toughness in this lineup, shawn thornton is not needed. if you think he is, tell me why

I'm not a huge fan of Thorty but questioning his value is nuts: leader, multiple cup winner, takes on heavyweights, won 1-2 playoff games with his energy...nuff said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Training camp predictions : And there is a big difference between someone that can fight and someone who is in a fight. Seidenberg is good at receiving punches, not throwing them. Jared Knight interview ? http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2562
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

its coming

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If Chris Clark does get a contract, someone has to move. I agree with that article that Pallie will be odd man out, especially if the Bruins want to bring Caron along.
    Thorton would see limited ice time and CJ would use him just like he did when the Bruins needed a spark.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]If Chris Clark does get a contract, someone has to move. I agree with that article that Pallie will be odd man out, especially if the Bruins want to bring Caron along. Thorton would see limited ice time and CJ would use him just like he did when the Bruins needed a spark.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

and i don't see whats wrong with that. yes thornton has his role on this team, but why can't it be a smaller one. i'm surprised NAS hasn't chimed in, we all know how much he hates the skating clowns

Sections
Shortcuts