trent whitfield placed on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shandkid. Show shandkid's posts

trent whitfield placed on waivers

i know trent almost done rehabing and would be a good fit in providence becausse there one of the worst teams in the league this season anyone have any view on this and why boston placed him on waivers thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: trent whitfield placed on waivers

He was on LTIR and needed to clear waivers before being sent to Providence. This from the Globe:

Whitfield waived The Bruins waived Trent Whitfield, who has missed the entire season because of a ruptured Achilles’ tendon. He had been on long-term injured reserve. If Whitfield clears waivers by noon today, the veteran center will report to Providence, where he served as captain last year. Whitfield was available to any club for a $3,375 waiver claim

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Wait! Wasn't he CJ's favorite player? Is this the same Whitfield a lot of you said was CJ's go to guy because of his reliability? Same player that CJ would have out on the powerplay or in the dying minutes of a close game? I guess this is just more signs of the "power struggle" in the B's front office...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cap move Trent will clear waivers just about now noon est then sent to help an under .500 Providence team they need all the help they can get.

Julien keep your hand off the recall button.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

All you dumpers like to dump on someone, but Trent Whitfield did an OK job on callup last year-- no big defensive errors and he had one breakaway- almost goal.  90% of bloggers herein were trashing him at every opportunity.  He covered his assignments, checked effectively, and didn't take any penalties.  Hope he stays in the Bruins network.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Whitfield placed on waivers? Damn! There goes our shot at the cup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Oh I have nothing against Whitfield, but it's hillarious to me how some on this board felt CJ would put him higher on the depth chart because of how safe he was/is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If he were an NHL caliber player, he'd have an NHL job for most of his career.

He didn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: trent whitfield placed on waivers:
    All you dumpers like to dump on someone, but Trent Whitfield did an OK job on callup last year-- no big defensive errors and he had one breakaway- almost goal.  90% of bloggers herein were trashing him at every opportunity.  He covered his assignments, checked effectively, and didn't take any penalties.  Hope he stays in the Bruins network.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

I assume your talking about the breakaway against Philly in game 6. Your definition of "almost" must be very vague. Whitfield literally shot the puck at the P on Leighton's jersey.

Sections
Shortcuts