Troll Refresher Part 341

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Troll Refresher Part 341

bump

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why?  I haven't seen a troll around in ages, I'm worried about null.  I think he finally might have slashed his wrists.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Why?  I haven't seen a troll around in ages, I'm worried about null.  I think he finally might have slashed his wrists.  

God joke ? Bad joke ? Or just obsessed with this guy ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Obsessed.  For all the world I wonder how he can obtain any satisfaction from posting the same thing a million times, how it can be that important to him to spend the kind of time he does doing it.  The other trolls at least have an iota of social conformity and give up much more easily in comparison, but null is a different species altogether.  And I'm still unsure whether he actually believes in this ridiculous conspiracy or if he's just purely trying to annoy people.  I'm sure he'll be back, tho.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Obsessed.  For all the world I wonder how he can obtain any satisfaction from posting the same thing a million times, how it can be that important to him to spend the kind of time he does doing it.  The other trolls at least have an iota of social conformity and give up much more easily in comparison, but null is a different species altogether.  And I'm still unsure whether he actually believes in this ridiculous conspiracy or if he's just purely trying to annoy people.  I'm sure he'll be back, tho.

Ask NAS  --  The way he went after that Bassfishing Guy was troll-like.  Don't you think?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to schlich's comment:

Ask NAS  --  The way he went after that Bassfishing Guy was troll-like.  Don't you think?

I mentioned it.  It's OK when he does it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The way I see it there are three types of posters on this boards

1) Those who defend the Bs no matter they do and will shout down anyone who dares to criticise. Fortunately they are very hard on the trolls though sometimes they find it hard to distinguish between the trolls and posters 2).

2) Those who love the Bs and know all about them  but have endured so many disappointments in between 1973 and 2010 that they tends to get rather shouty and negative when the Bs start to slide. 2011 or not.

3) The psychotic trolls who have nothing better but to write garbage and stir up sh*t just because their mummies didn't love them when they were young.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And there are the rest of us who love the Bruins and love hockey and come here to discuss it with like minded individuals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

1) Those who defend the Bs no matter they do and will shout down anyone who dares to criticise. Fortunately they are very hard on the trolls though sometimes they find it hard to distinguish between the trolls and posters 2).

2) Those who love the Bs and know all about them  but have endured so many disappointments in between 1973 and 2010 that they tends to get rather shouty and negative when the Bs start to slide. 2011 or not.

3) The psychotic trolls who have nothing better but to write garbage and stir up sh*t just because their mummies didn't love them when they were young.

4) Those who love the Bs and know all about them  and have endured many disappointments in between 1973 and 2010, but who can still look at this team in a fair and balanced way without either homerism or over the top negativity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

These don't seem to be the type of people one would respect.  If I felt that way about a community I certainly would not call myself a part of it.  I also would not take part in the activities of that community.

Have a Nice Day.  Cool

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bass, when people are constantly misinterpreting your posts, you don't think for a moment it may be because you've done a bad job being clear?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Yes, that is actually a perfect example.  You have an idea in your head of what you mean to say, but it just isn't coming through.  Then you don't seem to be able to figure out how people misinterpret it.  If I had to throw down an arbitrary percentage, I'd say half of the quibbles you've been involved in stem from you making a statement that you later clarify as noticeably different. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

4) Those who love the Bs and know all about them  and have endured many disappointments in between 1973 and 2010, but who can still look at this team in a fair and balanced way without either homerism or over the top negativity.

You are definitely a 4) red. You seem to have a good balance between involvement and detachment which few others have.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Exact quote:

Make believe Toe Blake was alive and our GM and coach for the Bruins right now.

This was in reference to BB's greatness - since you included both GM and coach, I would take that to mean he's done a great job at both.

If you are taking Toe Blake as your comparison, it seems to me you are suggesting he was great at both as well.

That's a pretty straight forward interpretation of your sentence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

These don't seem to be the type of people one would respect.  If I felt that way about a community I certainly would not call myself a part of it.  I also would not take part in the activities of that community.

Have a Nice Day.  Cool

I know it might seem that way but apart from the 3)s I'm mostly happy with everyone here. I just ignore all the card carrying trolls and when I see the moniker or avatar I just continue to scroll down. Sometimes I do wonder why NAS doesn't just save himself the aggro and do the same thing but on reflection I guess its in his nature to be thorough and protect the board from dolts. That's in no way a criticism BTW.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Your statement includes "and our GM and coach" - placing the two on equal footing with respect to the "make believe" part.  It certainly suggests that GM activities and coaching activities are both an important part of your comparison.  Your description here supports that: what makes BB so great is that he's doing both well.  If you are comparing him to Blake, and place GM and coaching on equal footing in your wording, you are suggesting he's done both well.

You chose to take Wheatskins comment as a troll retort.  You could also have taken it as chance to clarify your statement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

Exact quote:

Make believe Toe Blake was alive and our GM and coach for the Bruins right now.

This was in reference to BB's greatness - since you included both GM and coach, I would take that to mean he's done a great job at both.

If you are taking Toe Blake as your comparison, it seems to me you are suggesting he was great at both as well.

That's a pretty straight forward interpretation of your sentence.

No. Make believe was tied to him also being a GM along with being that great coach. He is a legendary coach, no? And everyone knows he's dead!  So, why would I be talking about making believe he is alive?  If you read the whole sentence it includes AND GM.  I wouldn't have typed AND GM if I wasn't trying to explain how unique BB's work with the Pats is.

He interrupted Red's and my GM discussion with a 4 word interjectory troll retort because he thinks I think Toe Blake was also a GM. That's what he was doing.

If he had GM duties as well like BB does here in NE, I wouldn't have "AND GM" with "make believe" in the same sentence.

I was trying to explain to that guy who doesn't like American football/doesn't know much about it, how impressive BB is not only as coach, but as GM as well.

People are always like "yeah, he's a great coach", but he's also a GREAT GM, IMO, a master, and the best ever.

53 players is a lot harder to handle as a GM than putting a hockey team on the ice.

An NHL G.M's responsibilites are more than just that. They have a farm team, players who were drafted by the team playing all over the globe in college,juniors and Elite Leagues etc..

25. This post has been removed.